Battlesavy

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Battlesavy

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Sep 2006, 04:56

Ok mages has a skill that lets them cast magic faster, so I think physical actions should have a speed enhancer, with a drawl back though.

Battlesavy works like sorcery but only for straight out attacks, no magic. Also it creates a 'fatigue counter' on the hero. Each attack adds one counter, when the counter = 5 the hero must stop for 1 turn and the counters reset (ie no action is possible the 6th turn because the first does not give a 'counter'). Only 5%, 10%, and 20% speed boost, but does 10%, 20%, or 30% more damage. This may overbalance might, but I also think magic should be made more powerful, so if that was so maybe not.

Edit: The skill level would also decide how many counters could be piled before 'resting'. 5 for basic, 7 for advanced, 10 for expert? or some such :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Sep 2006, 05:34

Shouldnt this proposal be in the HV forum? :devious:

Anyhow,that sounds like a very nice idea.But it would go even nicer if heroes attack was based on his attack and not his level.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Sep 2006, 05:39

Wasn't sure where to put it :) lol. So took the easy way out. Since some of my ideas seemed to be done before I also was cautious.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Sep 2006, 07:45

Moved :hoo: More ideas wanted, please...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Sep 2006, 08:21

Battlesavy vs 2..hero levels included? - Simple basic gives them a slight percent increase and slight damage increase per level, advance even more so, and expert a little more.

Still have the counters "fatigue from such furosity." and still lower count for lower skill and longer pauses also for lower skill.

And something like..
Basic +2.5% speed for physical, +3% for damge per level?
Advanced a little more
ect?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 24 Sep 2006, 08:36

I dont think I agree with this ability...
Why would you get it??? The attack isn;t nearly strong enough to use... and any hero, even the might oriented ones will have a magic skill... or at least it;s useful to have one...
Sorcery is to boost mages ... since the spells were a little weakened in H5...
But for hero's normal attack I think it's ok the way it is. And I mean:

Knight: can find lots of usefulness in Light Magic, and even W/O it he can do many things better that attack: like cast Retal strike, Divine Guidance, Benediction... etc. So here you have at least 3 rounds in which the hero won't be attacking
DemonLord: well Mark of the damned, Teleport assaut... etc
Ranger: Imbue Arrow and afterwards getting an increased attack speed would overpower this perk..

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Sep 2006, 08:47

This is true, however, the might based hero runs out of mana, specials, ect long before the magic based heroes. Since it only helps the physical attacks it has the benifit of helping the might heroes. You say 3 turns, most battles will either be over by then, or just starting. If it is just starting that leaves the Might hero with very little to do besides straight attacks. Even if it is a small boost to attacks, why not?

Of course this would be another skill (like sorcery is) with special abilities to boot, but I am sure there are better suggestions out there. I think pure might should be an option, but so should just magic. Anyhow ;)...lets see what some of our brilliant people on here can do with this.

Before anybody says it, yes it would be too powerful, I know this. This is just an example. We really need to beef up both Might and Magic (a little more so then Might) to make people who want to be either an true might or true magic hero...:)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Sep 2006, 10:24

I can see it overpowered only with imbue arrow,thus it may be made to work only with normal attacks(so it wouldnt work with imnue arrow or rain of arrows),but I think it is the skill we need to bring might back in the game.As for the feats...Stunning sounds nice,maybe as a special for demon lord and knight.One of the specials might be negating the defense when attacking a creature(yes,creatures defense should count against heroes physical attack.Its dumb that you can always do the same damage to titans whether they are buffed or not).Poison sounds nice too.Maybe even death cloud as necros special.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 24 Sep 2006, 10:54

I can't really imagine it as a skill, but it might be an ability for Knight and Demon Lord, maybe a more complex one for Ranger.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Sep 2006, 10:58

:hug: Thanks for all the input. I honestly think it should be a skill however, one that can be worked on. After all you don't just sudenly get good at fighting, it takes time :D. And I am sure somebody out there has a better skill that could pump up the rather drab and dreary straight out attack :).

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 06:06

I was always really confused, like by this deadeye shot, and all, i mean, just attacking with hero seem so underpowered...It just doesnt do much dmaage, especially in mid or late game when your hero finially supposedly does damage...even if you arent some mage specialty hero at least cast some basic level haste or some crap, i mean it will do SO much more probably than killing what, 4 or 5 archers out of a stack of 300? come on...id rather press defend with hero, than attack, its less embarrasing. Attack is so underpowered that increasing its frequency i do not think will help. only agaisnt phantom forces? maybe?
I have no idea how to cure it tho, since it would need to have some other special effect which would basically make it the same as casting a spell (i.e. 'imbube arrow'). The damage against teir 5 6 and 7 creatures I guess is okay, i guess, no, not really, the caster hero is going to do 30x the damage or so...heck, just never attack with your hero, its embarrasing.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 26 Sep 2006, 06:11

Yep and that is what I am trying to fix. Attacks are rather ...sad. So to boost it we need something that has some oomph to it. :) any ideas..any ... at all?!

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 06:31

well maybe it doesnt need to be fixed, cause even the might-oriented guys can do useful stuff like divine guidance or whatever instead of attacking, lots of stuff costing no mana...but it would be cool, to see the graphic of your hero charging and smacking some stack of archers and then watching them all die or something, but then its like, why ever take destructive magic? as it is, its like, u have to laugh, cause the familiars took all your mana, and u are actually down to attacking with your hero, so its kinda cute the way it is, like hey, its better than nothing...
but maybe you could simply make it so that it offers you an option to not taking one of the magic schools, because say, the damage is effected by your attack skill and your attack primary stat as well as level, so that it could in fact become decent, and maybe even effected by luck...maybe give heros more zero mana stuff like a knight hero can do a lay hands that is equivalent to a 1st aid tent heal or something, stuff like that, i dunno.

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sezerp » 26 Sep 2006, 07:00

I like the idea, that might heroes should have the possibility to use their physical attack more efficiently. After all, single combat is part of Knight's training while it is not (necessarily) the case for e.g. Wizards. I think either increasing damage or the frequency would be really OK.

OTOH I wouldn't like to see a hero killing 30-40 creatures in single blow - that would be simply ridiculous. I think the current system (capping the number killed) is very good idea. After all, they do not have machine guns...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 10:06

You think that killing two titans with a single heroes attack is underpowered?And this is a hero without mana(basically a useless one in HIII).It does kill few low tier creatures,but it does very decent damage to high tier ones.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 26 Sep 2006, 10:07

That is another thing, think it should kill more lower level ones, sort of like the hero getting mobbed and then throwing them off and killing all arround. .... :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 10:29

No,its fine like this.But funny thing is that they pull realism in stuff like hero attacks and casters in stack,yet they loose it in things like ghosts incorporeal,attacking trough walls etc.Weird.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”