your opinion on Raise Dead & Ressurect in 1.3

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What do you think about Raise Dead & Ressurect in 1.3

It was correct desidion to make them work like this
50%
I dont know yet
21%
Awful. These spells are nearly usless now.
29%

Total votes: 38

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Sep 2006, 13:44

DaemianLucifer wrote: Almost?As far as I remember,I counted three features that are like in HIV, and one was bad.(I remember that heroes without towns was one of those,but forgot the other two)
Mana for casters another. Also special skill for each faction (although in 4 anyone could use it). Don't recall the rest.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Sep 2006, 19:50

I used to think it was fine but apparently I was wrong.In just a few casts of resurrection with mark of the wizard a rakshasa goes 1 hp which is ridiculous considering that it is lvl 5,you have payed a lot in resources and invested in light magic lvl ups.At the same time a warlock can cast implosions which would kill your stack a whole lot faster than you could resurrect it,even more so now with the hp reduction.And warlock's lucky empowered spells:disagree: Raise dead is lvl 2 but it's still nerfed too much.It should either return to its former status or have a limit to the ammount of hp that can be reduced.Say up to 50-60% of starting hp with resurrection and around 40-50% with raise dead would be satisfactory.A creature falling below that feels simply wrong.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 25 Sep 2006, 20:58

The voting options are a little weird. An aweful change does not necessarily make the spell useless. But I am 100% against this change, nontheless.

My reason is simple -- it does not make sense at all. So resurrecting my commrade makes me easier to die? What's the point in that?

If the game company thinks some spell is too powerful, they can easily raise its mana requirement and lower its effectiveness. Or make the subsequent cast of it more and more expensive. Doesn't have to do nonsense change like this, resurrecting him to make me weaker. Somebody must be shot in the brain to prevent nonsense decisions spamming out of nowhere.

Since patch 1.2, heroic AI heroes come with free resurrection, and use it like no tomorrow. The campaign might have been made easier now --- how ridiculous.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 25 Sep 2006, 21:14

It looks like the next patch will remove the 10% penalty for Resurrect.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 25 Sep 2006, 21:17

Jolly Joker wrote:It looks like the next patch will remove the 10% penalty for Resurrect.
Another patch? How... predictable. ;|

Now we'll have a chance to see if my moon-phases theory is valid :D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Sep 2006, 21:34

Jolly Joker wrote:It looks like the next patch will remove the 10% penalty for Resurrect.
Thank goodness! :hoo: Now we have seen this extraordinary fit of creativity by Nival we can finally enjoy it as it was and never complain again.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Sep 2006, 21:41

too late; I just put up Naskoni's mod that changes both raise dead and ressurrect to remove the penalties. Here is where you can continue input on that particular solution:

viewtopic.php?p=88004#88004
Last edited by Sir_Toejam on 25 Sep 2006, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 25 Sep 2006, 21:44

1) Can you tell why do you think so
2) Raise dead as well ?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 25 Sep 2006, 21:47

Sir_Toejam wrote:
too late:

Hell no. Official game mechanics is always primary.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Sep 2006, 21:51

MistWeaver wrote:
Sir_Toejam wrote:
too late:

uh, i think you missed my meaning. I'll change the original post to make it clearer.

I mean that we just put up a mod today to change it.

of course Nival is encouraged to officially change it whenever they get around to releasing their next patch.
Last edited by Sir_Toejam on 25 Sep 2006, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 25 Sep 2006, 21:52

you are all missing an important point here .
The problem is not only that raise dead helped to win a fight, it helped to to avoid any loss in that fight or to minimize it ... and in MP, which this spell is made for , what is the interest of sacrifying a medium hero , which, let s say an army from a captured town , in order to finish him with my main, if it just give him XP, and for the nec, even more troops ?
this is a great balance change ... as far as i am concerned, and it tones down nec a little, problem is that it leaves dungeon and haven overpowered . ..
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Naskoni
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Naskoni » 25 Sep 2006, 22:01

MistWeaver wrote:
Sir_Toejam wrote:
too late:

Only if you insist on MP over UBI.com with unknown people ;) I challenge you to manage to finish one medium MP map despite Nival's MP code! Good luck - you will need it :devil:

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 25 Sep 2006, 22:18

MistWeaver wrote:
2) Raise dead as well ?
1) Well... yes :)
2) No

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Sep 2006, 22:22

But you said they know what they're doing. :devil: [size=0]Ignore this, i really can't help myself.[/size]

You know, they really should play-test these changes beforehand. I'm sure that after 3 patches ppl are willing to wait a while for another.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Sep 2006, 22:25

You know, they really should play-test these changes beforehand. I'm sure that after 3 patches ppl are willing to wait a while for another.
...and in the meantime, we can play around with the game mechanics ourselves and find out what works and what doesn't.

Modding is fun.

:-D

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 25 Sep 2006, 23:26

Jolly Joker wrote:
MistWeaver wrote:
2) Raise dead as well ?
1) Well... yes :)
2) No
1) I see. :)
2) Bad

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 25 Sep 2006, 23:51

Sir_Toejam wrote:Modding is fun.

:-D
I've spend a great deal of time modding and creating scripts for WoG, and I find it boring and tedious work. At least the end result pays off... sometimes.

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 26 Sep 2006, 00:00

MistWeaver wrote:
2) Raise dead as well ?
Raise Dead as well? of course not. You know, we the necromancers are the HoMM elite, veteran players who had to adapt to all kinds of radical changes and to suffer the abuses from the entire community for years. Now, after 4 HoMM games (Necropolis introduced in HoMM 2) and many years of unfair multiplayer rules, we are some kind of super-heroes, we are like a step forward in the evolutionary HoMM scale. Now all factions have racial skills and unique abilities, so is needed some intelligence to play with every faction, and all non-necro players are suffering by it because they are used to defeat necromancers by cheap tricks against the only really different faction. Now that is needed intelligence to be able to defeat a necromancer, we the necromancers always win, because we are the only intelligent lifeform in the world of Ashan (and the most attractive, wise, and charismatic people, together with the bearers of the largest... you know what), so to balance things Nival must nerf Raise Dead, Life Drain, Death Cloud, remove all wight´s abilities, make the necro´s mage guild almost double expensive than all the others, make the bone dragon dwelling unreachable by simply crazy resource demand, etc, etc, etc... :rip:

But, hey! those apprentices of heroes need to have some opportunity against us :proud:

:jester:

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 26 Sep 2006, 00:36

Amen brother !

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 26 Sep 2006, 00:40

well , I have to disagrea, the real black sheep is academy here ...
But I do agrea however that HAven and Dungeon ARE overpowered.
hoping they ll balance that too ...
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”