Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 25 Sep 2006, 01:48

This leaves us with:

mage/archmage
pit demons/pit lords
witches/matriarchs
(xxxdjinn/xxxmaster djinn)
druids/archdruids
water elementals
(xxxarchangels)
clerics/priests
liches/archliches

sprites
Only archlichs and inquisitors have spells. Lichs and priests are merely shooters.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Sep 2006, 03:25

Lichs and priests are merely shooters.
oh, you're right, my bad.

that takes two off the list, leaving us with still 50% more than 8.

thanks.

talk about taking a razor to an argument.

mr.dna
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mr.dna » 25 Sep 2006, 09:13

okrane wrote:
I really like it for my warlock + luck and empowered spells and a massive spellpower is very effective.
What is your skill tree for a warlock?... Mine has no room for Enlightment... although I admit It woud be rather nice to have it. I have the following dream tree:

Destructive Magic: M of Fire, M of Storms, Secrets of destr
Luck: soldiers luck, Warlock's luck, Magic resistance
Attack: tactics, power of speed, Retribution
Sorcery: Arcane Traning, Mana regen, Magic Insight
Logistics: Pathfinding, Scoutingm Teleport Attack

So... any other ideas?
Actually I've only played the campaign, so I got defense and logistics. I think I would go:
Luck, Enlightment, Destructive, Attack, Sorcery. Maybe defense instead of Attack.But I haven't tried if it works

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 01:38

I dont understand why so this game put so much effort into making every spell nice and useful in the right circumstance, but had abilities that are totally worthless. This eagle eye ability imo is an example, totally useless. The only spells you would really want to learn are 4th and 5th level, and not in your mage guild. for example, it WOULD be awesome if you had Lethos, in dungeon, and got expert dark magic, and then this ability, and fight some high level enemy hero who had puppet master. the you could run away or soemthing and learn it. But the risk of this just not happening makes it just not worth ever hiring and developing lethos. Besides, this is like assumign you couldnt just take his town for a turn and learn in his guild. I dont know man, its so hard to imagine the circumsances that would make using an ability slot for this vaguely worth it. And what about this resistence(+2 defense ?), and power of endurance, and power of speed, and crap? haha, as if i really care that i can cast haste now for 0 mana instead of 4...Mana burst? so the stack of 60 archmages cast fireball and receive ...14 damage...wow yeah thats totally gonna change the outcome of the battle....come on, give me a break.

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 01:54

okrane, as a warlock, u can do without logistics...hell neutrals are often hard for warlock anyway its not like u could push them much faster even if u wanted to, and why would u cast teleport assault instead of implosion, i dunno. Gettring retribution (and power of stupid) without leadership also seems almost a waste. Attack nd tactics are totally, totally indespensible however unless u are using like an all hydra army...Luck and warlocks luck is okay but not totally necessary, as its maybe a little overkill and soldiers lucks doent help yr army one bit (in fact, it can hurt you, if a witch casts frenzy on some invading melee unit). So bascially all you really HAVE to have is destructive magic and sorcery, and attack and tactics if you plan on using blood furies or grim raiders. that leaves 2 spot availible for any 2 of: defense, enlightenment(which yrwanna starts with neway, btw), leadership, luck, logistics or war machines, which i put in order of my own personal preference.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 02:43

Adicto wrote: ¿¿...?? How can you hit succubi with blood furys if they are protected by pit lords and overseers? The enemy normally is clever enough to not leave his shooters unprotected against the first attack of your furys, and later he kills those b*****s to be able to move more troops. With blood furys you normally face the same melee troops in final battles with or without tactics.
I would target pit lords first anyway.And once killed,succubi come next(if the furries survive that long,that is).

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 26 Sep 2006, 02:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Adicto wrote: ¿¿...?? How can you hit succubi with blood furys if they are protected by pit lords and overseers? The enemy normally is clever enough to not leave his shooters unprotected against the first attack of your furys, and later he kills those b*****s to be able to move more troops. With blood furys you normally face the same melee troops in final battles with or without tactics.
I would target pit lords first anyway.And once killed,succubi come next(if the furries survive that long,that is).
So doesn´t really matter if you have tactics or not, right? That is the point.

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 04:51

but you desperately need the OPTION to hit the succubi AFTER you killed the overseers/pit lords, the blood furies are hitting, say, the pit lords, and your hero cast i dunno, ice bolt to breeze the succubi...actually yr furies are probably hitting the familiars first but anyway, same concept in any faction, AFTER the pit lords go down, you want your furies to be able to hit the succubi without having to waste a move, they can attack or they can move, they cant do both, so yes tactics is a must, and also damage is so important, attack is a MUST

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 05:00

But then, i remember inferno gets that hero, niebros? i think? who eleminates enemy hero tactics phase...wow... BEST counter to dungeon is this guy. If there is any way for inferno to fight dungeon, its with this guy.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”