Which sea neutral monsters are necessary in game?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

1. HUGE CEPHALOPODATHE MOLLUSC (Kraken, Pulp, Octopus, Huge Squid, Architeuthis...)
35%
2. HUGE CRUSTACEA with the equestrian or without him
4%
3. GIGANTIC SEA REPTILE with extremity or without them (Sea Dragon, Sea Snakes, Sea Wyrm, Liwyatan, Leviafan, Tiamath....)
4%
4. PIRATES (Corsairs, Capers, Filibusters, Sea-robbers...)
13%
5. SEA TURTLE
No votes
6. SEA HUMANOIDS — female and a male (Undines, Maidens of the Seas, Mermaids, Nymphs, Naiads, Oceanides, Sirens, Tritons …)
22%
7. SEA ELVES (Aquatic Elves, Dimernesti, Dargonesti...)
No votes
8. HUMANOID AMPHIBIOUS (Sahuagin, Slaad...)
No votes
9. HUMANOID REPTILES including, with a snake bottom part of a trunk (Naga, Meduses, Lizardmans...
22%

Total votes: 23

Triton_Xaar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Triton_Xaar » 21 Sep 2006, 06:17

I welcome all admirers Heroes Might and Magic 5!

This voting is logical continuation of interrogation «Sea neutral monsters are necessary in seas Ashan?» Also it is necessary to find out, which neutral sea essences are most popular in players. What neutral sea monsters it would be desirable to see in Heroes 5. Therefore if you did not take participate yet in this voting visit please page viewtopic.php?t=3888 and vote.

If you visited this page but did not take participate in voting read through please the first message on this page. Recently I have laid out there detailed reasons of that sea monsters will really make voyages better. Your opinion can after perusal will change also you will vote for one of the offered variants.
Here for example at official forum NIVAL INTERACTIVE from 265 interrogated players — 220 are not satisfied by a present condition of water open spaces Heroes 5.
Also that is characteristic — 85 % from number of all voted admirers of Game, as an exit from the developed situation consider introduction in the game world of several neutral sea essences. And, their number changes from 2-3 up to high-grade water fraction in 14 persons. Considering specificity and difficulties of realization of sea race, an opportunity of Developers, plans of the Publisher and a wish of Players, reasonable would be, all the same to moderate appetite and to stop on 2-3 candidates on settling. In fact such quantity of essences quite on forces to design and realize to Developers up to an exit add-on.

Perhaps, the some people will tell that it a little. But 2-3 monsters, all the same, better, than ANYTHING. And for such number of sea creations it is necessary to be overcome.

For example among Russian-speaking players Kraken, Pirates, Undines-tritons and Sea huge Reptiles are very popular.

Here only it is necessary to be defined with a choice, what water essences, the right to occupy oceans, seas Ashan really deserve. Interrogation of the most important and captious critics - Players will help us with it, as well as last time.

As some kinds of essences have similar shape, but have distinctions in names, I have tried to lead some classification, having allocated from group of similar essences the generalized TYPE. So …

1. HUGE CEPHALOPODATHE MOLLUSC (Kraken, Pulp, Octopus, Huge Squid, Architeuthis...)
2. HUGE CRUSTACEA with the equestrian or without him (the Giant Crab, Lobster, Huge Arthropoda…)
3. GIGANTIC SEA REPTILE with extremity or without them (Sea Dragon, Sea Snakes, Sea Wyrm, Liwyatan, Leviafan, Tiamath....)
4. PIRATES (Corsairs, Capers, Filibusters, Sea-robbers...)
5. SEA HUMANOIDS female and a male (Undines, Maidens of the Seas, Mermaids, Nymphs, Naiads, Oceanides, Sirens, Tritons …)
6. SEA ELVES (Aquatic Elves, Dimernesti, Dargonesti...)
7. HUMANOID AMPHIBIOUS (Sahuagin, Slaad...)
8. HUMANOID REPTILES including, with a snake bottom part of a trunk (Naga, Meduses, Lizardmans...)
9. ANOTHER: NOT CLASSIFIED SEA MONSTERS (Hippocampus, SEA TURTLE, Scilla, Haribda, etc.)

Enough approximately, but to make representation about appearance of the monster it is possible. I ask all wishing to allocate from the offered list of the most liked essences — but everyone no more than 1!!!.

!!!! As, the comments explaining the reason of a choice are welcomed. And the most important - do not hesitate to offer the description and skill of the monsters approved by you. With what you would like them to see?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 06:24

Except for the dragons and elves,all of those sound nice.But I voted for the octopi-like creatures because of ze tentacles :D Nagas Id prefer in a town then neutral.

Also,why isnt there a mutated gaint whale in the list?That thing would win for sure :devious:

Darkion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Darkion » 21 Sep 2006, 06:39

Well, for me it goes like this:

Kraken/Giant Squid - Having one big one (or two) as some sort of "boss" enemy would be okay, but not a sea populated by them.

Giant Crustaceans, Sea Turtles - Uh, no thanks...

Sea Humanoids - Maybe if they were underwater, but mermaids hoping around on their tails look extremely silly.

Humanoid Amphibians - Could be, but doesn't really interest me.

Humanoid Reptiles - As much as I would like to have Medusas, Nagas and Lizardmen back, I don't think they should be sea creatures. Swamps are better for them.

Sea Elves - What? More elves? NO! What is this Elves of Might and Magic?

Voted Pirates, the sea is their domain. Sea Dragons, Sea Snakes and Leviathans would fit right in also.
Last edited by Darkion on 21 Sep 2006, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

Darkion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Darkion » 21 Sep 2006, 06:40

DaemianLucifer wrote:Also,why isnt there a mutated gaint whale in the list?That thing would win for sure :devious:
That would be the Leviathan (choice #3)

Hmm, DL, how come your post count seems to decrease at random intervals? It's showing you at 5 at the moment. Weird...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 06:59

Darkion wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Also,why isnt there a mutated gaint whale in the list?That thing would win for sure :devious:
That would be the Leviathan (choice #3)
Blasphemy!That thing is but a dwarf compared to the MGW.And I mean a real dwarf,not thane :devious:
Darkion wrote: Hmm, DL, how come your post count seems to decrease at random intervals? It's showing you at 5 at the moment. Weird...
What can I say,magic :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Sep 2006, 12:02

Sea Elves... yuck... get 'em off me, get 'em off me... NO tahnks i think we can do without.

Just keep to the classic HoMM sea critters (mermaids, sea monsters, pirates etc.)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 12:05

ThunderTitan wrote: Just keep to the classic HoMM sea critters (mermaids, sea monsters, pirates etc.)
Funny thing,all three of those were introduced just in HIV.Maybe thats the reason for seas being so uninhabited now :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Sep 2006, 12:11

DaemianLucifer wrote: Funny thing,all three of those were introduced just in HIV.
Damn you, now they know. You ruined everything.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Triton_Xaar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Triton_Xaar » 21 Sep 2006, 14:36

ThunderTitan wrote:Sea Elves... yuck... get 'em off me, get 'em off me... NO tahnks i think we can do without.

Just keep to the classic HoMM sea critters (mermaids, sea monsters, pirates etc.)
By the way, about classics. In the Role part M&M already were also Sea Snakes and 3 kinds of Tritons.

http://forum.nival.com/rus/attachment.p ... 1158849893

http://forum.nival.com/rus/attachment.p ... 1158849871

http://forum.nival.com/rus/attachment.p ... 1158849885

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Sep 2006, 15:04

Well, Human Amphibies or so, with some mix or tamed beasts, like mounted seahorses, maybe sea serpent (no dragon...noooooooooooo :( ) mounted by an important kind of merman/maid wearing a crown.

Jelly. lol :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Sep 2006, 15:53

There would be no point in a MGW; it would be like introducing Chuck Norris as a character in a Beat'em up...

And no Dragon turtles to vote for either. Sigh.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Sep 2006, 17:17

Yes, Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick as ability.

Description:
Chuck Norris' presence. Foes' death. Auto-ability at the beginning of the battle, Chuck Norris existence wipe out all enemy troops from the battlefield (it also means, that fewer units will be available for hiring, due their fear).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 21 Sep 2006, 17:37

Panda Tar wrote:Yes, Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick as ability.

Description:
Chuck Norris' presence. Foes' death. Auto-ability at the beginning of the battle, Chuck Norris existence wipe out all enemy troops from the battlefield (it also means, that fewer units will be available for hiring, due their fear).
:lolu: Oh man... I love these jokes.

BTW, voted for Kraken. That's just THE classic sea monster.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 22 Sep 2006, 01:39

Kraken may be the original sea monster but putting it would be screaming "Disciples" all over.. I would rather have tritons, crits of the original Might and Magic series, and a race altogether..

You know what would be great? A non-player triton race, complete with their deep sea castles, which from time to time assaults land factions with amphibious creatures.. That would be something fresh..

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Sep 2006, 01:44

kind of like the crazy barbarian tribes in civ?? that could be interesting, but also cause some tearing out of hair as well :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 22 Sep 2006, 01:50

stefan.urlus wrote: kind of like the crazy barbarian tribes in civ?? that could be interesting,
Precisely, like barbarians of civ.. It might be even better to be able to capture deep sea castles but I have an idea or two how, say, vampires would perform underwater :D...
stefan.urlus wrote: but also cause some tearing out of hair as well :D
Hasn't that been the natural outcome of whatever Nival has done so far? :devious:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”