What do u always pick?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

When you pick up a treasure chest, do you pick exp or money?

experience
70%
money
30%

Total votes: 57

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Nov 2006, 14:07

Campaigner wrote:Always gold.

You need gold to develop your town and to buy your army. If you take experience you will be delayed in towndevelopment which leads too means you'll lose a weekly production of some troops.
That's not always true, as you can only build once a day, and on a gold rich maps you might not need more gold. Also, investing in Pathfinding early can give you an edge in getting more mines/resources per turn.

So i guess i'm saying that if you really need it to get a building go for the gold, if not go with some XP.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Nov 2006, 15:37

I find that even one or two levels early on help out tremendously. Unless there are "dolmens of knowledge" everywhere, taking XP to get a few levels and some skills can give a greater edge than even a few extra creatures. In the end, it all depends on current status- if I need gold to finish some project in due time, of course I take gold. If I don't, then it's mostly XP. 1000/500 chests are always gold if there's stuff to buy though.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Nov 2006, 22:04

ThunderTitan wrote: That's not always true, as you can only build once a day, and on a gold rich maps you might not need more gold. Also, investing in Pathfinding early can give you an edge in getting more mines/resources per turn.

So i guess i'm saying that if you really need it to get a building go for the gold, if not go with some XP.
There's always secondary towns to develop and resources to convert to.

I see that you think a day or two ahead while I think a month ahead. That means that I'm the GalCiv 2 A.I and you're the Heroes V A.I :devil:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 21 Nov 2006, 22:14

I usually get xp on week 1 up to lvl 5(except those with 500 of course).Then it's gold all the way unless I'm about to lvl-up or I have enough money.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Nov 2006, 22:25

Campaigner wrote: I see that you think a day or two ahead while I think a month ahead. That means that I'm the GalCiv 2 A.I and you're the Heroes V A.I :devil:
Sure, and when i rush you with my fast moving high lvl hero and take all your towns i'll be really thankfull for all those extra building you had money for. :tongue:

Trading resources is very inefficient unless you own alot of towns, and by then chest XP isn't really that worth it. You just need to know how to balance it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 02:15

Campaigner wrote: And experience doesn't help enought in the beginning since you don't have enough troops or spells to make use of your skills and abilities.
Actually thats not true.Its avery helpfull to pick up few XP chests with a secodary hero in order to get resourcefulness,or to get exert ogistics with your main heo.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 22 Nov 2006, 03:36

DaemianLucifer wrote:Actually thats not true.Its avery helpfull to pick up few XP chests with a secodary hero in order to get resourcefulness,or to get exert ogistics with your main heo.
How do you know you will be offered Expert Logistics? And I truthfully think taking experience with a secondary hero is stupid. All experience should go to the main hero, at least until he is so high level that he's unlikely to gain another level. Resourcefulness is one thing, but resources can also be managed circumvented.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 03:46

Banedon wrote: How do you know you will be offered Expert Logistics?
You dont,its a risk.But if you already have logistics,pumping it up with a chest or two can benefit you greatly.
Banedon wrote: And I truthfully think taking experience with a secondary hero is stupid. All experience should go to the main hero, at least until he is so high level that he's unlikely to gain another level. Resourcefulness is one thing, but resources can also be managed circumvented.
I think its stupid too,except for this specific case.Buy a hero that has luck and if there arent any xp shrines,a chest full of xp is all that he needs.Having resourcefulness from the very begining is an excelent thing.I wouldnt put it on my main hero,but on someone that collects windmills its a gift from gods.
Campaigner wrote:Always gold.

You need gold to develop your town and to buy your army. If you take experience you will be delayed in towndevelopment which leads too means you'll lose a weekly production of some troops.
This is true only if the map is poor on gold mines.Its wise to hoard cash to be able to buy all your creatures later,because having them ready for recruitment means nothing if you cant buy them.But,if you see that your weekly gold output will cover the hiring of the creatures and leave you some extra money,its useless to have heaps of gold you wont be able to spend on anything.So,its map dependant.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 22 Nov 2006, 03:58

DaemianLucifer wrote:But,if you see that your weekly gold output will cover the hiring of the creatures and leave you some extra money
This has never happened to me :-)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 04:08

It was quite common in HIV.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 22 Nov 2006, 04:10

DaemianLucifer wrote:It was quite common in HIV.
Are we talking about h4?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 04:16

I was talking about heroes in general.The chests didnt change ever.And there were a few situations in HIII when I knew Id have enough money.HV still doesnt have enough custom maps,but my guess is that therell be those that you will have enough gold.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”