what are the best counters ??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

what are the best counters ??

Unread postby Kilop » 19 Sep 2006, 03:47

the question is here against which town would you take a secial town to counter it, and why ???
two examples in my head, inferno against dungeon, and bye bye small mana pool, and haven against necrom bye bye mass cruse with mass cleanse, and byebye skels with trizillions of marksmen ...

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 19 Sep 2006, 03:51

I wouldnt say inferno counters dungeon, even with out mana dungeon will rip inferno up.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 03:54

again a very subjective thing .... i would certainly think about using inferno against dungeon though
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 19 Sep 2006, 03:59

I wouldnt say inferno counters dungeon, even with out mana dungeon will rip inferno up.
elaborate pls ?
with darkness and might skills... i dont get what dungeon could do ... not one spell casted mind you , and facing 40% more troops with boosted stats !

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 19 Sep 2006, 04:10

Well you said nothing about what skills both sides have. Well dungeon beating inferno is my opinion based on the creatures stats and abilities. So feel free to disregard what i said if you must.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 19 Sep 2006, 04:13

i apologie if i appeared rude, what i meant to say is, dungeon is THE destructive magic faction , all their racials are toward it... if u can keep them from using it they might be in trouble ...
but then i d take dungeon to counter haven any time now since warlock luck has been buffed ...
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 19 Sep 2006, 04:18

You didnt appear rude, I just couldnt think of any non highly conditional reason of why dungeon would win. I would use light magic to counter haven as a just incase measure against dark magic. That and I almost always use light magic anyway it can counter just about anything.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 19 Sep 2006, 04:55

Now this is assuming the armies are about equal..if you truely wanted to negate dungeon magic...academy. Counterspell + huge mana base = dungeon not casting any spells. Granted this probably never happen seing as academy is so underpowered and have taken hits from just about every patch. Dungeon would still have att/def over academy, academy still could cast spells (since they dont counter there own), so I think dungeon would still win, but at least there specials would be limited :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 19 Sep 2006, 06:08

Kilop wrote:i apologie if i appeared rude, what i meant to say is, dungeon is THE destructive magic faction , all their racials are toward it... if u can keep them from using it they might be in trouble ...
but then i d take dungeon to counter haven any time now since warlock luck has been buffed ...
true but im still bitter about Nival decreasing the damage of my favourite spell meteor shower :mad:

if they hadnt decrease the damage dungeon would be the most powerful faction hands down hahahahaha

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 19 Sep 2006, 06:15

Mytical wrote:Now this is assuming the armies are about equal..if you truely wanted to negate dungeon magic...academy. Counterspell + huge mana base = dungeon not casting any spells. Granted this probably never happen seing as academy is so underpowered and have taken hits from just about every patch. Dungeon would still have att/def over academy, academy still could cast spells (since they dont counter there own), so I think dungeon would still win, but at least there specials would be limited :)
It's only theoretical strategy. Why?
1. Counterspell can be easily removed by casting a spell with Shadow Matriarch
2. If you keep counterspelling Dungeon hero you won't have a possibility to do any magic yourself couse every move of your hero will be spent to counterspelling implotions. And staying without magic is much more paintfull for Academy then for Dungeon.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 19 Sep 2006, 07:07

Simple, with sorcery (especially with jhora) you still can cast spells and easily counter dungeon spells. Again though, since academy is so ...bleh, it is not a viable option. Though it should be.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 19 Sep 2006, 10:36

Socery is also available for Dungeon and in fact is quite popular amongst Warlocks.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 19 Sep 2006, 12:52

johra special is useless here since counterspell is an ability, not a spell, so if the dungeon hero has sorcery he WILL be able to get one or two spells of, i doidn t know that counterspell work for creatures too, that makes this ability evenmore useless imo...
the really good hero against dungeon is galib, he will force dungeon to take summon magic and play might... and cards will be more equals.
I meant inferno simply becaus with the imps, hero has no mana since mana is always a problem with dungeon, and then he wouldn t be able to cast light anyway.
Btw, if a dungeon hero can cast, he will do it with destructive magic because it is the most efficient.
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 08:08

guys, imps move after blood furies and assasins, how many are gonna be left u think?
and even if you got them to move first, they wont take all mana. Dungeon can get a lot of mana, they can buy artifacts, if they need to, and they have that hall of intrigue, whatever, its not a problem, these familiars.

counterspell would be obnoxious. I definately can see and i had this discussion before, that academy would make great coutner for dungeon, from their abilities, but in practice, i have not found them to be sufficient.

Necros are the hardest, imo, for dungeon, immune to posion and confusion, and so many skeleton archers...getting raised....its hard

but no faction is going to really make another faction just unplayable, i think. I win many times as dungeon against necropolis, and i lost an obnoxious game as dungeon agaisnt inferno, cause of a quick deleb rush.

But no i wouldnt pick inferno against dungeon...SO much damage on round one...cant gate...

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 08:33

this trillions of marksmen things, and bye skele archers, seems a little funny to, what about dark magic, like puppet master or something, haha, on your marksmen...hmmm...and of course, necros may not mind so much, if you kill a bunch of units, u know, that raise dead spell, whatever...Counter for necro, i have no clue...maybe, um, inferno would be best against them, since they WILL have time to gate, probably. and they can do that deleb rush before the necro gets all his forces together. Dungeon i think is great counter for haven, since they get this confusion spell on matriarchs, and ability to inflict massive damage, by various means, without having to worry about the retaliation haven special ability. poison and destructive magic ( and irresitable) ignores defense, a huge potential damage from dungeon then eliminates 1/2 of the knights primary stats. Griffins are the only unit, with their high initiative, that can be a pain for dungeon, but unfortunately for haven they cannot make an all-griffin army...right? About sylvan, maybe because they, like dungeon, do pretty quick damage, they could be a good counter for inferno, also having light magic and ressurect, and hitting succubus 2 tmes it will only retaliate once, stuff like this. I dont know, id rather counter inferno with dungeon haha.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 26 Sep 2006, 08:37

For necro's counter with Sylvan. There double attack archers, magic using units, and dragons can cause a lot of havoc with Necros. Get those dragons next to those skeletons and they are not so much of a threat then (if sylvan use summoning :) ) case arcane armor on the dragons, or barring that your hunters. While the dragons maul the archers, the rest take out the liches then the vamps. And if you can get the hero that attacks before combat starts..there goes a ton of skels right off the bat. That is just me, Sylvan is beatable, but seems to be a good counter to just about any town.

Though I would like Academy to be a viable counter to something, seems this is not the case. I like the academy more then Sylvan, but as is right now just can't seem to do anything with them. On any setting (even easy)...which is just a dang shame.

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 09:36

well in multiplayer maps u cant get Findan cause hes campaign only..I dont know if sylvan can really counter necro so well cause they can easily jsut turtle their archers, especially easy agaisnt large units, u know, and dark magic can really multilate sylvan armies, sprites have cleansing, i guess, but what chance? and only 2 casts..and of course anything that gets too far within the ranks of UD is gonna get quickly mauled, even dragons. and damage done to UD is of a somewhat temporary nature...they seem to lack a good way to handle ghosts...and the unicorn blindness special (which is very scarey for dungeon) cant work on necro Wasp storm dont work either. damage from druids and imbubes can be very well handled with a necro that choses boneward, protection and magic resist. So im not really seeing this sylvan counter for necro...hell...necro is jsut hard as hell to counter.
I never have seen people play sylvan on multiplayer, so i really dont know in practice, against computers sylvan armies are sure to give dungeon some casualties, but just not enough to win really, as they suffer heavily from matriarch's confusion and slow, assasin poison, and they get nuked to death rather easily. They look good on round 1 and then tables turn badly on round 2 and 3

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 09:40

Because of this, i guess getting sylvan, and that guy with fast strike ability, and diplomacy, and a hit and run tactic would be a good way to fight dugeon.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 26 Sep 2006, 09:47

Again I disagree here (suprise huh?). The undead don't move fast enough to really worry about the darkness spells..and if you are just get light and mass effect it, counters that real quick. As for turtling, since they are god awful slow, and a dragon can reach the skelies before they can be turtled, go for it, just lets the dragons get two units for 1 :). Keep negating any darkness cast on your units with your light, keep your dragons or hunters AA'd and maybe throw in a Pheonix. Even if undead outnumber the Sylvan pretty bad they take a beating do to speed concerns. (especially with light magic :) ). Throw in the sylvan ability to add damage to certain types through avenger (not to mention the imbue arrows) and I have had tremendous success vs necros..more so then say Inferno or Dungeon.

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 26 Sep 2006, 09:54

I find that with dungeon, the ATB board and tactics is EVERYTHING, and it jsut so happens that hunters and master hunters, get to act immediately AFTER shadow matriarchs, if sylvan could change this, with artifacts or whatever, it may be enough to turn the tables.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”