1.3... and crash !!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
norlisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

1.3... and crash !!!

Unread postby norlisk » 17 Sep 2006, 17:47

Hello
I installed the 1.3 patch 3 days ago, but now the game refuse to start !!!! Everytime I've got error message:
AppName: h5_game.exe AppVer: 1.3.0.34 ModName: h5_game.exe
ModVer: 1.3.0.34 Offset: 0060a7b2

Does anyone know what to do ? It worked perfectly with 1.0,1.1 and 1.2...
(note: I have already erased the 12nd Septembre XP security updates...)
Thanks in advance
You know the day destroys the night...

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 17 Sep 2006, 17:50

have you installed a mod ? if so , reinstal ...

norlisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby norlisk » 17 Sep 2006, 18:01

No no no mod installed, even when I re-install the game and 1.3, it crashes !!! But still work very well with 1.1 and 1.2 ...

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 17 Sep 2006, 18:05

maybe you should ive more details about your system...
and btw anyone knows how to change video settings outside the game ?

norlisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby norlisk » 17 Sep 2006, 20:02

I send a message to Ubi to ask for assistance, I also give them my dxdiag.txt. But for now I don't have any answer... Do you know if they answer efficiently ?

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 18 Sep 2006, 00:00

The executable file itself (h2_game.exe) crashes in your case, so a reinstall might be useful.. If your harddisk is couple years old and has been heavily used, it might be a good idea to scan it for errors via scandisk or other 3rd party software. Think about any other software you downloaded, installed, or uninstalled, it might also be a virus or a missing file that uninstalling some other thing might have taken...

norlisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby norlisk » 19 Sep 2006, 14:51

Thank you for your advises... I'm going to defrag my disk because I realised it was really necessary... I hope it's gonna work !!!!
This is not a virus problem because one of the first thing I did is use anti virus and it detected no problem.

-BiS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -BiS » 19 Sep 2006, 16:08

norlisk wrote:I send a message to Ubi to ask for assistance, I also give them my dxdiag.txt. But for now I don't have any answer... Do you know if they answer efficiently ?
They DO NOT answer. I'm still waiting for an answer to a problem i solved in the meantime, but it's been more than a week without a reply from ubi.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 19 Sep 2006, 17:06

I had the same problem. What I did was uninstall, then reinstall. Then get 1.1 patch, and afterwards use autopatcher for everything. After that it worked fine.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 19 Sep 2006, 18:15

-BiS wrote:They DO NOT answer. I'm still waiting for an answer to a problem i solved in the meantime, but it's been more than a week without a reply from ubi.
I on the other hand have recieved answers from them within as little as a few hours.
"Patching Eternal!"

norlisk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby norlisk » 21 Sep 2006, 07:09

My problem is solved !!!! I defrag my disk and I made some space in it (1/3 is now free) and then I did what Warlock said: re install the game, patch 1.1 and then auto patch to 1.3. Everything works much better now: even the other applications...(defrag...)
Thank you all for your help !

BlackLotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackLotus » 24 Sep 2006, 18:21

You must manually erase all files related to HOMM 5, after you have unistalled it. If you don't the mod will become apart of the new installation of the game, which will cause your machine to crash.

The Black Evil One... :o[
David J Zewalk

Return to “Heroes V-VI”