Problems with Cheat Console after patch 1.03

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Falcore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problems with Cheat Console after patch 1.03

Unread postby Falcore » 17 Sep 2006, 15:15

Hey guys,
For some reason I have not yet identified, the cheat console for patch 1.03 isn't working for me. The cheat console and codes worked for me the first time I used them (prior to any patches)

After downloading the third patch, I added in the new line into the input file (bind show_console '`') in the correct position. I restarted my computer, opened up heroes, typed ` in a single player game and no console.

Any suggestions anyone?
Also, do the cheats work in the campaign games? Some of those campaigns are far too challenging for me :|

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 17 Sep 2006, 15:58

The problem is, Nival decided to make the cheat codes almost impossible to implement unless you were completely computer savvy. They couldn't make a text bar by pressing enter and entering the codes that way.

You have to modify 2 configuration files with scripted lines, then you have to set your key to open the console then you have to learn special cheat codes to enter exactly, perfect syntax and all or you can't use the cheats.

Why am I not surprised here?

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Problems with Cheat Console after patch 1.03

Unread postby addicted » 17 Sep 2006, 16:54

Falcore wrote:Hey guys,
After downloading the third patch, I added in the new line into the input file (bind show_console '`') in the correct position. I restarted my computer, opened up heroes, typed ` in a single player game and no console.

Any suggestions anyone?
Also, do the cheats work in the campaign games? Some of those campaigns are far too challenging for me :|
Did you also add, setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes to your Heroes of Might and Magic V Edition\profiles\autoexec.cfg file?

Did you check out this url?http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 020284/p/2
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Falcore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Falcore » 17 Sep 2006, 17:20

addicted- I have indeed already added "setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes" to the autoexec.cfg file. That worked for me fine when I was intially implementing the cheats.

LordErtz- I modified the two configuration files, what did you mean about setting your key to open the console? The problem is my console won't open.

Sanks~

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 17 Sep 2006, 17:23

exactly the same problem i had .. had to re do all the campaign .
BTW , i have a graphic problem: i changed the resolution and the game starts and stops imediately ... tells me that my laptop won t urn such resolution ... anyone knows how to change resolution outside the game ???

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 17 Sep 2006, 17:56

There's someway you can assign a hotkey to open the console...that might be why yours isnt opening. I haven't done it yet because I can't be bothered to play the game right now.

Someone should reply shortly.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 17 Sep 2006, 17:58

yes that i tried to ... no more luck ... i believe , in 1.3 , show console is not functionning, anyone can confirem that ?

h4mx0r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby h4mx0r » 17 Sep 2006, 19:03

not functioning for me :|

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Sep 2006, 19:16

you guys evidently didn't read the ubi forum link too closely:

"Go to My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Profiles* and then the profile I want to apply it to. Open the 'input.cfg' in NotePad, and add the line

bind show_console '`'

just beneath the

bind confirm_action 'NUM_ENTER' "

works fine if you do this.

just make sure you modify the input.cfg file in the profiles directory where your savegames are located, not any copies located in your main game directory.

note that this ISN'T new, it's just that nival made changes to the input.cfg file and forgot to add the binding in themselves.

...and yes, I agree this is sloppy on the part of Nival; and yes, nobody should have had to work out the details of how to enable cheats in the console, it should have been in the very first readme that came with the game (and of course, it should be in the latest readme for sure).
Last edited by Sir_Toejam on 17 Sep 2006, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 17 Sep 2006, 19:32

This shouldn't even be a problem...the developers should have just put the cheat codes into the game so we could just type them in. It is almost ludicrous to have the general population have to figure out all this crap.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 17 Sep 2006, 20:26

LordErtz wrote:This shouldn't even be a problem...the developers should have just put the cheat codes into the game so we could just type them in. It is almost ludicrous to have the general population have to figure out all this crap.
I totally agree with you. In fact Nival said the cheat code console would return in this patch (1.3) which they didn't do. If giving us a programming syntax to program in on our own is their way of returning the console in the game, then I feel they really deceived us. And in the editors cheat code manual, it doesn't give many cheat codes to enter either, just a very small list..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Sep 2006, 20:35

Be thankfull that its just the cheats they did this to.Imagine if the whole patch was just a big text file explaining how to do it yourself :devious:

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 17 Sep 2006, 22:49

DaemianLucifer wrote:Be thankfull that its just the cheats they did this to.Imagine if the whole patch was just a big text file explaining how to do it yourself :devious:
LOL...that was a good one :D

Falcore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Falcore » 18 Sep 2006, 05:48

Whoop!
It works now. Kilop - to make it work, I went to the input.cfg file in my documents/my games etc. I realised I was altering the wrong file (the one in program files).

Also, when the console opens, you should type in enable_cheats

Thanks y'all

Mardon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Done it all

Unread postby Mardon » 15 Aug 2007, 06:37

I have patch 1.4 installed. I have added the line setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes to autoexec.cfg (both the one in My Documents and to the one in the program folder)
I have added the line bind show_console '`' to the input.cfg file.
Still nothing... :mad: Could you please try to help me?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”