Will you purchase any more products made by Nival?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Yes they are the best developer ever!
4%
sure, if Jolly Joker pimps their games as good as he did Heroes V
21%
maybe if Sir Charles(C_H_U_C_K_L_E_S) approves
14%
NEVER!!! Never again will I buy anything made by this lazy, arrogant, and incompetent company!
61%

Total votes: 28

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 16 Sep 2006, 16:35

Boycott Nival. Hopefully they are out of business soon.

:devil:

Naskoni
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Naskoni » 16 Sep 2006, 16:43

Haha - I really like the second and the third options :-D

It is a biased poll for sure but it just so happens to fit to my opinion quite well - option 4 for me.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Sep 2006, 16:57

YES! :)

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 16 Sep 2006, 17:12

ok but what if noone else buys homm trademark?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 16 Sep 2006, 17:38

Then Ubi can find a new developer. They're the ones with the rights, IIRC. No problem. :) (Unless the new developer ends up being on par with Nival. Then we might be in trouble.)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 17:38

Option 5:I will if they ever make a decent game.But concidering the chances of this happening,this is almost exactly like otpion 4 :devil:

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 16 Sep 2006, 17:48

I was really disappointed with Nival on how they messed up with the game balance with their new patch.

I've rarely played Heros V nowadays because it still feels like a beta game.

Though I must say I've really enjoyed playing when I first got it(the first month or so) and this game really has good potential, if Nival fixes things right.

I'd choose my own option:

Option 6: I will continue to patronise Nival if they do patch up this game nicely in future...until then...I dont think so.

So I guess it's Option 4 for the time being?

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Sep 2006, 18:21

Why do you people hate NIval so much? Heroes of Might and Magic is a great game. The graphics, the creatures, and the rest of the game are perfect! Nival has done a good job, so you should not whine. :mad:

Naskoni
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Naskoni » 16 Sep 2006, 18:31

Shuyssar wrote:Why do you people hate NIval so much? Heroes of Might and Magic is a great game. The graphics, the creatures, and the rest of the game are perfect! Nival has done a good job, so you should not whine. :mad:
Hate? It is more like having to deal with arrogant, self-centered but mostly incompetent people with lots of self-esteem.

As for your second sentence - the graphics are great for sure, most of the creatures are great too (the new TreeAnt is horrendous though, as are some others), and the rest of the game is not on par with HoMM III, there are some good ideas which are not exactly that well implemented, plus their patching up to now has been rather pathetic too -> "not enought points...", not to mention the "free" maps fiasco or the 10 maps that were supposed to ship with the game even, despite the two months delay they got during which time they did almost nothing... I can go on, but what's the point...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Sep 2006, 18:38

Answer: no, thank you.

The quality of the game simply doesn't match the system requirements. Frankly, I'm not at all impressed.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 16 Sep 2006, 19:13

nope, I will never BUY another nival game again...waste of money.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 16 Sep 2006, 19:19

Well, chances are that Nival will make Heroes VI as well... so no Heroes VI for 70% at this point. Ahhh, a pity.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 16 Sep 2006, 20:02

Maybe it's too early for me to say this since there aren't too many votes here, but most people at this thread say they will never buy anything from Nival again, but when asked if people will buy the expansion in the other thread, most people said they will. That seems pretty confusing to me. :|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 20:06

Shuyssar wrote:Why do you people hate NIval so much? Heroes of Might and Magic is a great game. The graphics, the creatures, and the rest of the game are perfect! Nival has done a good job, so you should not whine. :mad:
No its not and no they did not.A game with such an extensive bug list and no support cannot be great.Its average at best.Lots of potential,but not used.

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 16 Sep 2006, 20:11

Jolly Joker wrote:Well, chances are that Nival will make Heroes VI as well... so no Heroes VI for 70% at this point. Ahhh, a pity.
Worrying about losing your comfortable pimp job? Don't worry, you pimped so good that Nival will keep you for a long long time.

Who cares about Heroes 6, after Heroes 4 and 5 most rational people will just look the other way or download it for free.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Sep 2006, 20:21

DaemianLucifer wrote: No its not and no they did not.A game with such an extensive bug list and no support cannot be great.Its average at best.Lots of potential,but not used.
Yep, there is a big potential, and the patches have fixed almost all bugs!
All we need is, lots of great fan-made maps!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 20:27

WinterIsComing wrote: Who cares about Heroes 6, after Heroes 4 and 5 most rational people will just look the other way or download it for free.
And considering the results from the will you buy the exoansion poll,most people arent rational.
Shuyssar wrote: Yep, there is a big potential, and the patches have fixed almost all bugs!
All we need is, lots of great fan-made maps!
Say what?Im sorry,I must be reading this wrong then.(oh,and thats just CH bug list,and not the full one)
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 16 Sep 2006, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 16 Sep 2006, 20:29

@Shuyssar
The patches may have fixed bugs, but they also introduced new ones, and messed up the features and balance. Those aren't good patches.

I think I saw in another discussion that you said HoMMV is your first crack at the series, and perhaps that is why you like it so much. Try playing HII or HIII and see how a Heroes game is supposed to be made.
"Patching Eternal!"

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 16 Sep 2006, 20:38

Buying a game really should be more on a case-by-case basis.

I loved Asheron's Call for about 2 years after it came out. It eventually got insanely overpowered and lost it's touch for me, but all MMOs do that eventually. Still a good game. I liked AC2 as well, but most of Turbine's newer games have been bad.

Most companies have different developers on different games. Also, just the basic idea of games can change whether they're good or bad.

About the only game companies that I will focus on solely because of the company are the ones that consistently finish a game before putting it out (Square and Blizzard are good examples of this). A finished rather fun game is better than an unfinished super game in my opinion. Mostly because unfinished games are never quite finished after being released, patches or no.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Sep 2006, 20:41

It is not my first game! I have played Heroes3 too, but this one is MUUUCH better!
I am very satisfied with the great job Ubisoft has done. I will buy more of their games. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”