Coop games on all maps

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Coop games on all maps

Unread postby LarkinVB » 16 Sep 2006, 10:35

Why do I need a mod to play FFA maps in hotseat coop mode ?

If there is a 4player FFA map why isn't it possible to set teams to 2vs2 ?

I know that there is a coop map with 1.3 but I don't understand why this is not possible for each map.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 16 Sep 2006, 10:57

Well, because it is FFA, you said it yourself, Free For All, means no allies, thats why you cant play them allied without the mod.

LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby LarkinVB » 16 Sep 2006, 11:01

There are other games were you just have the map and some start locations. Give each player a different team number and you have FFA. Give some players same team numbers and you have coop.

Therefore my question is : Why do they force FFA or coop on us and don't just allow to set the teams as described above ? The mod shows that same map can be played FFA or coop, why not just let players select this during game setup ?

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 16 Sep 2006, 14:33

I guess they thought that once the map editor was out people could just make multiple versons of the same map,or that they just couldnt be bothered with putting it in.

h4mx0r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby h4mx0r » 16 Sep 2006, 21:00

blah, I hope the community starts churning out Grade A team maps. I'm sick of dueling my friend at the end of each game. I mean, whats the point of teaming up with him if Im going to kill him at the end.

And I can't kill him earlier, otherwise he would have to sit and watch me play the rest of the map.

LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby LarkinVB » 16 Sep 2006, 21:53

The community should finish the game, right. More maps, AI mods, balancing , documentation etc ...

I'm utterly confused why Nival is a) supporting the game with patches but b) fails to fill lots of obvious gaps and unfinished beta like stuff.

They should replace the manager as (s)he is obviously not up to the task. HOMM5 has some value but will be remembered as another unfinshed product.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 21:57

LarkinVB wrote: They should replace the manager as (s)he is obviously not up to the task. HOMM5 has some value but will be remembered as another unfinshed product.
I think they already did that.Well,not willingly,but they did :devious:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”