Necropolis..... aaarrgghhh!!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GSte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Necropolis..... aaarrgghhh!!!!

Unread postby GSte » 15 Sep 2006, 21:38

How on earth do I defeat the mighty necropolis? Me and my friend play this game a lot in hot seat mode with him invariably choosing necropolis and I just can't seem to beat him with any faction!?! We generally play the 'rise to power' map and wipe out all of the computer opponents before fightning amongst ourselves, but by this time he has at least 1000 skeletons and is unstoppable.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Necropolis..... aaarrgghhh!!!!

Unread postby cornellian » 15 Sep 2006, 21:56

GSte wrote: We wipe out all of the computer opponents before fightning amongst ourselves, but by this time he has at least 1000 skeletons and is unstoppable....
That is why you can't beat him, because you let him to amass his skeletons.. Necropolis faction is like an avalanche, you have to stop it before it gets the whole mountain go down.

If you can't do that, try Haven to get its against undead bonus or Inferno to steal all his mana to prevent him casting Raise Dead over and over again. If you can get to a reasonably good hero level (15-20+) and will have nice spellpower, go with Dungeon to blast his hard hitting troops with meteor shower/implosion.. If you want to play Academy, use your gargoyles speed to move them next to (move, not attack) skeleton archers/liches to sap his ranged power..
Good luck.

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

ez way to win

Unread postby Sathasarus » 15 Sep 2006, 22:29

if he's taking advantage of the rise to power map by amassing skeletons then you should be either haven or dungeon .. with haven you can get ultra high defense, then save up around 140k and convert like 60 priests to cavalery using the training thing, then u'll dominate... or just get the puppermaster spell.. but i was playing haven on that map and i had like 31 defense on my hero and that was before i put a bunch of artifacts on... then if u add in spells u can rock the crap out of them.

for dungeon, what u do buy and sacrifice ur minotaurs and hydras since they suck so you get increased weekly growth on ur blood maidens which by the end if u r smart, u can easily demolish him.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Sep 2006, 22:57

So do you have to save him for last? Is that the agreement? Because if I were you I would go after him even before the a.i. is all dead.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 18 Sep 2006, 22:33

Well I think that Sylvan is a good faction for fighting Undead, especially with Imbue Arrow ability and Triple Balistae shot. The key is to smash Skeleton Archers as fast as you can, so even Raise Dead will not help them maintain their numbers. You have a lot of Archers at your disposal so you will be reducing Skeletons very fast. Luck is essential to do more damage, you can also use Avanger to make those Skeletons your favoured enemy. You can block them with fast Sprites. Use units like Treants and Unicorns to hold off rest of the forces...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 18 Sep 2006, 23:08

What's stoping you from choosing Necropolis too ?

Fight him with his own weapons ;)
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: ez way to win

Unread postby Bonzer » 18 Sep 2006, 23:16

Sathasarus wrote:... or just get the puppermaster spell.. .
I don't think Puppetmaster works on undead? ;| Could be wrong though.

Another way to nullify enemy missile troops is to Teleport your tank troops next to them, then try Phantom Force on them as well. Not so effective against Mages though ;)
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 19 Sep 2006, 01:18

I don't think Puppetmaster works on undead? Could be wrong though.
Mind spells don't work on undead at all...

unless you have sandro's cloak.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”