Will you buy the expansion?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Will you buy the expansion?

Poll ended at 14 Oct 2006, 23:57

Yess! Dwarves? I'm in
55%
Lemme think about it for a while
28%
Hell no! I'm gettin' out while I can
17%

Total votes: 99

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 16 Sep 2006, 06:30

Vote No

…unless I find it in the used bin for less than $5, in which case I might consider it. There’s a very (VERY) slim chance that Nival will have put together a decent story…:loll: okay I can’t even TYPE that with a straight face. And even then, if I find an original AB expansion disk in the same bin for comparable price, I’d buy that first even though I already own H3 Complete.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 16 Sep 2006, 08:17

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Vote No

…unless I find it in the used bin for less than $5, in which case I might consider it. There’s a very (VERY) slim chance that Nival will have put together a decent story…:loll: okay I can’t even TYPE that with a straight face. And even then, if I find an original AB expansion disk in the same bin for comparable price, I’d buy that first even though I already own H3 Complete.
In which planet there have been HoMM games with decent story?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 08:20

Humakt wrote: In which planet there have been HoMM games with decent story?
You are joking right?Lets see,HI,HII,HIII,HIV all were developed on 3rd pebble from the sun,so my guess is on earth.

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 16 Sep 2006, 10:15

I voted wait and see.

Trying to give it a chance (since I didn't like H4 when it first came out, then it grew on me). But so far it doesn't have the "just one more turn" (hours later) appeal to it like the other ones in the series. Guess I'm old ;) , but I would rather have other things than the flashy 3D graphics and all that, but then that is what sells these days.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 16 Sep 2006, 10:19

addicted wrote:My thought is, if everyone, including Nival/UBI wants this game and editor to be so much like homm3, then they ought to rename it H-3.5!
That number has already been taken by WoG ;)

Voted yes, I'll get the expansion for the extra town and especially the RMG.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 10:21

Well I guess that makes me old too then. A game can have all the 3d graphics in the universe and I don't give a darn if the game isn't interesting. As is ANY of the old heroes, even H4 is better right now. Still loosing hope as the days go by, and I started out one of h5's biggest supporters. As much, if not more, then even JJ :). Now...well hope dies hardest, there is still hope....
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 16 Sep 2006, 10:36

Hell no! I'm getting out while I can!

Game crashes in v.1.2 after 5min and that's scary. I also think there's severe designflaws in the game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 10:38

@urbanmonk&Mytical

Guys,please stop with the old comments.I dont want to be old at the age of 21. :devious: (and if someone mentiones the benders wormhole joke here,hes in for some :slap: )

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 10:41

Bah 21 is young. Just old enough to drink :rofl:. You are not old until you can rememeber when (during a gas price war) gas was 39c a gallon, and big macs were 25c! Ok so people are older then that, but yes I feel very old hehe (25th anniversary of McDonalds for the 25c Big Macs hehe).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Sep 2006, 10:49

To be old is not problem of expansion, please, keep the line. ** Oh, well, I'm not old either, isn't strange? But a long time canditate for quarter-staff.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 10:55

nope you are right pol, the problem is that Homm5 has lost a lot of its luster. Happens to the best games, I know. Seems to follow the graphics thing though. Get better graphics, so who cares about the game/story/gameplay? Hey if I wanted graphics only, I would watch a movie. Don't let the game suffer because of graphics. Right now I have been playing old games like Golden Axe, Final Fantasy (1), and things like that for a break from the ...prettier is better syndrome. Yeah I like nice graphics but give me gameplay any time. I do plan on buying the expansion, cause I am hoping it does help this game. I really do want h5 to be a good game. I have been a fan since HoMM (1) was made available. So I can't say it's all bad :).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Sep 2006, 12:12

Ahh, now it's hit me. :devious:

"I wasn't talking about age of expansion, but to the age generally, like my age, your age and everyone age. DL do not counts, he is eternal."

Otherwise quality of games is always best measured by age(s), sure :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 16 Sep 2006, 12:28

actually i really enjoyed h3 map graphic the most. it wasnt as pretty and sparkling, but it had that "old map" feel. graphics improvement might even make things worse.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Sep 2006, 12:46

IMHO H4 had the best graphics engine, even if the view angle coould be better and everything was a bit too shiny, and H2 the best art for the units/buildings etc. H3 was a close second on both counts.

And the most annoying thing about the Exp is that it didn't bring back any of the old H3 towns that are missing (Swamp and Barbarians). And this from the ppl that said Dungeon with Dark Elves was a new town... weird.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 16 Sep 2006, 12:51

but one thing h5 had a lot better than h3 (i dont remember how it was in h4):
morale. ubival certainly shouldnt change that back to the "chance to go twice".

but i do really hate the absence of swamp town. hydras are gone to dungeon already, but what about my shiny idea to make swamp lvl 7 a cthulhu-like monster(old one)? a ground based monster with psychic powers and lvl 7 would be so fun.

LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby LarkinVB » 16 Sep 2006, 12:56

I they fix the AI I will buy it. Otherwise I will get it.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Sep 2006, 16:22

Yess! Dwarves? I'm in

Yess Im in too, Im gonna buy it no doubt. Dwarves, Wolves and mead! :-D

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Sep 2006, 16:35

Yess! I will! :-D

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 16 Sep 2006, 19:14

no thanks, ill borrow it.

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 17 Sep 2006, 14:42

DaemianLucifer wrote:@urbanmonk&Mytical

Guys,please stop with the old comments.I dont want to be old at the age of 21. :devious: (and if someone mentiones the benders wormhole joke here,hes in for some :slap: )
Fine, but that means I was 23 when you were born :rofl: if you is 21, can't read the fine print you added lol my eyes not that good

Return to “Heroes V-VI”