Can't install patches

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
darmice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Can't install patches

Unread postby darmice » 14 Sep 2006, 21:53

I keep trying to install the patches but every time I do it tells me that Heroes V is not installed... Does anyone know the solution to my problem?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Sep 2006, 22:15

Try uninstalling reinstalling? And manual download may be only solution also :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

darmice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darmice » 14 Sep 2006, 22:31

I did do that, and it doesn't seem to help. I had the game running and it says that it isn't installed. I have tried everythign I can think of.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 14 Sep 2006, 23:01

Think this was the problem with 1.1 when people tried to install wrong version of the patch. Check what's your exact version of game before getting the patch.

Think you can check that by going to Start->Run->regedit

And there go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Ubisoft->Heroes of Might and Magic 5

darmice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darmice » 15 Sep 2006, 04:39

Ok what do I do to make it so it registers taht it is there then?

h4mx0r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby h4mx0r » 15 Sep 2006, 05:15

There are different versions. Mines is the EU CE. I tried installing a US one and it wouldn't detect. So I redownloaded the patch, but this time as the EU CE version.

Confusing? yes. I know.

darmice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darmice » 15 Sep 2006, 21:16

None of this has worked. Grr. I want my editor.

I have emailed nival and ubi and have gotten no response. It looks like I will have to wait for the expansion just to be able to better my game. Lame.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 15 Sep 2006, 21:49

Does the game have an entry in your system registry? Easiest way to check is by going to Add/Remove Programs and seeing if it's on there. If not, then you should definately reinstall.

Did you actually uninstall/reinstall or did you just see that it ran? I had problems patching the game too (I used the manual patch but it crashed at startup) but once I reinstalled it patched and worked just fine.

P.S. - are you using the autopatcher or downloading the patch? Autopatcher works best if you can get it to work.

Also, what version are you running? I recall hearing problems applying previous patches with a certain version that you bought online and then downloaded instead of buying it at a store with the box, CDs/DVD, etc.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Sep 2006, 00:17

Mine it shows European...so, that's why US ones weren't working? Well, I'll try downloading European version... ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 18 Sep 2006, 00:06

I get the same message, have the Collector's copy and downloaded
heroes_might_magic_5_us_101.exe from GameStop. When it didn't run from the main folder, I put all 3 patches in the Bin folder. I would really prefer not to have to uninstall/reinstall if not necessary.

Is there a different patch for the US Collector's Edition than for the regular US edition?

thanks.
B

Return to “Heroes V-VI”