Massive changes in resource demands! Different game now!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 17 Sep 2006, 15:04

Jolly Joker wrote:Did you play the demo?
I did.
And it didnt showed anything from my list, except for sys.req
There were no MP maps to test how works MP and unscripted AI. Also it didnt shed any light on number and sizes of maps.
But people received a lot of promises from nival. Mosly it was lies.

fercorwin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fercorwin » 17 Sep 2006, 15:31

pfffff, its a pity that a big part of the celestial heavens community is not able to stay on a topic.

We have a interesting topic ( ressources changes) and lot of people come into just to speack about things realy really not intresting.

I hoped that, with time, all disapointed and angry people will be gone, but...

So please create a post to cry about the bad nival, ubi etc but dont bother the intresting posts about changes on the game's mechanims.

Except if your main goal is to stop readers of this forum?

For me, i played about 40 games in aventure mode multiplayers and i played radom beacause i know i can win with any factions.

And this patch change mecanisms but dont chance this fact i will go on to play in random faction.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 17 Sep 2006, 15:34

If the resource changes are that unbearable why not just mod it however you like it, as long as its not hardcoded it shouldnt be that hard right? Feel free to bash the crap out of me for my ignorace if im wrong. One more thing thanks for not being bitter and wishing Disciples 3 luck.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Sep 2006, 15:46

I'll be playing it myself most likely.
Err, and I like the resource changes.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 17 Sep 2006, 17:49

And the last thing the game needed is an increase in rare resources requirements

.... because complexity brings boredom.. make all the dwellings only gold purchasable, let prohibit us to make any interressant gameplay decision between buying a guild mage or a new dwelling, or which dwelling, since it is not possible to buy them all.
Yeah, gimme some 1 ressource game! :mad:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2006, 18:01

Kilop wrote: .... because complexity brings boredom.. make all the dwellings only gold purchasable, let prohibit us to make any interressant gameplay decision between buying a guild mage or a new dwelling, or which dwelling, since it is not possible to buy them all.
Yeah, that's what i said. :rolleyes:

But you're right, lets make the game all about waiting a whole week to get enough resources to be able to chose between building A and B. Resource rich maps shouldn't be required to be able to get all the building in one town in a rapid fashion.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 17 Sep 2006, 18:04

.... soo the market is less important, and just make some ALL rush game, no possibility to get stuck for a hole month because of the lacking of rare ressource if i want to make a map so.
Let s be forced to rush, if TT like it, everybody does ...
One thing is certain, with increased ressources costs, thegame gains complexity, you can always add rare ressource mines on the map , the contrary is not true ...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Sep 2006, 18:15

Id prefer more resource demanding units then resource demanding buildings.For example,champions would require only gold,but paladins would require 1 ore and 1 wood.Shadow withches would be just gold,but matriarchs would be 1 crystal,etc.Though this would be much better with less tiers(5 would be ideal,imo),and optional dwellings(choose an expensive dwelling,but with weaker units that cost only gold,or a cheaper dwelling that produces stronger units,but those need other resources too).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Sep 2006, 18:26

Err, and I like the resource changes.
Yes, I see ;)
Hope they will be final and not rebalanced again in another patch, so waiting...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2006, 18:27

Kilop wrote:complexity, you can always add rare ressource mines on the map , the contrary is not true ...
I'm pretty sure you can make a mine free map if you wish.

And i belive that a map could have too many mines on it, and not leave room for much else. Moderation sounds better to me. I'd actualy like the # of creatures you get per week to be smaller too, with less of a difference between tiers 1 and 7.

I've never been a fan of the "make it expensive as hell" for balance needs. There are better ways.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Sep 2006, 18:59

ThunderTitan wrote: I've never been a fan of the "make it expensive as hell" for balance needs. There are better ways.
Expensive as heaven and hell toghether? :|

Nah,just the reduction of tiers would solve it.Or maybe making different number of tiers for different races(disciples style :devious: )

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2006, 19:47

DaemianLucifer wrote:Or maybe making different number of tiers for different races(disciples style :devious: )
That's only balanced by the XP req. Don't think i'd like it in HoMM.

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 17 Sep 2006, 20:55

Kilop wrote:
And the last thing the game needed is an increase in rare resources requirements

.... because complexity brings boredom.. make all the dwellings only gold purchasable, let prohibit us to make any interressant gameplay decision between buying a guild mage or a new dwelling, or which dwelling, since it is not possible to buy them all.
Age of Wonders games have it right--only 2 resources--Gold and Mana

which is logical, and allows for a more enjoyable gameplay and maps less clogged up with all kinds of mines(and by the way almost all tiles on the map can be walked on, not like in Heroes where half the map is inaccessable). Having so many resources is extremely frustrating.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 17 Sep 2006, 21:06

WinterIsComing wrote:wow what a joke especially when you admitted that you were at least a translator for this game(German was it?) Is that what Ubival is paying you to say these days? Get a clue and get lost, because everybody has figured you out and nobody cares what you say anymore.
I really appreciate his input - while your posts seems to be cleansed from anything constructive.

And why posting 4 seperate replies instead of gathering them into 1??
Having so many resources is extremely frustrating.
That's your opinion. I like the current system.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2006, 21:18

Paulus1 wrote:
Having so many resources is extremely frustrating.
Me too. And the reason mines clutter maps is because of the need of many units of each resources. That's why i prefer a scaling down.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Sep 2006, 21:18

WinterIsComing: I deleted the attacks you made on JJ. If I see one more such out of you, you're banned. Learn to behave.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 17 Sep 2006, 21:19

I really appreciate his input - while your posts seems to be cleansed from anything constructive.
that is your opinion.
that is because you haven't played better systems
And why posting 4 seperate replies instead of gathering them into 1??
who cares?

WinterIsComing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WinterIsComing » 17 Sep 2006, 21:23

Gaidal Cain wrote:WinterIsComing: I deleted the attacks you made on JJ. If I see one more such out of you, you're banned. Learn to behave.
go ahead ban me, but banning me won't change the fact that Jolly Joker and Sir Charles are paid to pimp this game and it won't change the fact that Nival sucks and that this game is very mediocre and disappointing.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Sep 2006, 21:25

WinterIsComing wrote: that is because you haven't played better systems
I did(and mind you,its not necessarilly better,its mostly different).And I think there is no problem with the number of resources at all.The problem is with their distribution and requirements.
WinterIsComing wrote: who cares?
Um,everyone that reads this?If you dont want to show respect to ubival,fine,they didnt deserve it.However the people here do deserve your respect.
WinterIsComing wrote: go ahead ban me, but banning me won't change the fact that Jolly Joker and Sir Charles are paid to pimp this game and it won't change the fact that Nival sucks and that this game is very mediocre and disappointing.
True,but it will decrease the number of rude people here by one.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 17 Sep 2006, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Sep 2006, 21:26

WinterIsComing wrote:won't change the fact that Jolly Joker and Sir Charles are paid to pimp this game and it won't change the fact that Nival sucks and that this game is very mediocre and disappointing.
Thank you for making the decision easy. Goodbye.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”