Massive changes in resource demands! Different game now!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Sep 2006, 11:41

Why not?Both civ and NWN do.I dont know about galciv,but there are lots of mods for it,and they are being supported as well.

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 22 Sep 2006, 11:45

The "moded" HOMM5 game will never be the main version of the game. No matter how perfect it will be still the original version of the game (with all the patches) will be the mostly played one.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 22 Sep 2006, 11:54

RaSmuShaDoW wrote:The "moded" HOMM5 game will never be the main version of the game. No matter how perfect it will be still the original version of the game (with all the patches) will be the mostly played one.
I think that once Nival is done with the expansions and patches that the modding community will have its gloryd days. Much like Equilibris and HOMM4. Equilibris made HOMM4 a really great game IMHO.

That is not at all to discourage modders now, but to say that the day will come when most folks do use mods and there will be certain standard mods that most folks use.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Naskoni
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Naskoni » 22 Sep 2006, 12:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:Why not?Both civ and NWN do.I dont know about galciv,but there are lots of mods for it,and they are being supported as well.
What I meant was that modders would, more often than not, just reverse the game to what it was before the patches that Nival releases, thus basically negating all they do to the game. I guess Nival won't be happy about that ;) Not that they support mods as it is anyway...

On a slightly different note - has anybody found that the AI has become somewhat stronger on higher difficulty now with all the 1.3 resource changes due it's (massive) cheating? By the time I get my Necropolis up and running I see almost all AI players coming my way with tier 6-7 creatures of respectable count and heroes 1.5-2.0xtimes my main hero's level and I'm not speaking about 1 month into the game here. I don't mind a challenge but it seems the AI's cheating combined with the resource changes just makes the game even worse in SP. Or is it just me?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Sep 2006, 00:14

I guess Nival won't be happy about that
I rather doubt they would actually care, one way or the other.

so long as game sales increase.

I think bioware quickly realized the sales value of encouraging 3rd party mod content.

as to whether bioware "cooperated" with the mod community...

:|

it took a LOT of effort to get any kind of open communication with them, and that only happened after some of the larger mod communities (like CEP) started to take off.

The only thing I would like to see from Nival is a complete table listed of which files go with which features.

I very much doubt that will happen.

very much more likely that the modders themselves will end up releasing this info in a guide which has yet to be developed.
has anybody found that the AI has become somewhat stronger on higher difficulty now with all the 1.3 resource changes due it's (massive) cheating
I find that the AI is a bit more agressive in the exploration phase, but haven't seen tremendous evidence of "cheating" per se.

you can monitor what the AI gets as far as resources are concerned, and what it decides to buy creature wise by opening the console after each turn.

I find at this point the AI is overall a better opponent, is much more likely to make "hit and run" strikes, and is much more agressive in moving its low level heroes across the map.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”