Editor Manual Question???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Editor Manual Question???

Unread postby addicted » 13 Sep 2006, 17:20

Why is the H-V Editor 'Manual' in 6 seperate files and in PDF format? Why couldn't they put these six files in 'one' manual? and why not put the manual in the Editor so it can be viewed from the editor?
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 13 Sep 2006, 17:43

You're talking about Nival here.... :P Don't expect them to do things that "make sense" and "are practical" :P

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 13 Sep 2006, 19:35

So you don't have to open 300+ page pdf every time you want to read up on a script call.

And pdf is standard format for pretty much any manual - it has the distinct advantage, that it's an open format.

quolo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby quolo » 13 Sep 2006, 20:37

This just has to be a stupid question, but in the manual, it says to go to Objects -> Towns -> Haven Town.

I don't see Objects in the menu bar. In fact, I can't find any objects to place. What am I missing?

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 13 Sep 2006, 22:44

Far right hand side. The tool-bar that runs along the left edge. There are tabs at the top of that tool bar:
"Objects" "Tiles" "Fills" "Regions" "Masks"
Now go to "Objects"
Select a "Player"
Select a filter for "objects"...artifacts, heroes, etc.

In order to see "player" and the object filters...you've got to start a new map or open a previously started one though.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 14 Sep 2006, 03:35

Why is the H-V Editor 'Manual' in 6 seperate files and in PDF format?
Okay, Gruffi, what format should they have used?

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 14 Sep 2006, 11:20

Sikon wrote:
Why is the H-V Editor 'Manual' in 6 seperate files and in PDF format?
Okay, Gruffi, what format should they have used?
Gruffi??? Who is that? Not me!!! :D
But to answer your question, PDF is fine! My thought is I would think they would have put all the files together with an 'index' and then all you have to do is type in the page number or word in the pdf 'search' to go straight to the item/page, etc. you are wanting. To me, manual means 'book' format, not single files! So to me Nivals so-called editor manual is actually 6 manuals, not one!. And so much for these manuals/help files implemented it into the editor to use directly from the editor! How hard would it have been for them to do that!!
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Sep 2006, 13:35

How big is each of them?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 14 Sep 2006, 14:57

Panda Tar wrote:How big is each of them?
Are you referring to how many pages or file size in the editor manuals?
if so, I will list them here.

1. Cheat Codes
1 page,
size = 15 KB
2. Editor Practical Guide
67 pages,
size = 5,538 KB
3. Editor Theory
1 page,
size = 1427 KB
4. Hero Level & Exp.
31 pages,
size = 26 KB
5. ID's for Scripts
18 pages,
size = 80 KB
6. Script Functions
72 pages,
size = 492 KB
Total pages = 190 pages.
Total size = 7588 KB

Return to “Heroes V-VI”