Patch 1.3 is out...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Patch 1.3 is out...

Unread postby evilp » 13 Sep 2006, 15:06

http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_magic_5/?M=D

:D :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Heroes of Might & Magic V
Patch version 1.3

August, 2006

Contents of Readme
==================

1. System Requirements
2. Installation
3. Changes in patch 1.3
4. Known issues
5. Troubleshooting
6. Technical Support
7. Legal information

1. System Requirements
======================

Minimum
-------

- CPU: Pentium 4 / Athlon 1.5 GHz or higher
- RAM: 512 MB or higher
- Video: 128 MB AGP GeForce4 Ti4200 / RADEON 8500 or higher video card
- CD/DVD-ROM speed: 32x
- Sound: DirectX compatible PCI 16-bit sound card

Recommended
-----------

- CPU: Pentium 4 / Athlon 2,4 GHz or higher
- RAM: 1024MB or higher
- Video: 256 MB AGP 8x GeForceFX 6600 / RADEON x800 or higher video card
- CD/DVD-ROM speed: 32x
- Dolby Surround 5.1 sound processor

2. Installation
===============

Please may sure that you installing a right patch for you game version.

1. Before installing Heroes of Might & Magic V patch 1.3 please close all other programs.

2. Run patch installation file.

3. Follow the instructions.

Upon installation you can run game either from windows start menu ('Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'Ubisoft' -> 'Heroes of Might and Magic V' -> 'Heroes
of Might and Magic V') or use 'Heroes.exe' file from the game installation directory (By default, the game will be installed into
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V").

Note:
Changes will not take effect if loading from the old save - Game restart will be needed.

Earlier game versions (1.0, 1.1 and 1.2) are not affecting the rating obtained on duel; only 1.3 game version is capable to generate rating.

The old scores from patch 1.2 are no longer relevant on patch 1.3 as the parameters on which the scores are calculated have been reconsidered and there are needed complete replays of campaigns for updated scores.

Ranking numbers are temporary excluded from the lobby player list and will be available later. For now, they can be accessed through the players profile.

3. Changes in patch 1.3
===============

(!) Some fixes will take effect only after map restart, if loading from an older version save.

Features added:

Map editor (you can find a shortcut to editor manual in start menu or you can find the manual directly in the "Heroes of Might and Magic V\Editor Documentation folder").

Duel:
- new 3 x 3 heroes duel format
- random heroes selection for duel
- hero and army information interface

New Mission Results menu

Hotkey 'ALT' to highlight all interactive objects (resources, monsters, buildings, etc.) at the adventure map

Hotkey 'CTRL' + '1,2,3...' to enter in castles

Four new multiplayer maps:
- “The School”
- “Allies”
- “Wind Rose”
- “No Man's Land”

Bugs repaired and alternations made:

Crashes and stability:
- the game no longer crashes when saved if there is not enough space on the HDD
- several bugs in the Ghost Mode repaired that made the game “freeze”

Maps:
- “The Land of Outcasts” map no longer has buildings that can’t be entered
- The “Rise to Power” map no longer has creatures that can’t be interacted with.

Corrected mistakes in the game mechanics:
- the Ghost can no longer see the number of creatures in the stack on the map if one of the player’s heroes’ Scouting is developed
- all the creatures can use their special abilities when affected by the Puppet Master spell
- the peasants’ Taxpayer ability works correctly when they are divided into stacks
- mistake corrected that, under certain conditions, allowed mini artifacts assembled for half price to be sold for full price
- the boat summon function of the Vessel of Shalassa spell now works correctly at bridges and certain shores
- the Remote Control perk corrected
- the Elementals now can appear in the Favored Enemy list
- the hero using the Angel’s Wings artifact can now be stopped by a mouse click
- when a hero goes through a portal or a whirlpool his path refreshes now
- AI player collects artifacts properly now

Changes of balance:
- damage inflicted by the Meteor Shower spell at Advanced and Expert levels decreased
- the Puppet Master spell now does not fall off when the hypnotized creature suffers damage; but each caster can have only one active Puppet Master
- the Fire Trap spell now sets mines in random locations not throughout the whole field but within a 5x5 tiles area selected by the player; in this area, the mines’ locations are still random
- more damage is now absorbed by the Arcane Armor spell
- the Phantom Forces spell now allows creating only one phantom for each group of creatures; the phantom has no activated abilities, and it has the same number of ammo as the original stack
- the Summon Creatures spell now spends 75% of the hero’s movement points (if the hero is short of movement points, the spell will be unavailable till the next turn)
- each use of the Raise Dead spell now makes a 20% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
- each use of the Resurrection spell now makes a 10% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
- the Master of Wrath perk now also affects the Word of Light, giving it +4 effective spellpower
- the Master of Pain perk now also affects the Curse of the Netherworld, giving it +4 effective spellpower
- the Ghosts/Spectres characteristics have been changed: these creatures now have more HP but inflict less damage
- the Cavalry Commander specialization now gives Jousting bonus not for each walked tile but for the final result dramatically decreasing the full damage
- the Iron Maden specialization: the Fireball spellpower now becomes 0+1 greater for each 5th level, not 1+1 for each 4th level
- the Swift Striker specialization: the ATB now shifts for 0.5% only for each level
- the Reanimator specialization: the Animate Dead spellpower now becomes +1 greater for each 5th level only
- the Poison Master specialization now works correctly
- Eruina duel presset: The army was weaken a little
- Lethos duel presset: Artifact "Four leaf clover" changed to “Tunic of the Carved Flesh”.
- the building costs in the towns have been balanced
- the mana cost of 3rd, 4th and 5th circles’ spells have increased
- skill "War Mashines" adds hit points to war machines now.
- catapult has unlimited ammunition now
- Warlock, Wizard and Necromant have one starting spell now.

Camera, graphics, interfaces
- the spells effects in combat are now accelerated together with the animations
- when a hero moves, the camera now follows him or her instead of remaining static
- the Knight does no longer disappear from the arena when using Retaliation against the Obsidian Gargoyles
- in the Haven town, part of the building’s texture does not disappear when a Town Hall or City Hall is being erected
- when switching to the Ghost Mode, the camera now focuses on the ghost
- the combat at the bridges now always takes part in a corresponding arena
- after defeating an enemy hero, the corresponding information of the gained trophies now appears
- some tooltips in the Duel Lobby interface have been corrected
- in the Duel interface, the heroes’ icons no longer block the information of their levels
- in the combat log, the text for the First Aid Tent has been corrected
- the text of several messages in the Ghost Mode has been corrected
- in a town without a visiting hero, the creatures’ expanded tooltips can now be viewed
- in combat, the walls and gates now have tooltips with their remaining HP
- information about another player in hot-seat turn passing is hidden now
- it is impossible to dismiss the creatures of allied hero now
- switching heroes in tavern and in the info screen now works correctly.
- allies now can see the parts of the map opened by seer’s hut or observatory
- additional corrections have been made in various texts

…and some more.

4. Known issues
===============

Switching off 'V-Sync' option in your video driver options may cause twitched animation in Town if you rotate camera manually.

Loading a save from another language version can cause fonts and textual problems in the interface.

5. Troubleshooting
==================

5.1 Outdated or incorrect video drivers may cause some issues. Before contacting support, please check you have the latest versions of video drivers and
correct DirectX 9.0c version for you system. Lastest version drivers you may take at:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp for nVIDIA graphics cards
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/def ... olderID=27 for ATI Technologies graphics cards

DirectX 9.0c version may be found on the game installation disc.

5.2 Also, before launching the game, make sure what no other programs are running.

5.3 The game does not support playing through http proxy. The player needs direct (real IP) or NATed (most intranets) internet connection. In case of
firewall the player needs to open the following ports:

6668 TCP (IRC servers(chat in lobby))
40000 to 42999 TCP (Various Ubi.com servers)
44000 UDP (CDKey servers)
45000 UDP (NAT server)
42500 UDP ( CDKey local port, can be configured by player through game config files, "setvar net_ubi_cdkey_port = <desired port>")

8888 UDP (The Game itself, can be configured by player through game config files, "setvar net_game_port = <desired port>")

6. Technical Support
====================

Before contacting Ubisoft Entertainment's Technical Support Department, please browse through our FAQ listings or search our support database at our
http://support.ubi.com.
Here you will find the most recently updated information since the games release.

Also please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements,
as our support representatives will be unable to assist customers whose
computers do not meet these criteria.

Whenever you contact the Technical Support Department, please include the
following information or have it available if you are calling:

-Complete product title (including version number)
-Exact error message reported (if applicable) and a brief description of the
problem you're encountering
-Processor speed and manufacturer
-Amount of RAM
-Operating system
-Video card that you are using and amount of RAM it has
-Maker and speed of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
-Type of sound card you are using

Contact Us Over the Internet
This is the best way to contact us. Our website is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week and it contains the most up to date Technical Support information available
including patches that can be downloaded free of charge. We update the Support
pages on a daily basis so please check here first for solutions to your problems
http://support.ubi.com/.

Contact Us by E-mail
For fastest response via e-mail, please visit our website at:

http://support.ubi.com/

7. Legal Information
====================

Copyright Information
---------------------
This software product and the manual are copyrighted and all rights are reserved by Ubisoft and Nival Interactive and are protected by the copyright laws
that pertain to computer software. You may copy this software for back-up and casual distribution.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer or
derive source code from all or any portion of the software or anything incorporated therein, permit, or encourage any third party to do so.

Heroes of Might and Magic is a registered trademark of Ubisoft. Pentium, Microsoft Windows, Athlon, GeForce, Radeon, SoundBlaster, DirectX are trademarks
of their respective owners.

Limitations of Warranty
-----------------------
Nival Interactive and Ubisoft expressly disclaim any warranty for the game and Readme file.
The program and Readme file are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Program and Readme file remains with the User.

Limitations of Liability
------------------------
Neither Nival Interactive nor Ubisoft, or their parent, subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable in any way for loss or damage of any kind resulting
from the use of the program.
Last edited by evilp on 13 Sep 2006, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 13 Sep 2006, 15:09

Autopatcher works nice as well.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 13 Sep 2006, 15:56

I wonder if this is all that was changed...I wonder what undocumented changes there were :(

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 13 Sep 2006, 16:24

Well, a long time ago in a galaxy far away I USED to hear about some balance changes HELPING the infernal faction. I can see NOW what the changes are... :mad: Good job, Nival! One down, not much more to go :devil: .

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 13 Sep 2006, 16:32

BigBadPig wrote:Well, a long time ago in a galaxy far away I USED to hear about some balance changes HELPING the infernal faction. I can see NOW what the changes are... :mad: Good job, Nival! One down, not much more to go :devil: .
What changes were made to Inferno? (unless it's the building cost one)

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 13 Sep 2006, 16:49

- damage inflicted by the Meteor Shower spell at Advanced and Expert levels decreased
- the Iron Maden specialization: the Fireball spellpower now becomes 0+1 greater for each 5th level, not 1+1 for each 4th level
If this is not enough to bring the faction down completely, then I fail to understand, how can anyone win with it now. They nerfed the almost only hero of the faction who is worth mentioning, and also the "trade mark" of the pit lords - the Meteor Shower.
But no worries, I see that the Necromancers got hit also... :devil:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Sep 2006, 16:59

Pit lords aren't so useful anyways, it's only one meteor shower. I'd like to think there are more strategies available than using deleb.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 13 Sep 2006, 17:06

I would very much like to think so too, however, I can see none. Every other tactics is bound if not to fail, then to lead to so much casualties (of the troops, I mean, though it sure is a subject to debate :devil: ), that the outcome almost equates to failure.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 13 Sep 2006, 21:06

Does anybody know when mods will be updated for 1.3? My mods have inevitably stopped working again.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Sep 2006, 21:14

i can t get my game for the moment ... what about the new prices ???

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Sep 2006, 22:19

I don't understand why they diminished the power of raise dead and resurrection. Why not just raise the mana cost instead of reducing the health of the creature stack?
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 22:34

I dont know about resurrection,but no matter the cost f raise dead,with mark of the necro you can cast it infinite times.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Sep 2006, 23:11

The Necromancers shouldn't be punished for having a great spell at their disposal. I think it's a fair trade for being stuck with zombies and shadow dragons.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 13 Sep 2006, 23:27

I have to disagree about it being a fair trade, imho no spell makes up for 2 or 3 bad units. However i have to say fire trap is now fun to play with.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Sep 2006, 01:18

maybe, but now i am really worried about my fav faction inferno!!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

J_C_Denton1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby J_C_Denton1 » 14 Sep 2006, 01:58

Can they make the patch smaller? Its reaaly a pain to download 50MB with a dial-up here. :(
And with all these 3 patches already they count up to 150 MB! :disagree:

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 14 Sep 2006, 03:33

The hightlight-stuff-with-Alt-feature is pretty cool ^^ B-)

Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hambone » 14 Sep 2006, 04:28

will i ever be able to attack a castle gate directly with my creature stacks?

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Sep 2006, 05:15

i doubt it, it is a feature of the game, and that's the catapults job
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

darmice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bug?

Unread postby darmice » 14 Sep 2006, 09:53

My cousin and I have been trying to install the patch, but everytime I try to install it tells me that Heroes V isn't installed. I just played it , so I'm sure it is installed.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”