Which army without heroes prevails ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

So which army would be the strongest overall without heroes?

Haven
40%
Necropolis ... erf had to put them anyway
4%
Academy
4%
Inferno
20%
Dungeon
32%

Total votes: 25

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 01:53

The best way,imo,would be to do 10 battles with quick combat,then 10 with autocombat,and then 10 controled by player.Of course,those battles would need to be on 10 separate days,because if you do a million autocombats from one autosave youll get million exactly same results.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 02:07

that might do it DL, but there could still be some bias, but would be better than having one player control the forces IMO
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 13 Sep 2006, 02:17

how about autocombats, but with commentary from the human observer?

something like:

"yeah, academy consistently beat dungeon, but the AI had the assasins shooting mostly at the iron golems."

that kind of thing?

that would also establish consistent weaknesses in the AI that could be addressed at some point as well.

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 13 Sep 2006, 02:58

Well, you're basically looking at Duel Mode that's already there, but taking out the L15 heros. It would be nice if they had a point buy system for Duel mode to build your own armies/heros up.

Anyway, I chose Sylvan, because they're probably the hardest to kill without magical intervention. No one has basic units that are good against 2 ranged types, magic types, nice skills, nice defense, etc.. I think Inferno would stand a good chance against them, but still lose out by a bit with experienced players.

They put in a basic rock-paper-scissors idea, though it doesn't work strictly that way in the game:

Sylvan -> Dungeon -> Haven -> Inferno -> Sylvan.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 03:08

Well have the editor soo,so I guess it wont be hard to pit six one month armies with no morale and chek the outcome ourselves.

telepatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby telepatic » 13 Sep 2006, 06:44

Definetly SYLVAN...hunters,druids and ancient treant rush all living in combat :beheading:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 20:04

So,now that editor is out,is anyone willing to do the test?Id do it myself,but Im not going to instal the patch untill it has been tested by the fans.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 14 Sep 2006, 04:02

I'm too busy testing out the patch and trying to update the mods for CH this week.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 14 Sep 2006, 19:59

Haven rocks! I love the angels. :devil:

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 15 Sep 2006, 19:26

I can't see a Sylvan army with hunters, druids and treants getting beaten; however it will likely be the treants that will make the difference between the armies after the third round, as every single reasonable enemy of the elves will slaughter hunters and druids first. Treants with rooting is one hell of a tough nut..

Return to “Heroes V-VI”