I must confess...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

I must confess...

Unread postby Queen Hera » 11 Sep 2006, 11:13

I hated Heroes V when I first started playing. It seemed to be the hardest of all the series to warm up to, but now I'm back to the late nights, poor eating habits, poor sleeping patterns & reduced social interactions to play the game. I just love it now!!!!!! :hoo:

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 11 Sep 2006, 12:59

Hurey!!! Congratulations about your desision! HOMM5 is a realy good game - I will play it for a year minimum.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: I must confess...

Unread postby Metathron » 11 Sep 2006, 17:00

Queen Hera wrote:I hated Heroes V when I first started playing. It seemed to be the hardest of all the series to warm up to, but now I'm back to the late nights, poor eating habits, poor sleeping patterns & reduced social interactions to play the game. I just love it now!!!!!! :hoo:
I haven't touched HoMM V in 2 months. I hope I do come back to the game some day, like you have, and discover it has more appeal than I thought initially.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 11 Sep 2006, 19:05

It has the potential to be the best game of the Heroes series...It hasn't drawn me in as well as the other games did. But I'm still hoping that it will in the future..

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 12 Sep 2006, 05:09

yes, h5 has potential.... and once the modders and mapmakers can really get their claws into it, it might become the best of the series to date.

I felt h3 and h4 were decent right out of the box, though (patched), and the mod content and user maps simply added a whole new dimension.

I didn't feel that way with h5. It feels a bit rough around the edges, and needs quite a bit of polish from the modders.

It's the first one of the series that I felt would only be truly good AFTER the modders and mapmakers have their way with it.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 12 Sep 2006, 15:46

Sir_Toejam wrote:It's the first one of the series that I felt would only be truly good AFTER the modders and mapmakers have their way with it.
I have to agree with that. Even though I enjoyed H3 right out of the box and the expansions campaigns, it was user made maps which kept me playing it for over a year or more.

I'm waiting for user made maps, then we'll be able to really evaluate H5 potential.
Morior, ergo sum

Saurus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: I must confess...

Unread postby Saurus » 14 Sep 2006, 07:10

Queen Hera wrote:I hated Heroes V when I first started playing. It seemed to be the hardest of all the series to warm up to, but now I'm back to the late nights, poor eating habits, poor sleeping patterns & reduced social interactions to play the game. I just love it now!!!!!! :hoo:
I yet have to find that "spirit".
Though I normaly only play maps I have made myself with the editor.
Since the editor was released only yesterday, I really have yet to see if I somehow can make the game truly enjoyable.

Braxen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Braxen » 14 Sep 2006, 09:45

I´m complete blown away by Homm5.

Haven´t experienced a 20th of all the reported bugs, so that hasn´t "bugged" (haha) me.

With the latest patch it just gets even better. I´ve played the first campaign through (on hard), but now mostly play hotseat and online battles.

Love it! I do think that they´ve capture the true Homm feeling...but that´s just my opinion.

Look pretty on a xp4000+ & 7800gtx SLI :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Sep 2006, 13:25

Lady Farquad wrote:I'm waiting for user made maps, then we'll be able to really evaluate H5 potential.
I'd rather prefer Random Map Generator. Not complaining about User's maps, but I really like simple stuff to kill time. Someday I'll try their maps, when I won't bother having to read many stuff and do many sub-quests. But I believe, somehow, that in Heroes V, user's maps will be deluxe. ;)

Ururam Tururam's one or other. Always saw his signature 'uploading' something, but never tried them. So, when he gets to edit a map, I'll try it.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Raven-sb
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raven-sb » 14 Sep 2006, 14:58

I have to confess that when the game was first released I wasn't very impressed. However now, after patch 1.3, I am finding it very enjoyable. Kinda makes you wonder how things would have been if the dev's waited until now to release the game.

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 14 Sep 2006, 15:49

I agree. And with the map editor out now, I think the game will really take on a lasting appeal.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Sep 2006, 15:55

Well, I decided to come back to the game. Because the almost omnipresent underground terrain made the gameplay very dull and at times unbearable for me, I used the cheats to skip the remaining scenarios of the Dungeon campaign and embark upon the Sylvan campaign. Though the atmosphere of the first scenario was very enjoyable, I was yet again reminded of how poorly constructed these campaigns are. I lost one of the outposts and the game told me I had to retake it. Right after that, another outpost got taken by the enemy and I merely received a message that I failed the scenario. And all this on easy difficulty! Appalling.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”