Questions from a HOMMV beginner...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jay » 12 Sep 2006, 21:31

Yeah, I was trying to split a stack. I've pretty much wrapped my mind around the fact that as upgraded as the graphics and the interface is, this is in effect Heroes III. I just liked the convenience of being able to drag-and-drop and then have a window pop open which offered me a clear way in which to split the troops up. Little things, y'know? And though I know that there's a thread for this, does anyone know for certain if the first expansion will offer caravans?

Anyway guys, thanks for all the help. Left to my own devices, I would've gotten very irritated with this game. And I'm sorry if I seem like a novice. You guys are probably playing online with each other and 23rd level heroes on the next-to-impossible difficulty level...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2006, 22:31

The only way to know for sure what the exp will bring is to wait for it to come out. Saves alot of effort.

And some of us don't even play online, so don't worry too much about it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 12 Sep 2006, 22:44

Jay wrote:And though I know that there's a thread for this, does anyone know for certain if the first expansion will offer caravans?
Well, as certain as I can be without working for Ubival :D

Fabrice said this in the announcement post at Ubi forum
We'll also pack the caravans in the addon due to popular demand

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2006, 22:50

Paulus1 wrote:
We'll also pack the caravans in the addon due to popular demand
Oh, but he didn't say in which addon. Great at marketing is he, always leaving himself a way out.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 12 Sep 2006, 23:29

Since it's in the same post announcing the addon, any fair reading would suggest that caravans will be included now.

you are just splitting hairs here. Besides, there has been no official word that a second expansion will be released at all.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2006, 23:33

I'm just noticing that when and if that happens he can easily weasel his way out of it. And i'm poking fun at things i saw in certain post about what Fabrice did and did not promise.

Remember them "simultanous turns"?

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 12 Sep 2006, 23:44

your mention of "simultanous turns" just reminded me of Microsofts original announcement of Vista/Longhorn :D

seriously, while Ubival definitely could have handled things better - eg. by clearing up misunderstandings about features before the actual release - I haven't seen any blatant misinformation on their part, except about the two "new" maps.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Sep 2006, 00:00

No, you're right, it was always "either now or in the first exp" or sht like that. But lets not rule anything out, shall we...

Jay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jay » 14 Sep 2006, 01:24

Okay, this is a computer related question; with an AMD Athlon 3800+ processor and 1024 of SDRAM, is there any way anyone can think of that would allow me to speed up the animation and gameplay of the adventure maps? I know it gets worse the more you mess with the 360 toggle, but damn, it slows to the point of annoyance sometimes. The town interface is jus fine, just the usually enjoyable aspect of tromping around a map rich in artifacts has become somewhat taxing.

Oh, and as far as the expansion is concerned, does anyone have even a tentative date on its inevitable release? Towards the holidays I can assume?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 14:06

a tentative date
Around the Christmas season we're told.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 14 Sep 2006, 15:45

[maybe stupid]Question: Is there anything I can do with the hoard of useless artifacts that I gather and they just stay in my main hero's backpack because I already have better ones?
Can I sell them, sacrifice them or something?

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 14 Sep 2006, 17:17

okrane wrote:[maybe stupid]Question: Is there anything I can do with the hoard of useless artifacts that I gather and they just stay in my main hero's backpack because I already have better ones?
Can I sell them, sacrifice them or something?
The only thing you can do is share them with your secondary heros.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 15 Sep 2006, 19:59

Jay wrote:I know it gets worse the more you mess with the 360 toggle, but damn, it slows to the point of annoyance sometimes.
well, as long as you dont move the camera down everything should be fine. the only reason it should be slowing down is if you move down so that you see farther away. as long as you keep the camera in as much of a vertical position as you can, it should be good.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”