Something which needs patching with the expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you think jousting ability of cavaliers/paladins should be nerfed

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 21

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Something which needs patching with the expansion

Unread postby Cyrox » 05 Sep 2006, 12:58

I think the jousting ability are way too overpowered.

I think Nival should set a limit to the jousting bonus just like the ability of the grim riders/raiders.

Grim riders/raiders decrease defence to 0 at maximum.

Maybe jousting bonus should be like for each square travelled, damaged increased by *%, up to a certain %, like 100%.

Agree?

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 05 Sep 2006, 14:00

IMHO I like em as they are. Useful on my side, and a challenge against me. They do go down, and I am pleased to see the last one go when against me, Vicious things.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 14:03

The pally's go great with the Archangles and may be the best 6/7 combo out there (debatably). I don't know if they are the best 6th tier, but haven is a little more might then most of the other towns right now (just a hair). If you lower there specials, I firmly believe you would have to lower every other 6th tier accross the board. That is just my humble opinon. Instead of lowering this, raise the bar for tier 7's and be done with it! :jester:
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 05 Sep 2006, 14:03

Maybe it should be nerfed but just by a little... Id better like to see Klaus' jousting bonus nerfed.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 14:32

I think cavaliers got nerfed a bit in v1.2

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Sep 2006, 14:49

I think DL might be right. Anyone care to comment on how effective the nerf was?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 05 Sep 2006, 21:04

ThunderTitan wrote:I think DL might be right. Anyone care to comment on how effective the nerf was?
The nerf was effective, however with the hero Klaus the nerf essentially did nothing.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 05 Sep 2006, 21:24

The jousting adjustment is already in patch 1.3 (not sure if there was any adjustment in 1.2 though). No worries. I believe it's down to 5%. I'd have to check to make sure though. But regardless, it did get addressed.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Sep 2006, 21:29

Now all they need to do is nerf Klaus.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 05 Sep 2006, 21:31

I would think that would happen automatically once they nerf the paladins. You think he needs an additional nerf besides the paly one?

Maybe instead of a jousting bonus, just do an increase to stats for paly's for Klaus.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 21:34

Yes he does.There is a table that shows how the nerf affects klaus,and it seems that they still get a mighty boost to damage,even with the 5% per tile.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Sep 2006, 21:36

As i understood it Klaus' bonus isn't dependant on the Pally's one.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 21:51

Here are the charts for 1.1 and 1.2 paladins under klaus.Not a big difference.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 05 Sep 2006, 22:16

Well, if there's a change to Klaus in the 1.3 patch, I'm not aware of it. But I haven't seen the entire read me...so it's still possible it's in there.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 01:53

good to see there is a nerf in 1.3 sir charles, but yeah, as mentioned, Klaus is still a god with paladins .... hopefully that will be looked at as well
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 06 Sep 2006, 02:07

stefan.urlus wrote:good to see there is a nerf in 1.3 sir charles, but yeah, as mentioned, Klaus is still a god with paladins .... hopefully that will be looked at as well
I don't see how it's a good thing for another nerf in 1.3. 5% is lowest they should go.

Maybe even that 10% in previous versions was fine, but damn Klaus should've been majorly downgraded. And if Nival doesn't see this for 1.3, they are just clueless.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 02:17

My comment about the nerf for paladins was in regards to Sir Charles post which insinuated that they went down to 5% in 1.3
The jousting adjustment is already in patch 1.3 (not sure if there was any adjustment in 1.2 though). No worries. I believe it's down to 5%. I'd have to check to make sure though. But regardless, it did get addressed.
if they get nerfed beyond that, then i agree that is too much, i am happy with 5%
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 06 Sep 2006, 02:20

Ah, cool.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Sep 2006, 03:14

They are fine at 5%,but klaus is the one that needs nerfing now(along with few other uberheroes,like vlad which will get a nerf when RD becomes weaker).

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 06 Sep 2006, 04:10

Honestly I would of prefered to see cavaliers/paladins have their dmg downgraded to 15-25 from 20-30 rather than a jousting nerf to make them a little more specialized tier 6. As for Klaus he needs a hardcore nerf. Making him provide a 2% bonus with .5% per tile bonus every level thereafter would probably be good enough. A level 20 klaus could still more than double the dmg of his knights charges.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”