WTF. Major Bug with Blood Maidens read this

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WTF. Major Bug with Blood Maidens read this

Unread postby Sathasarus » 04 Sep 2006, 23:35

Yah I was playing that Dragon Pass map on heroic with necros and was doing ok until this dungeon hero came and their blood maidens that have the strike n return started first ran all the way across the map, killed 3 of my wraiths then STAYED THERE w/o returning. Their next move they ran a few steps and HIT someone else then returned to their spot...

WHY THE HELL ON THE FIRST MOVE did they not return to their starting spot .... i think i know why, cause then it would be impossible for them to also block my archers to whom I accidently started on the front lines.................. WTF????

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Sep 2006, 23:44

It's no bug. the AI just knows something you didn't:

hold down the ctrl key when you attack, and the unit will move to the space and attack.

you can use this with any unit. if you use it with a ranged unit, they will move to a position adjacent to the enemy and use a melee attack instead.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 04 Sep 2006, 23:56

Just looks like you got outsmarted by the AI ;|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 01:09

The effects of great game info and excelent UI.Btw,ctrl doesnt work before v1.2 for furries,just for archers.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 02:24

yep, the documentation is just amazing for this stuff, i always wondered why the ai does this, but i can see some benefits to it (in limited situations since the fury/maiden is a bit on the weak side when defending)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

strat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby strat » 05 Sep 2006, 05:41

I've noticed that too, but it almost always occurs in the center of my defenses. Since I usually keep ranged units in the corners, it doesn't bother me too much. When playing a dungeon hero, I've noticed the AI tends to target furies/maidens early and often.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 06:07

yep .... the ai is not normally too smart about this "tactic"
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”