I looked for answer in forum BUT....

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dfrosty1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I looked for answer in forum BUT....

Unread postby dfrosty1 » 04 Sep 2006, 12:38

I don't navigate forums very well (newbe alert)...

How can I tell which creature buildings I have already visited in the week? Not the ones in the Cities but the creature building in the Land. I keep visiting the same building over again in the week only to find no creatures. Is there any way to flag or click them to tell "you have already visited this dwelling"?

I bought the game the 1st week it came out, but only played about 6 hours. Once I saw myself going around in circles to get creature from places I'd been I quickly grew frustrated.

I guess you could map a matix and keep track, but I would rather play than keep logs.

DF1

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Sep 2006, 12:47

Sorry,but dwellings wont show you if youve visited them or not.They do respawn new creatures each week.So a good way to use them is to buy a new hero and use him to get the creauters from dwellings youve flagged.Meanwhile,your main hero should go conquering,and you can give him that army later when it amasses a bit.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 04 Sep 2006, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Sep 2006, 12:47

Neutral dwellings (the ones that are not in town) are re-filled at the beginning of each week. Visiting a dwelling on day 7 of a week is therefore a good idea, because then you can just wait outside the dwelling one day, until day 1 of the next week, and get that week's growth as well.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 04 Sep 2006, 13:13

DaemianLucifer wrote:Sorry,but dwellings wont show you if youve visited them or not.
Are you sure that it is the case for every version? I do not have any mod, but only 1.2 patch and I remember like it always says on flagged dwellings "x out of y creatures left". Could double check later, maybe i have been dreaming too much...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 04 Sep 2006, 13:36

Pitsu is right. In version 1.2 it does say 8 0f 8 creatures left or 0 of 10 creatures left when you right click on the dwelling.

dfrosty1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dfrosty1 » 04 Sep 2006, 15:25

So it sounds like what I am looking for is in the 1.2 patch. Simply knowing if creatures are in there without sending a hero to run across the map to check.

Thanks for your replies, I will install 1.2 patch and see what happens.

DF1

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 04 Sep 2006, 21:30

I know this might be a little late, but if you're playing mostly the campaign, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to 1.2. There's been alot of mention about the AI getting locked in 1.2, though I haven't had it happen to me. Still something to be aware of.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Sep 2006, 23:38

the only time the ai locked for me was during the last mission of the elf campaign. AFAICT, this seems to be the case for most that reported the ai turn locking.

if an ai turn lock happens, there are ways around it.

overall, the improvements in 1.2 outweigh the negatives IMO.

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sathasarus » 04 Sep 2006, 23:39

u right click on them and it shows x of y.. i.e. there are 0 archers of 12 left...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 02:25

cool - a benefit of 1.2 ... maybe i will install it ....
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 05 Sep 2006, 21:46

Not worth it.
I never had problems keeping track of where I've been the past few days.
Morior, ergo sum

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 01:43

Well, neither have I :D except in very rare cases, but it is nice to know that 1.2 added some benefits as well as "bugs" or bad changes :D

i still think i'll wait for 1.3 to present before patching to 1.2
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”