New spells

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

New spells

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 07:46

Ok by now you all know I am a bit odd and I like to challenge people to come up with new things that would improve/make the game more interesting. So here is another challenge to all you would be Devs out there. Come up with some new spells...

Include : Type of spell (Destructive, Summons, ect or a new 'type' of your own creating). 'Circle' of the spell - try to balance it with the strength of the spell but don't limit yourself to only the 5 circles in the game if you have a really powerful one make it 10th circle if it would balance it more. Spell cost- like the level of the spell, cost should be complimentary to the spell. (A spell that damages all enemy units, doesn't hurt friendly units, and is unresistable should not cost 3 mana!). Special cost - does it cost something more then mana (Like the new proposed Ressurrect/Raise dead), if so what?

Oh almost forgot, description of the spell would be helpful too :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 03 Sep 2006, 09:29

just a thought; you might want to try this thread out in the modcrafting guild forum.

it's been pretty slow of late and some new threads would be welcome there, i think.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 20:38

Here's a spell: Cat Reflexes - gives an extra attack. What do you guys thing? If you like it i know more.... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 21:30

Good start :). I like the cat reflex myself.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 21:34

How about quicksand?That one is mighty fine.If youre allowed to draw it yourself,that is.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 21:35

Now that was a great spell IMHO, but I agree the graphics were bleh.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Sep 2006, 21:38

ThunderTitan wrote:Here's a spell: Cat Reflexes - gives an extra attack. What do you guys thing? If you like it i know more.... :devil:
Not with that name (and never with tha glyph they've made it up on Heroes IV) :devious:

They could bring 'bloodlust' to this effect, or maybe Frenzy. Or something simpler: "Heavenly Double Hit Enchantment of the Holy Blasting Attack". :proud:

About spells, they could 'fix' the land mine one. I don't think the stack should continue moving after being affected by it. It could stop moving or acting. The critter just blows up and keeps going on. That's so strange for me.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 03 Sep 2006, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Sep 2006, 21:39

Oh yeah! I used Cat Reflexes & Quicksand all the time (whenever I get them). Another good one is Forgetfulness … and of course, Guardian Angel & Dragon Strength. Some of my favorites. :)

With so many Dragons in Heroes V, I don't understand why Drangon Strength wasn't in the game from the beginning. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Sep 2006, 21:42

HodgePodge wrote:Oh yeah! I used Cat Reflexes & Quicksand all the time (whenever I get them). Another good one is Forgetfulness … and of course, Guardian Angel & Dragon Strength. Some of my favorites. :)
Oh, yeah. Guardian Angel was one of the hell good stuff when casting on high tier units, such as Megadragons. Using it on treants could be annoying to opponents too, since those beasts are always the last ones when I'm attacking an opponent. They are always so annoying.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 21:43

"Feline nervous system" :devious:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Sep 2006, 21:52

DaemianLucifer wrote:"Feline nervous system" :devious:
"Having the fit"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 22:26

I lliked Cat Reflexes as a name.... Snake Strike too.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 03 Sep 2006, 22:40

combat
precision (increases archer attack)
counterstrike
shield (reduces damage by 15-30%)
quicksand
force field
sorrow (lowers morale)
misfortune (lowers luck)
fire shield (a real one, like the efreets in h3)
slayer (if the tier 7 should get more powerfull, else it isn't usefull)
mirth (increases morale)
prayer (increases attack, defense, speed/initiative)

mass effects can be applied to some spells. (at higher levels of ... magic or with an ability)

adventure map
visions
view air
view earth
water walk
fly
disguise

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 22:59

stijn wrote: prayer (increases attack, defense, speed/initiative)
We already have this,though its called benediction.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 23:28

Thunder Cage - Destruction, probably circle 5 - mana about = to armeggedon. Creates a 'cage' of electricity of electricity in the squares arround the unit. Any unit passing through those squares, or landing on them, recieve damage each turn. The damage is average but does not stun even if you have master of storms (else it would be like sylvan mote with little possibility of escaping) this has 2 functions. Protecting a range unit, or trapping a enemy unit (though they can pass through they would take damage). Note : even friendly units passing through take the damage.

Champion's Cause - Light, about circl 4. Mana about 10 target 2 creatures...the first you target will 'protect' the second and absorb some of the damage that the first takes (depending on spellpower, skill, ect). Units MUST be adjacent, and range attacks are immune to this. Stacks well with Champion's Revenge.

Champion's Revenge - Light, about circle 5 - mana 14 also target 2 creatures. The 2nd target will attack any creature that attacks the 1st if able to do so (don't need to be adjacent but need to be able to 'reach' the enemy without moving). This does not count as there normal attack and damage is dependant on (spellpower, skill, ect).

Dread of Night - Dark, probably circle 4 - mana 10. Target stack gains a % chance to invoke fear on any non (undead, elemental, dungeon, or infernal) unit. Percent chance is base 3, 5, 7 % (based on skill) plus 1, 2, or 3% per Spellpower.

Shadow Forces - Summons, 1 circle higher then Phantom Forces. Mana about 25% more then Phantom Forces. Exactly like PF but instead of 1 hp they have 25% of the hp of the original units. Can only target maximum of level 5 units and skill determines which (basic 1-2, advance 3-4, expert 5). Can be 'cleansed' and this will destroy them if successful.

Call from the grave - Dark would probably be about 6th circle to be honest mana about 25 Calls back any units that have died in battle for exactly 1turn/5 spellpower. After this they return to the grave and take 1/4th the remaining units they were called back to (Death will have it's toll). Unless necromantic units they are not considered undead.

Charging - destructive circle 5 without a doubt. Mana no clue, and would probably take some resources to balance it out. Target unit looses 2 'turns' but starts 'charging up'. 1st turn they gain a 'fire shield' effect, 2nd turn they gain both Ice breath (chance to freeze units in place) and endurance) which also can be used during retaliations. The very next 'turn' along with all the other benifits they get a lightning bolt that does there hp in damage to a target unit. Mostly useful for those slow units that can't get into the fray quick and have no ranged attacks or magic. The effects last for another 3 rounds, and all spellpower does is determain strength (same for skill).

More will follow.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Sep 2006, 00:26

I'd like Force Field to be a adventure spell. You could block a path or an area for 2 or 3 days (1 day to perform). The counterspell, of course, could last 1 or 2 days to perform and the double of spell points.

If it kept being battle spell, a high level one, to block anything on that target, but hero turn would take real time to return, plus this spell having not so much time of duration.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Sep 2006, 01:52

Call of the grave little too powerful, maybe 1 turn return would balance it.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”