Renegade units in Addon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 02 Sep 2006, 11:17

they were founded by humans who didn't want to convert to, uh, Elrathism, and therefore ran to the east

edit: http://www.the-genies-lamp.com/heroes_5 ... elease.htm have a look at the brute (what they say is the squire upgrade) - he's got a horned helmet! So it's a new model, not reskin of the Knihgt...

Wiedźmin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wiedźmin » 02 Sep 2006, 11:38

[quote="Tysar"]so now we know they are not the men of Free Cities for sure. In that case, I wonder what's the story behind those guys... sounds pretty cool. Also, I'm wondering whether their uniforms have anything to do with Nival's opinion about Poland :D

and what do u think is Nival's opinion about Poland? is it about that the renegades r bad? :d

the dwarf"s faction should have less dwarves...it schould chave more monster-like creatures....wolfs or trolls for ex

ramparter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ramparter » 02 Sep 2006, 11:40

I don't see why this feature is unfair for the other towns. It's an alternative not an enchased "route". And you cannot judge its power just from the abilities, there are also stats.
What I'm trying to say is that if the alternative upgrades are pretty much equally powered to the original upgrades then Haven won't be overpowered. It will just give the player an alternative way to play.

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 02 Sep 2006, 11:43

yes, an alternative way to play, but only for a Haven player

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 02 Sep 2006, 12:09

They should put it in, but Heaven needs to choose will they be good or evil when they make first upgraded dweling. This way, there will ba a balance betewen factions:

GOOD:
Wiazrds
Wood Elves
Dwarves

EVIL
Demons
Unded
Dark Elves

NEUTRAL (dependant, both)
Haven
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 02 Sep 2006, 12:20

yes, an alternative way to play, but only for a Haven player
So if you can play with one better against certain enemies, and the other better against different enemies, you'll be better prepared to fight whoever you're up against.

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 02 Sep 2006, 12:28

what?

And there doesn't necessarily need to be a balance between good and evil. Besides, Demons and Necro are actually the only evil-evil factions around.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Sep 2006, 13:11

DaemianLucifer wrote:And,like I said,we will have two heavens now.One corrupted by markal,and the rebel one fighting him(starwars anyone?).
I have the feeling that the new haven has been corrupted by Isabel instead, and that the "normal" ones are those that fled into the elven lands. Isabel was clearly up to no good last time we saw her...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 02 Sep 2006, 13:27

Markal has nothing to do with it.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 02 Sep 2006, 14:29

well, why dont you just ruin the entire storyline for us JJ? ffs, if you keep up telling people "no thats wrong" eventually theyre going to get it right and just spoil the storyline, leave us to speculate.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 14:45

Of course markal has everything to do about it,even if not directly.He is the one that corrupted isabel(well,sort of.She was a bitch before,he just gave her a nudge in the right direction :devil: )

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Sep 2006, 14:57

Let me announce a new faction derived from Sylvan: behold the Naughty Elfs

Level 1: Nymphos (Charm)
Level 2: Topless Dancers (Generate Gold)
Level 3: Milf Hunters (Long Shot)
Level 4: Horny Druids (Illegal Touching)
Level 5: Vulgar Unicorns (Mass Blind)
Level 6: Degenerate Treants (Bondage)
Level 7: Faerie Dragons (Spread Disease)

Coming soon... Naughty Elf heroes!
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 02 Sep 2006, 15:02

Paradox wrote:well, why dont you just ruin the entire storyline for us JJ? ffs, if you keep up telling people "no thats wrong" eventually theyre going to get it right and just spoil the storyline, leave us to speculate.
Strange, that you of all people start getting second thoughts of disclosing things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 15:03

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

But dont we already have naughty elves that emerged from the sylvans?

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 02 Sep 2006, 15:37

Jolly Joker wrote:
Paradox wrote:well, why dont you just ruin the entire storyline for us JJ? ffs, if you keep up telling people "no thats wrong" eventually theyre going to get it right and just spoil the storyline, leave us to speculate.
Strange, that you of all people start getting second thoughts of disclosing things.
theres a difference between leaked unit name information and the whole storyline in the expansion...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 15:46

Paradox wrote: theres a difference between leaked unit name information and the whole storyline in the expansion...
But you leaked their abilities as well.And you never said how the hell you knew that?Seems to me you already know the story.Spill it! :devious: :devil:

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 02 Sep 2006, 15:49

Leaked? Buddy, you copy/pasted things I compiled in my personal style, which means you didn't even have the decency to change the layout or something. It wasn't a bright move, that much is clear.

ramparter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ramparter » 02 Sep 2006, 16:13

Caradoc wrote:Let me announce a new faction derived from Sylvan: behold the Naughty Elfs

Level 1: Nymphos (Charm)
Level 2: Topless Dancers (Generate Gold)
Level 3: Milf Hunters (Long Shot)
Level 4: Horny Druids (Illegal Touching)
Level 5: Vulgar Unicorns (Mass Blind)
Level 6: Degenerate Treants (Bondage)
Level 7: Faerie Dragons (Spread Disease)

Coming soon... Naughty Elf heroes!
Some of you may call me spammer but I really need to say that word:
OWNED!!!

anakha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby anakha » 02 Sep 2006, 16:55

Rapid fire, cleave, battle frenzy... they have been reading too much D&D! All those skills are stolen. I do not like the sound of "cleave" in heroes. It seems out of place, and I am disappointed in the lack of creativity here.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 17:04

anakha wrote:Rapid fire, cleave, battle frenzy... they have been reading too much D&D! All those skills are stolen. I do not like the sound of "cleave" in heroes. It seems out of place, and I am disappointed in the lack of creativity here.
It really is hard not to have something thats in D&D as well.Everything from lich to golem is in D&D.Same goes for many of the abilities and spells,not just creatures.Besides,cleave is something people knew about well before D&D,so it doesnt necessarilly mean they took it from there.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”