Empower spell work on Decay?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Halkey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Empower spell work on Decay?

Unread postby Halkey » 30 Aug 2006, 18:06

Just wondering. The warlock campaign is pretty hard and I want to maximize my hero's skills.

Also. I think it is pretty messed up that the Warlock hero starts with defense as a skill meaning that if you want Rage of the Elements you CAN NOT take any of the magic skills (dark, light, destructive, summoning). You'd end up with war machines, logistics, enlightnment, luck, and defense. Pretty lame skillset for all that spellpower if you ask me.

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

nah man

Unread postby Sathasarus » 30 Aug 2006, 18:20

empowered spells only work for direct damage spells

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 30 Aug 2006, 21:05

... and forget ultimate when speaking of Warlocks
Morior, ergo sum

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 31 Aug 2006, 02:18

You have five primary skill slots, so in theory, you could take destructive magic as your fifth. But then again, the extra damage could easily be bested by luck or sorcery anyway. The ultimate was only useful when elemental chains were as powerful as it was in the beta.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 31 Aug 2006, 14:32

I definitely agree with that. The campaign gets a lot smoother and rewarding with a Warlock expert in casting implosion/meteor shower rather than Rage of the Elements.

I think Destructive Magic is a must for warlocks, and in the particular case of Raelag, I would say Light Magic in 2nd place.
Morior, ergo sum

Return to “Heroes V-VI”