Best tier 7 creature?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What's your best tier 7 creature?

Poll ended at 29 Sep 2006, 07:12

Colossus/Titan
29%
Shadow dragon/Black dragon
20%
Angel/Archangel
22%
Devil/Archdevil
7%
Bone dragon/Spectral dragon
2%
Green dragon/Emerald dragon
20%

Total votes: 59

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Aug 2006, 08:30

i didn't say they could reach all the units, but they can reach the enemy, especially if you are smart about how to place the dragon in the tactics phase ....
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 09:34

stefan.urlus wrote:i didn't say they could reach all the units, but they can reach the enemy, especially if you are smart about how to place the dragon in the tactics phase ....
That has way more to do with luck than smart.Even with dragon in the center you can still hide your small units in corners.

telepatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby telepatic » 30 Aug 2006, 10:26

Yea they cant...I ven posted in my topic-nostalgy....its really bad about dragons and archangels cant reach enemy in 1 turn.... :( ,Thats why i like titans :proud:

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 30 Aug 2006, 18:13

DaemianLucifer wrote:
stefan.urlus wrote:i didn't say they could reach all the units, but they can reach the enemy, especially if you are smart about how to place the dragon in the tactics phase ....
That has way more to do with luck than smart.Even with dragon in the center you can still hide your small units in corners.
exactly, with some luck you can (with an upgrated dragon) reach an enemy in direckt front of you (but the computer always make's sure it's a useless one ;) ) a dragon is suposed to be verry expencive but verry deadly/usefull as well...not that its complettly powerless or useless but i think halve from what they used to be
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 30 Aug 2006, 18:18

do not agrea , tier 7 is not just hit points and dommage, it s def and attak that make those hits points valuable... and i prefer see my black dragons targeted than my blood furies , they lll suffer but survive, not the furies...

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 30 Aug 2006, 21:09

That's why you have lots of furies at the begining and dragons only mid-late game. You can not go around protecting furies, when it's time for dragons to take the field.
Morior, ergo sum

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 30 Aug 2006, 22:04

yeah but i meant that even if not able to reach the other side they are great meat tanks ...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 31 Aug 2006, 00:59

Titans (because they're cool :proud: - silliest reason :hoo: ). Dunno. I think they're the best creatures in game for their many abilities and strength. Spectral Dragons, for me, are the worst. They could erase them and put a Tooth-fairy instead.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

telepatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby telepatic » 31 Aug 2006, 11:06

Panda Tar wrote:Titans (because they're cool :proud: - silliest reason :hoo: ). Dunno. I think they're the best creatures in game for their many abilities and strength. Spectral Dragons, for me, are the worst. They could erase them and put a Tooth-fairy instead.
Xexexexe....yea :rofl:

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 31 Aug 2006, 14:09

I'd like to make a point.

1 Archdevil + 1 imp vs 1 titan

The archdevil will win.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 14:26

LordErtz wrote:I'd like to make a point.

1 Archdevil + 1 imp vs 1 titan

The archdevil will win.
Not really.If the titan kills the devil first(and he can do that),then he will win.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 31 Aug 2006, 14:36

How come? Imp gives the "fat teleporting pig" time to arrive?
Morior, ergo sum

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 14:42

Lady Farquad wrote:How come? Imp gives the "fat teleporting pig" time to arrive?
No,he meant that when the imp dies the devils can raise a pit fiend.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 31 Aug 2006, 14:48

8| :loll: You mean I won the inferno campaign without knowing that?! :baby:

edit: Now I remember efreets (from III) Didn't like the HOMMIV, never played it.
Last edited by Lady Farquad on 31 Aug 2006, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.
Morior, ergo sum

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 31 Aug 2006, 14:51

well in term of pure and game power that s without a doubt arch angel , i make my point, Arch angels are not just a mighty lvl 7 fighter its also a full pack of any lvl resurected during the fight wich will last after the fight ( not like arch devil s summons ... )

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Aug 2006, 15:55

Shadow/Blackie for me (both equally cool), though the blackie should be really black and for all tier 7 they should have better stats or cost 1k/ 500g less, if bot...If bot of those balance options.... not sure it would maybe be unbalanced
Last edited by Orfinn on 31 Aug 2006, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 16:10

Orfinn wrote:Shadow/Blackie for me (both equally cool), though the blackie should be really black and for all tier 8 they should have better stats or cost 1k/ 500g less, if bot...If bot of those balance options.... not sure it would maybe be unbalanced
You meant tier 7,right? :devious:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Aug 2006, 16:14

:| ..... 8| ...... :D fixed, even bolded the number ;)

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 02 Sep 2006, 11:59

Hands down, Emerald Dragon!
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 04 Sep 2006, 16:59

On paper, archangels and archdevils can summon, and hence are the most cost-effective, but against humans, either your level 7's are the first ones to die, or you don't send them in and watch the rest of your army get overpowered.

Putting that into consideration, I'd have to vote for Emerald Dragons. The reason why level 7's die first is because they get pounded on by the enemy's whole army, and rightly so, because cost-effectively, they are the weakest but deal the most damage. However, on the battlefield, even when you are fully engaged, not all your units can reach any enemy stack you desire. I strike one flank with lvl 7's, watch the other flank trying to move towards my dragons, and then with initiative 14 I move and strike another place, preventing them from being pounded on.

Also, because attacking first means suffering less in the counterstrike, haste is actually more powerful with fast units (and slow with slow units). A haste on expert level with Emerald Dragons is, trust me, brutal, and no, you can't blast them with meteror shower or implosion either.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”