We want nagas,but how?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What do you want nagas to be in HV

Tanks(no,not cyber punk,but heavy melee fighters)
45%
Ranged unit
3%
Casters
3%
A whole race of them with everything from the above
31%
Tanks,as in forge town tanks(dont worry,no death squads will storm your door if you vote this one)
3%
Who says I want nagas back?They stink!(worry,death squads will storm your door if you vote this one)
14%

Total votes: 64

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Aug 2006, 03:36

ouch, and that may be true, but they are such a sweet unit
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 30 Aug 2006, 10:56

Actually, Medusa shouldn't technically be half-snake. You should thank Hollywood for that.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 30 Aug 2006, 12:10

Genesis is correct, the original Medusa in mythology only had snakes for her hair. A little scally from what I remember, but otherwise 'normal'
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Aug 2006, 13:15

Caradoc wrote:Nagas are nothing like Rakshasas. Nagas are snake spirits and Rakshasa are tiger spirits.

The Heroes Naga is probably the least authentic creature (next to the Faerie Dragon, of course). Nowhere in Eastern mythos is it depicted in the medusa form and nowhere does it have multiple arms. It is just a made up monster and not worthy of the game. So there.
Who cares about their spirit. They both have no retal, both were/are at the same town, at the same tier, has multiple arms, use swords as a weapon.
Imho nagas creators were inspired by Shiva probably and rakshasas creators were inspired by Shiva.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 Aug 2006, 14:01

Meandor wrote:Who cares about their spirit. They both have no retal, both were/are at the same town, at the same tier, has multiple arms, use swords as a weapon.
That's what I wanted to say.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 30 Aug 2006, 16:20

DaemianLucifer wrote:Because its nival we are talking about here.Because they replaced gargoyles with jukeboxes and devils with short teleporting pigs.
:D Oh God! Do I love the way you choose words... :D Absolutely agree.

I like the idea of a new Naga, spellcaster. Not sure about entire race, but Nagas deserve their own town.
Morior, ergo sum

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Aug 2006, 18:03

Meandor wrote: Who cares about their spirit. They both have no retal, both were/are at the same town, at the same tier, has multiple arms, use swords as a weapon.
Imho nagas creators were inspired by Shiva probably and rakshasas creators were inspired by Shiva.
You took the words right out of my mouth Meandor. Even though Naga's are one of my favorite units, it's pretty much the same as a raja, but with different form, so there is no reason to bring it back.

Even if they brought it back with different abilities, it still feels right in wizard town because that town is filled with arabic and indian mythology, which is where this unit was inspired from.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 17:51

[quote="Meandor']Who cares about their spirit. They both have no retal, both were/are at the same town, at the same tier, has multiple arms, use swords as a weapon.
[/quote]

Funny, the green and black dragons have more in common then the Naga and the D&D Rakshasa (in myth they resemble urangutans more then lions).

And it really doesn´t make sense replacing them with lions when they´re actualy more like spirits then Rakshasas, which are more like demons. It would have been easy to make them glowing half-snakes.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 02 Sep 2006, 11:00, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 02 Sep 2006, 04:29

To be honest all you really need is 2-3 different variations of nagas.

A buffer naga blademaster-type unit that has 'blade dance' moves that give him big bonus' as long as he doesn't move. Moving will break the bonus. Tier 4 or 5 sounds about right for that.

A naga spellcaster with the ability to double cast his spells at maybe tier 5 or 6.

Then throw in another variation of the naga(plain old lizardman from homm3) at tier 1-3.

Everything else can be other units and you're not overdosed with nagas.

Have a wyvern(make it cast decay on attack) since we don't have a tier 6 flyer in the game yet.

The tier 7 unit itself could either be a wyrm like this(http://images.animanga.nu/fanart/3842/wyrm.gif) that could bury itself in the ground or have a charge breath weapon(the breath weapon takes time to activate like battle gryphons attack but its ranged and explodes like a fireball). Or maybe even like the d&d definition of coautl(the giant goodly winged snake of wisdom).

Point is there are lots of possibilities for nagas and the unit possibilities are endless to be honest. I definitely want to see a naga race.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2006, 10:29

MrSteamTank wrote: Point is there are lots of possibilities for nagas and the unit possibilities are endless to be honest. I definitely want to see a naga race.
Unfortunatly this is Ubival we're talking about, so at least 4 units in the line up will prob be Nagas, maybe a Medusa and if were lucky 2 monster units. :disagree:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 02 Sep 2006, 10:34

I would prefer a whole race of them (in a swamp town) in the 2nd expansion....
.... with a Naga on level 7 looking like those in H3 (maybe Naga princess/queen?... as tier 7 the "queen" suffix would finally make sense)...

...Medusas and stuff would better fit as a shooter IMHO
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Sep 2006, 10:46

I chose tank, I wouldn't mind a race. Just as long as they don't make to many naga units. 3 tops.
Grah!

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Nov 2006, 01:44

Who says I want nagas??

Why are you people so stubbornly stuck to old things?? Let go of the past dammit! :mad:

My second choice would be a full race of snakepeople and that would work.

Lamia Warrior - Lamia Warrior is very aggressive. She knows no pity and will deal harshly with enemy servants in trying to get to the enemy hero. No other creature is capable of deflecting her blow if her master owns at least one more Lamia.

Lamia Monk - Lamias are difficult to predict, and not a lot is known about them. Currently the Learned Council does not have a clear explanation of why the Lamias often take the Kinets' side in battles. An unquestionable advantage of their loyalty to the Kinets is these creatures' aggressiveness towards other representatives of their kind who take the opposition's side. If they see another Lamia fighting for the enemy army, these half-women, half-snakes will swipe away everyone who happens to be between them and their rival.

Lamia Monk is the least aggressive creature of their kind. The Kinets value her for her ability to make deals with the keepers of the kingdom of the dead. The priestess can bring back any of her lost sisters so that they are able to protect the master again.

Lamia Warlord - It is well known that the gaze of the Lamia Warlord is hypnotic. She has the ability of stopping her opponent with her stare and gaining the first strike. If the creature sent by the enemy hero to deflect her blow would die, Lamia Warlord will deliver what is left from her strength to her victim's master.

Lamia Warlock - An unquenchable thirst for blood keeps the Lamia Warlock going. Even if she's unable to destroy the enemy, the Warlock will try to get at least an ounce of strength from him, and humbly bring it back to her master.

Hmm I wonder if this one can serve any purpose :D
Last edited by Campaigner on 21 Nov 2006, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Nov 2006, 01:52

Campaigner wrote:Who says I want nagas??
The big boobed godes of boobia :devil:

And look,two handed nagas :D

Oh,and tell me,what is so much better in your proposal than having all of those be named nagas and having an extra pair of hands?I find both proposals extremly alike.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Nov 2006, 01:57

Common story which makes it believable :p (In Etherlords that is).

The sixarmed snakewoman is just one creature. A result of the hodgepodge of creatures in Heroes II, III and IV. A whole race like with Elves, Dark Elves and Dwarves feels much better.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Nov 2006, 02:00

You can make a whole race out of nagas as well.Add a few slawes/allies in the low ends,put in one fast scout or an archer,one pries or mage and one slow tank and there you have a naga race.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Nov 2006, 02:08

That's too much. The four above is enough and a race doesn't need to have one archer, one flyer and one melee tank.
I do not know what allies they got but Nival will hopefully find something fitting. (There's a chance they'll take the Aviaks f.e eventhough I don't believe it).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Nov 2006, 02:17

I didnt propose a flyer but two walkers and a caster,or an archer caster and a walker.

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 21 Nov 2006, 02:44

I voted for the race as I couldn't decide whether I want a caster or a (topless) tank. What I also really want, is the town to have Wyvern in it. I know it wasn't a good creature in heroes 3...but i kinda liked it. Perhaps because of the hives...well anyways.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 Nov 2006, 02:59

I have no idea, though I thought I'd write that 'Naga' is the Malay word for 'Dragon', and we have plenty of them already. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”