Dungeon Sacrifice

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kobal2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dungeon Sacrifice

Unread postby Kobal2 » 27 Aug 2006, 03:43

After having searched this a lot and finding nothing, I just have to ask : how exactly does this work ? Has anyone been able to work out the mechanics behind the warlock's sacrificial pit ?

Is it totally random ? Based on HP ? Based on creature cost, level, whatever ?

The only thing I'm quite sure of, is that sacrificing your week supply of minos will consistently net your with +1 maiden. Yet I tried genociding hydras, assassins, vampires, all to no avail... What gives ?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Aug 2006, 06:21

As I wrote in the CH unofficial guide appendix, as far as I saw in my tests it is based on HP, power or experience value, but there is some randomness in it. From what I saw, the bonuses came always in the same order: first twice +1 to maidens, then +1 to maidens and minos (almost) simultaneously etc. But one can give only very rough estimation how many creatures have to be sacrificed before the next bonus appears.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 27 Aug 2006, 13:14

So, I should try to sacrifice creatures that join me? Or from other castles that are not my type?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Aug 2006, 13:34

PhoenixReborn wrote:So, I should try to sacrifice creatures that join me? Or from other castles that are not my type?
depends what other use do the joiners/extra castles have and how far in game you are.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 27 Aug 2006, 13:36

Yeah, that's the main thing what the sacraficial buildings are meant for.. Use up unneeded units to get bonuses.

@Pitsu Argh you beat me to it :D

Kobal2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kobal2 » 27 Aug 2006, 18:19

@pitsu : So what you're saying is it's cumulative over time ? As in, you need to sacrifice say 100 HP for a first bonus, and you can do that in as many turns you want, then the counter restarts, this time at 150 HP ? I always thought it was a one-turn thing, but that would explain much... thanks for the answer !

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Aug 2006, 19:58

Kobal2 wrote: As in, you need to sacrifice say 100 HP for a first bonus,
Better count with 300 HP as for first bonus and +300 more for second bonus. And after that the required HP increases.
I always thought it was a one-turn thing, ..
One turn thing? I am not sure I get what you meant, but nevermind...However, if you find some better explanation or discover some new aspects, don't forget to educate the rest of us...

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 27 Aug 2006, 20:07

Pitsu wrote:
Kobal2 wrote: As in, you need to sacrifice say 100 HP for a first bonus,
Better count with 300 HP as for first bonus and +300 more for second bonus. And after that the required HP increases.
I always thought it was a one-turn thing, ..
One turn thing? I am not sure I get what you meant, but nevermind...However, if you find some better explanation or discover some new aspects, don't forget to educate the rest of us...
I believe they meant they thought it was a bonus for 1 week only. It is cumulative however, and stays for (as far as I know) the entire quest/scenario.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 01:30

it's cumulative????!!!!

damn, i might need to use this thing then!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Aug 2006, 02:56

Didn't know it was cummulative.

I've sacrificed something like 30 sprites and 8-10 blade dancers because they were misplaced there, and + 1 bloodly girl improved. After some matches, I've sacrificed more than that, not the same creatures, but units whith higher tier, and there was nothing happening.

Really uncomprehensible.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 03:52

i may have to invest a little time and check this, cause it may be more powerful then i thought, or maybe not!!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Tested in 1.1

Unread postby Mytical » 28 Aug 2006, 05:19

Used the army cheat code in 1.1 and kept sacrificing, and it was cumulative (ie as you sacrificed more you got more +creatures). Only tried once, so could have been a bug, and never tried with 1.2 as I didn't have the ability to give myself unlimited sacrificing ability. Just thought you might like to know.

Just so you know though it can get ridiculously expensive to get even an extra + creature. At one point I sacrificed 100 Black Dragons and got nada for them, that is when I stopped and went about the scenario.

So you sacrifice enough to get + 1 'girl' that stays forever as far as I know. Next week you get the +1, then the week after, then the week after, ect. Now say on week 2 you manage to sacrifice enough to get +1 to both. Then the next 'growth cycle' you get 2 of the 'Maidens???' or Matriarchs forget which, and 1 Minotaur. Then the next 2 and 1, ect. Never 'deteriates' or looses any that you have gained. And as long as you can aford it you can keep adding to this.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 05:52

Suh-weet!!! that definately becomes worthwhile, especially where you pick some unwanted units, this would be a great bonus for the necro's, you could sacrfice all those plague zombies!!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Just a thought

Unread postby Mytical » 28 Aug 2006, 06:40

Would require a ton of patients and suggest 4 people on Multiplayer. 3 Choose Necropolipse towns and build up for some time, but once they have there town completely built just stand by (only one bothers to have creatures protecting his/her town). Dungeon faction takes over the 2 necropolipse, and sacrifices all the creatures into the pit every week. See how it works out. Long, boring, and tedious, but would varify or prove wrong.

Would suggest either lots of bandages or padding for keyboard when doing this. To either wrap arround the head or provent damage to same when the players start banging there head on the keyboards out of boredom. :devil:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 07:02

i think i would use it in moderation

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Yeah lol

Unread postby Mytical » 28 Aug 2006, 07:10

Sorry in an odd mood with that last message. Sacrificing would have to be done in moderation. Anyhow, it quickly becomes where the ends don't justify it. My posts may be a little off for awhile, so I appologize in advance.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 07:17

alcohol??? :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Aug 2006, 00:44

Could it be related to creature size too? Like, large creatures won't increase anything? Haven't tried throwing some dragons in there. :devious:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 29 Aug 2006, 01:23

If I have 1000g to spare, which I rarely do, then I usually do the first 300hp, that's it. Necro or inferno hero starting troops give good hp, and it really doesn't matter if you're using them as logistics hero anyway.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 01:38

and that's prolly the way i'll do it too .... unless i happen to scam a group of neutrals who don't match (hopefully a big group of high HP units!!)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”