Creature Artifacts

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Unholy_angel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Creature Artifacts

Unread postby Unholy_angel » 26 Aug 2006, 10:34

What creature artifact do you use for each of your academy creatures? I usually use something that boosts luck, offence and defence and sometimes initiative. What are your favorites?

Also I discovered an abuse of artifact making: if you have pendant of mastery equipped on your hero (means that you have ultimate artificier skill) then the cost of making artifacts is halved. So if you construct an artifact with half the price and then you unmake it- but before that, you remove the pendant of mastery from your hero- the result is that you gain double the resources back!!

telepatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby telepatic » 26 Aug 2006, 20:38

One question for all-How do you get ultimate skills?And this abilities in centre of skill wheel? :|

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 26 Aug 2006, 21:04

Not sure if I would call it abuse if you have pendant of mastery. All other races get bonuses, though, indeed, academy one might be most powerful.

Anyway, would've used initiative for raksahshasalass and giants/titans most likely. HP for grems? Speed again for raks...?

telepatic, ultimate skills you can only get with pendant of mastery. It gives you one 'level' of main skill (necromancy, gating, artificier,...). Ultimate abilities are much harder to get. 30 or so levels if you don't get much witch huts that might help you. And how to get them? Guess depends also on luck, to get right skills at the right time, as one faulty one can ruin all your hard work in getting the ability.

telepatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby telepatic » 27 Aug 2006, 14:28

hm..I thought so...thx anyway :) And another thing,what initiative actually do? :baby:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Aug 2006, 17:36

What abilities I am able to give the artifacts depends upon what resources are available and may vary somewhat with spells and skills available. But here is a general choice.

Gremlins, mages- hitpoints, initiative, magic resistance

Titans- initiative, luck, magic resistance

Rakshasa- initiative, speed magic resistance

Gargoyle- hitpoints, speed, attack

Golems- hitpoints, speed, defense

Genies- hitpoints, initiave, magic resistance

Edit: The higher the creature's initiative the quicker the creature's turn comes.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Aug 2006, 17:39

Nebs wrote:Not sure if I would call it abuse if you have pendant of mastery. All other races get bonuses, though, indeed, academy one might be most powerful.
It is a bug. I don't use it.
telepatic wrote:One question for all-How do you get ultimate skills?And this abilities in centre of skill wheel? :|
You have to get all the skills required for the ultimate to be able to get it. Click on the ultimate in the wheel and it shows all the skills you need. It is best to only have your heroe only get a couple of skills at a time until those are close to having all the skills selected for the ultimate and then to chose another appropriate skill that the ultimate requires.

Yes, it is in the center of the wheel.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

telepatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby telepatic » 27 Aug 2006, 20:05

Aha.. :sceptic: Did you had it? :|

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Aug 2006, 21:45

telepatic wrote:Aha.. :sceptic: Did you had it? :|
Yes, I've had it before. But as I say since it gives back more resources than you put in (clearly a bug) I don't use the 4th artificer level.

Artifacts are a big part of the academy to make up for creature weaknesses. I mean not only creature artifacts but heroe artifacts. the Academy should build its artifact merchant when feasible. The pendant can pop up there, just keep an eye out every week for it.

GOW

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 01:28

GOW, pretty much agree with your stat booster artifacts, you need the speed boosts for the rakshasa and the gargoyles and initiative boosts are always handy, the others depend on the units weaknesses

quite a handy boost i reckon
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Aug 2006, 01:56

Hum, why is there more than 1 kind of artifact? I couldn't place 2 different artifacts into 1 single unit (with different or equal stats). Not that I want my units to become unstopable but it wouldn't, then, make any difference forging a shield of health, than a necklace of health, for instance. I understand that: if you make a shield, a sword or a helm, then you can place all of them on a single thing.

What do you guys think or know about it?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Aug 2006, 02:00

As your skill lvl in Artificed increases so do the # of stats you can put on them.

As for the different artifact types, that's just a graphic feature, to give some diversety to it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Aug 2006, 02:07

Haven't seen it on description. In fact, that description sounds more like more powerful stuff being able to be settled on them, and not about number of artifacts, imho. Anyway, it wasn't working properly, if my hero was Expert on that and I could just place 1 necklace on the Rashkassa (is this how to write that name?) and nothing more.^^

Well, maybe it was a mouse-bug. ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Aug 2006, 02:11

You can only place 1 artifact, but it can have more then one stat boost. I belive the max is 3 or 4.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Aug 2006, 02:13

ThunderTitan wrote:You can only place 1 artifact, but it can have more then one stat boost. I belive the max is 3 or 4.
Oh, ok, I misunderstood you and the game.^^ Sorry about that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Aug 2006, 02:15

Panda Tar wrote:
Oh, ok, I misunderstood you and the game.^^ Sorry about that.
NP. Live and learn. ;)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 28 Aug 2006, 03:29

Panda Tar wrote:Haven't seen it on description. In fact, that description sounds more like more powerful stuff being able to be settled on them, and not about number of artifacts, imho. Anyway, it wasn't working properly, if my hero was Expert on that and I could just place 1 necklace on the Rashkassa (is this how to write that name?) and nothing more.^^

Well, maybe it was a mouse-bug. ;|
A little bit about the art of making creature artifacts:

1) The number of enchantments that can be placed on an artifact depends on yothe wizard's artificer skill. Developing this skill should come after other important skills because you aren't going to use it for a very long time in most cases. You need to build your creature dwellings and mages guild up first.

2) You can break any artifact that you make to recover the same number of resources that you originally used (as noted before thare is a bug with the ultimate level of the skill)

3) The wizard's knowledge level determines the power of the enchantments he can place on the artifact. Therefore he should wear all the knowledge boosting artifacts he has when he makes an artifact.

4) You can remove an artifact from one creature and give it to another. The artifact stays with the creature stack when the stack is transfered to another heroe.

5) The max number of enchantments on an artifact is 3.

I probably left something out but that about sumarizes it.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Aug 2006, 00:50

That's insteresting. :)

It is mostly to fufill someone's wish to have troops being able to wear artifacts. Is it possible to equipe on non-academy units? I won't have time to play during this week to check that. :|

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 01:40

my understanding is that they are only able to be equipped on academy units

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 29 Aug 2006, 03:41

Yep, academy units only.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 03:43

thought so, cheers GOW, makes sense really, some of the other factions getting a boost could really unhinge the game (imagine giving all dungeon or sylvan units artifacts to increase morale - to offset the penalty, and then some initiative, or speed boosts, attack etc .... frightening)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”