What would 8th tier be like?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Aug 2006, 11:18

No dear, it means I hit 2000 posts and I deserve fireworks :D (where's the praise thread when you need it... ;) )
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 11:26

theLuckyDragon wrote:No dear, it means I hit 2000 posts and I deserve fireworks :D (where's the praise thread when you need it... ;) )
Milla,quit consuming my propertha!

And,to get this one back on topic,even 7 tiers is too much.5 would be best imo,with choices and logical upgrades(although upgrades arent needed),but hey,when you have 7,why not goof around and ponder about making the stronger than strongest? :D

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 30 Aug 2006, 15:39

I do like the idea of carrying the grail around while it grants you some special battle feature. Usually when you get it, you´re done. That would at least give me a chance to enjoy that hard earned reward, instead of just getting a lousy "you won" message.
Morior, ergo sum

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 15:54

maybe you could have an option at the beggining f a map of whether you want the grail to supply a single 8th tier, or the norman grail bonuses. or both.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Aug 2006, 16:12

well i think that grail system would be nice because you will have eiter a stong army with 1 super creature or 1 super strong army and a well defended town

and yes 7 tiers is enough but the post is IF there was a 8 tier

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 31 Aug 2006, 03:57

Just because WOG (I assume; haven't used it myself) made 8th level creature dependent on the ultimate artifact does not mean that is how it must be done. Neither is needing an exterior structure necessary. If everyone can do it it isn't unbalanced.

It could just be the next level tier built up normally structure etc. It would be so expensive and resource intensive that it would only happen in very large maps. We know the editor is coming and will give the capabilities.

I don't see why everyone is so against the 8th tier. Seriously, what if you had only played H IV. Then you play H V, are you seriously going to be complaining that there are 7 available units at one time instead of 5?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 04:03

no i never said i had anything agains a normal 8th tier, just wanted to make it interesting by attaching it to the grail and making it super-powerful.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 12:01

PhoenixReborn wrote: I don't see why everyone is so against the 8th tier. Seriously, what if you had only played H IV. Then you play H V, are you seriously going to be complaining that there are 7 available units at one time instead of 5?
Yes I would.When I played HIII I thought there were too many units,which made the game too bland.HII had it almost perfect,but I still think 5 would be the perfect number.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 31 Aug 2006, 16:04

PhoenixReborn wrote:Just because WOG (I assume; haven't used it myself) made 8th level creature dependent on the ultimate artifact does not mean that is how it must be done. Neither is needing an exterior structure necessary. If everyone can do it it isn't unbalanced.
WoG has a requirement to capture an external structure, as well as having the upgraded level 7 built in a corresponding town type. (although there are option to change that).
I don't think people were saying it *must* be done that way, but rather it was an option for how to handle overpowered (recruitable) ceratures.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 16:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:
PhoenixReborn wrote: I don't see why everyone is so against the 8th tier. Seriously, what if you had only played H IV. Then you play H V, are you seriously going to be complaining that there are 7 available units at one time instead of 5?
Yes I would.When I played HIII I thought there were too many units,which made the game too bland.HII had it almost perfect,but I still think 5 would be the perfect number.
but then again, DL, your no example cause i dont think theres a thing in the world you dont complain about.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 17:03

soupnazii wrote: but then again, DL, your no example cause i dont think theres a thing in the world you dont complain about.
I never complained about starcraft.Also,youll see nothing but praise for me about HII as well.So,no dice mister nazi :devious: :devil:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 05:27

Here is a odd suggestion. What if only towns that has the Capita(o?)l can produce 8th tier creatures...that way anybody could get them. Also would have to build another structure, not just have the C. Super expensive, as would the creature be, or it could give you even more gold instead as an alternative (like a split tree either or). And instead of being 8th 'tier' it could be a upgrade of the upgraded tier 7. Just some thoughts here.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 03 Sep 2006, 20:58

actually having it as a Capitol thing is a great idea, since it wont be unbalanced cause everybody has one, but it wont be overly poerful cause its only 1 per race. thats a better idea than the grail thing, imo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 21:03

soupnazii wrote:actually having it as a Capitol thing is a great idea
I agree. It also has the advantage of making your capitol a bit stronger against the enemy. Ain't nothing i hated more then getting my capitol destroyed because it was conquered for a day or too.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Sep 2006, 11:21

Some just plain silly 8th tier hehe.

Could only come up with 2 funny 8th tier possibilities.

Sylvan - Fairy - Grants all sylvan units that are in combat with her imm to mind control and changes all units to female (even the creatures!). Everywhere she flies a rainbow follows and she pouts when she gets hit! Any enemy that hits her (even undead!) feels remorse and is unable to act for 1 complete turn.

Necro - Dreadlock - Warlock undead that causes all undead units to gain 50% magic dmg reduction. Unfortunately since he hates what he is he starts combat frenzied and attacks the nearest unit!!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Sep 2006, 12:16

Mytical302 wrote: Necro - Dreadlock - Warlock undead that causes all undead units to gain 50% magic dmg reduction. Unfortunately since he hates what he is he starts combat frenzied and attacks the nearest unit!!
Sorry,I couldnt ressist.Heres a stack of dreadlocks:

:devious: :devil:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Sep 2006, 14:09

ROFL, you got the pun :). Yep that was what I was shooting for :0.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”