What would 8th tier be like?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 26 Aug 2006, 13:36

vhilhu wrote:isnt coloss already academy lvl7? instead of giant as it had been in previous series?
I figured that a giant should be a downgrade, thus the naming change.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 27 Aug 2006, 03:21

I just had a good idea.

For the Wizard (another faction maybe?) the 8th tier could be a shapeshifter who takes on the form of whatever the highest level enemy unit on the field is.

For the Warlock perhaps a mighty snake that can crash down on an enemy inflicting severe damage but giving up its next turn...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 06:09

i think a tier 8 should never be done .... but that's just me
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Agree

Unread postby Mytical » 28 Aug 2006, 06:34

Oh I agree wholeheartedly about it SHOULD never be done, just was something as a 'what if' :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Aug 2006, 04:52

i think this was mentioned already, but how about just having multiple upgrades for level 7's? actually, i made entire towns with this upgrade system and some of you already saw them, but now ill just show my level 7's. this was supposed to be a H6 proposal, so i used certain names (like archangel) in different places and put in some new names. if you dont understand the way the upgrade works, ask and i'll explain:

Haven:
7 Spirit
7+ Angel
7++a Archangel (High attack, high defense, casts harmful spells)
7++b Guardian Angel (Average attack, very high defense, casts beneficial spells, resurrect once per battle)

Inferno:
7 Hellmaster
7+ Balor
7++a Devil (Very high attack, average defense, fear effect, teleport anywhere on battlefield, summon Hellmasters equal to number of devils once per combat)
7++b Spirit Manipulator (Average attack, high defense, hypnotizes one enemy stack for one round once per battle, resurrect fallen creatures as Horned Demons once per combat {enemy casualties: half amount of health point in demons, friendly casualties: equal amount of HP in demons})

Academy:
7 ((Big?? Abnormally Large??))
7+ Giant
7++a Colossus (High defense, very high damage, 30% magic resistant)
7++b Titan (Very high defense, high damage, ranged, no melee penalty)

i still havent thought of a good name for the downgrade of the giant. any help with that would be appriciated. ive only done 3 towns so far, because believe it or not it very hard to make a town that has reasonable creatures and is balanced out well while each tier has 4 creatures and they all have to have good names...

anyway, to adapt it to this situation (a level 8), i was thinking that when somebody gets the grail, they have a choice between the money/resource bonuses, and upgrading their level 7s to one of two options. or maybe they could choose to upgrade a different tier to one of two options (like if you have 5k skeleton archers and 5 dragons). anyway, tell me what you think.

btw, if you want to see the full listings for all three towns, just say so.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Aug 2006, 05:56

the thoughts behind the suggestion are good, but i still don't think this is something that heroes needs, i think it may create further inbalance

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Not enough for poll

Unread postby Mytical » 29 Aug 2006, 06:51

Sorry not enough suggestions for a poll, and the time period I suggestion has already passed :(. No poll for this, and so far artifacts either.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Taldaas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Taldaas » 29 Aug 2006, 15:27

I like the idea that you can only have 1 of the 8th tier creature but do not like it linked to the grail. A few more ideas for this:

Haven - Avatar. this would be an avatar of the god that the priests worship (can't remember the name). It would be able to cast beneficial spells (most with mass version) and would also have significant defensive capabilites, although a little light on offense.

Sylvan - Gaia (or Force of Nature). Gives all troops + to morale and luck. Has a mass lightning and mass heal spell available. Inititive less than emrald dragon but not to slow. Massive HP.

Necropolis - Dracolich was a great idea and I agree with it still. It should have inherent reduction to archery damage and 25% physical resistance.

Inferno - Belezebub (sp?). A fiery figure that even devils grovel to. High offense and a "gateway" ability. This ability enables him to create a gateway passable by only infernal troops that connect any 2 pieces of the battlefield. Also increases speed and inititive of all friendly troops as the hurry to do his bidding.

Dungeon - Draco (Dragon Patriarch). Draco can choose whether to resist magic or not any time a spell is cast on him. Draco has a breath attach similar to mega dragons from Heroes IV. In addition he can choose to use his claw/bite attack instead, this attack only hits 1 enemy but does full damage 3 times (2 claws and 1 bite) with the possibilty to swallow an enemy (think sea monsters in Heroes IV. Also a spell caster.

Academy - Magic Elemental. Able to cast any spell in the game as expert level. 5% chance for the magic elemental to intercept any spell cast by the enemy. If this is successful the magic elemental sees what spell was cast and is able to select a new target for it still using the original casting creatures mana. Damage shield of arcane energy.

Revisited the Magic elemental per request.
Last edited by Taldaas on 30 Aug 2006, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Aug 2006, 17:14

the magic elemental is waaaaayyyy too strong. balance him out a bit.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Aug 2006, 18:19

a 8 th tier the way WoG is made should not be such a failure ... you now u have to flag some special building to get it ... then it appears in your town.
Easy to balance since it s not a necessary feature for a city in every map.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

creatures

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Aug 2006, 21:22

I think it should be like if you have the grail but not build in the town but carry it with you so if you have digged the grail up 1 creature is summoned on the battlefield before the tactic phase witch should make transpoting the grail to your home town easyer
it should also be in battle when the town with the grailstucture is under siege

don't you remember what isable said to godric it was somthing like the wizards don't have a dragon they might make dragons of themselfes
so I gues academy should something like a dragon of pure mana (white dragon) it should be able to sacrefice hp for spellpoints (2x2)

inferno should have a small but stong unit like the efreet in homm3 with a super fireshield witch blocks all arrows and weak attacks so only 5 level 7 units can harm him.
or he can only suffer -50 damage so you can't kill it with a huge blow, it's spell are like meteor shower, fireball, summon fire, ammergeddon (because of his 50 damage shield) at expert level (1x1)

haven mm maybe an ultimate warrior with a light blade that counters all normal melee attacks. with hair like he's underwater and white eyes (like titan) he looks very cool , I dunno if it should levitate or just run.. (1x1)

sylvan.. gold dragon... just a really nice dragon with super high status and it can fly everywhere(2x2)

mmm dungeon well the history say's the dark elves made a pact with the faceless so I think something like an illusionist faceless mage with a dark barrier witch reduces damage by 75%, it teleports (his barrier get's darker so you can only see a dark ball, and then it appears somewhere else) it's attack isn't that high but it can cast implosion, puppet master, frenzy (and maybe some other spells) at expert level (1x1)

necropolis should have dark night/dread night as level 6 creature and the wight for ultime creature, remember the aging abilty of the ghost dragon in homm3 well like that everything he attacks will die in 3 turns (2x2)

yes I know they ability's are rather defensive but that's because there's only 1 of them

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 29 Aug 2006, 23:10

I love these.

:D

Lemmee see...

Inferno - Devil Princes sounds good to me. Possibly resembling the Heroes III Archdevils instead of the newer crappier ones. I want scythes back!

Haven - Seraph: an angel of the highest order. I suggest a biblical flaming sword, lovely long blond hair and something more warlike than the current nightdress.

Dungeon - Dark Lord. We're seriously lacking on the Sauron front in Heroes V. What better to have a lovely big dark being of destruction causing havoc on the battlefield and beating up dragons?

Necropolis - Crypt Queen. Since Death is Death - rather than undeath, as the undead would have it - and since we've already got the wights and wraiths, I think it may be better if we had something slightly different. Cue a bigass spider of LotR standards (note the Necropolis link with spiders) who eats Black Dragons for breakfast.

Academy - Genie. Yes, I know we've got Djinns and have previously had fairly low-level Genies but seriously, Genies are underrated. Think (for want of a better reference) Disney's Aladdin in terms of extreme GENIE POWER! In fact, think Solmyr. I want Genies with a capital G. I want them to be kickass.

Sylvan - Orion. Yes, I know this is a named character but he's ambiguous enough to not count... and anyway, being a mysterious and strange deity of the forest allows him to appear as he wills etc... you know, the usual. Being THE hunter adds rather a nice boost to the Sylvan ranks.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 04:18

all right, the post two above me gave me an idea. how about this: Wherever the grail is, there will always be that one super-creature. if a hero has the grail in his inventory, he has 1 super creature with him (in an 8th slot). if the grail is in a town, that creature appears if the town is under siege. the type of the creature depends on where the grail is found. if the grail is dug up in snowy terrain, it will accompany a dwarven level 8. swampy terrain, necropolis. lava terrain- inferno. underground- dungeon. something would be done about sylvan/haven. once the creature dies, its gone for good. however, you dont have to kill it to win the match if you are battling (or sieging) a town or hero with the grail. if you kill it in the battle, you get the grail but the creature is lost. if you leave it alive the battle would be much harder but you get to keep the creature in the end (along with the grail). if the grail is settled down in a town, the creature adapts itself to become a little more defensive (ex. if a faery dragon before had a very powerfull chain lightning, now it is slightly weaker but all units are immune to hostile spells to a certain percentage). a creature cannot be removed from a town once it is settled in (since the grail cant). this would add much more strategic potential to the grail and its placement. there could be much more done with this (maybe when you dig up the grail you have to fight the creature first?).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Aug 2006, 04:28

it does add some strategy to the game, but since you will be unlikely to know if an enemy hero has the grail (and it can be swaped between heroes) it can make attacks chancy, i just think a tier 8 is excessive and too likely to impede the balance of the game (since only one faction per map can have it) - sieges can be difficult enough without an uber-protector to help the defender!!

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Aug 2006, 04:57

so thats why i proposed that you have to fight the creature first to get the grail. since it would have to be late in the game for you to be powerfl enough to beat it, everybody would already have very strong armies. to leave your area and go search for the grail would be risky, and once you find it you will lose a sizable chunk of your army to the creature. that would leave you weaker than before with no reinforcements. then the other players would immediately gang up on you to either eliminate the risk fo the 8th level or get it for themselves. while some are concentrated on that, others could go and get lightly-defended towns.this would be sure to eliminate many players very quickly by either the grail-possesor or other players who took advantage. eventually only 2 or three or maybe four players will be left, including the one with the grail. he would hae less towns than the others since he would be closely watched and town closely guarded, but he would also be powerfull. he could take either a defensive or offensive strategy. he could settle in a town and try to hold off atackers, or try to plow through enemy lines. the possibilities are endless.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Aug 2006, 05:05

yeah, i can see what you're saying, but i'm just not sure it's the way i'd want to see the series go ....

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 30 Aug 2006, 10:53

It sounds a bit too much of a 'capture the flag' scenario for my liking.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 11:03

A way to balance this would be if you could choose between two grail structures:One giving you huge economy boost and a special(like now),or one that gives you a pricey uber creature to hire every week,but nothing else.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Aug 2006, 11:08

Level eight creatures should be non-existant, IMO ;| A maximum of seven is quite enough and if anyone wants an uber-something, they can try leveling up their heroes.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 11:16

theLuckyDragon wrote:Level eight creatures should be non-existant, IMO ;| A maximum of seven is quite enough and if anyone wants an uber-something, they can try leveling up their heroes.
OMFG!That yellow bar must mean that you have turned into a nival PR spokesman!You even sound like that :devil:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”