End of campaign question (spoilers)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

End of campaign question (spoilers)

Unread postby tumorbane » 14 Aug 2006, 18:45

I have a question about the end of the campaign. I defeated Biara. Then, I defeated the Demon Sovereign with a round of everyone knocking out his magic shield and then a round of all 4 beating him. Then, there was a cutscene where everyone decided to save the Queen.

My question is, what should happen next? The only place for my heroes to go is to attack the Sovereign's castle AGAIN, only this time his shield is back up and my forces are pretty decimated (Godric is down to only 5 Archangels). Is this a bug or are you supposed to have to go through the whole thing again??

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Aug 2006, 19:26

Oh dear, not another bug :bug:. You should have a second battle vs the Sovereign, and after that, the campaign ends.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 14 Aug 2006, 20:09

Heroes V is probably the most buggy game I've ever played :disagree:

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 14 Aug 2006, 20:34

Gaidal Cain wrote:Oh dear, not another bug :bug:. You should have a second battle vs the Sovereign, and after that, the campaign ends.
When you say a second battle you mean the battle after his shield is down right? So a total of 8 "battles" vs. the Sovereign (each hero taking down his shield, then each hero taking down him)? That's what I thought it would be, but again, after that I got the cutscene saying "let's save Isabel" and it made me attack again with no real chance of winning. Maybe I'll restart right before the Sovereign battle and see what happens...it takes quite awhile to do those 8 battles though. By the way, I found "magic immunity" a critical spell to use in those DS battles.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Aug 2006, 22:19

tumorbane wrote:When you say a second battle you mean the battle after his shield is down right? So a total of 8 "battles" vs. the Sovereign (each hero taking down his shield, then each hero taking down him)?
Yes.
That's what I thought it would be, but again, after that I got the cutscene saying "let's save Isabel" and it made me attack again with no real chance of winning.
My memory is a bit fuzzy here. Exactly what was going on in the last cutscene? It could be that all that you're missing is the final video, and that can be viewed by other means.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 14 Aug 2006, 22:29

Heroes V is probably the most buggy game I've ever played
for me, that honor would go to the released version of Temple of Elemental Evil by Troika.

though, to their credit, they fixed most of the bugs within a few weeks of release.

shame they folded like so many other PC game developers of late.

they did produce some excellent games, like "Arcanum".

soon, there will no longer be ANY US developers of RPG's for PC, and shortly thereafter, PC games as a whole will see an inevitable demise in favor of console-only developers.

ledge
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ledge » 16 Aug 2006, 02:44

I think the most bugged game ever released would have to be Daggerfall.

Heroes V & Temple of Elemental Evil arent even in the same league of bugginess.

cheers

L

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: End of campaign question (spoilers)

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 16 Aug 2006, 03:43

tumorbane wrote:I have a question about the end of the campaign. I defeated Biara. Then, I defeated the Demon Sovereign with a round of everyone knocking out his magic shield and then a round of all 4 beating him. Then, there was a cutscene where everyone decided to save the Queen.

My question is, what should happen next? The only place for my heroes to go is to attack the Sovereign's castle AGAIN, only this time his shield is back up and my forces are pretty decimated (Godric is down to only 5 Archangels). Is this a bug or are you supposed to have to go through the whole thing again??
You are done. After you defeat the Soverign you got the cut scene where they all debated about saving the queen and the mage persuaded them to let him open a portal to the Silver Cities to take her there.

After that you shoul have gotten another scene where Isabel and Godric talk. Godric says "We have a lot of work to do." Isabel's eyes glow red and she says, " You can't imagine the half of it.

Check your savegames. If you see one named "Isabel's Fate" load it and you get the debate scene and the last one back to back.

GOW

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Aug 2006, 21:14

I think the most bugged game ever released would have to be Daggerfall.
oh yeah, forgot about that one. I think my mind intentionally blocked that one out.

:p

Return to “Heroes V-VI”