Alternative to using ubi.com for multiplayer

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Staraxan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Alternative to using ubi.com for multiplayer

Unread postby Staraxan » 14 Aug 2006, 00:41

When I was reading the oracle league forums, I found out about this, and did some more research on it myself.

There is a program called Hamachi, that is a great alternative to using ubi.com. For all people who are having problems using ubi.com for multiplayer, then you may want to try this instead.

First you need to download the hamachi client, here is the link: http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

After you download the client and install it. Go to this link: http://networks.hamachi-games.net/

Then after you do that, click on the "join" button that is next to the Heroes of Might and Magic V line on the above link.

In order to play a game, you need to go to multiplayer and click on LOCAL NETWORK from within your game.

This will allow you to play Heroes of Might and Magic V without having to deal with the problems of connecting with ubi.com. This works great, and give it a try.

Post messages to this thread if you have any questions / problems. I found out about this myself thru reading about it on oracle league.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 23 Aug 2006, 14:21

I set everything up, Hamachi shows theres one H5 server online, i go to the game, local network and nada, no servers listed, nor in standart, nor in duel mode... Is there something i didnt do?

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 25 Aug 2006, 20:19

For those who don't know, hamachi creates a VPN (Virtual Private Network) tunnel.

Skullmane: I think you mean that there are one Heroes V channel online. That's just a room with people logged into hamachi. They don't have to have the game started for that.

But if there's no server the next time, then create your own server and register it on the hamachi forums. If people don't come, then you should start a hamachi thread on the official forums (though this is risky since hamachi enables anybody with the game to play multiplayer) and get people to post times they're online and such. But take their msn and icq numbers first since the thread will most probably be shut down.

HEBPEME
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

hamachi

Unread postby HEBPEME » 06 Sep 2006, 17:00

great stuff !

i am playing with my friends every night :) It's really cool and easy 2 use.

I created my own network and i would LOVE to see more people willing to play. I'm a very experienced user so don't think of it as a newbee network :)
And if anyone is up for a match just add me on MSN. My id is hebpeme_78@yahoo.com

And info about my hamachi network is :

network : M&M5
password : 12345678

Return to “Heroes V-VI”