use for armageddon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
seargentsavage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

use for armageddon

Unread postby seargentsavage » 12 Aug 2006, 08:32

is there any way to use armageddon effectively? It seems that it isnt worth killing your own creatures. Maybe if your enemy has more stacks than you he takes more damage?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Uses

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Aug 2006, 09:09

1) certain defeat by a superior force.

2) You have only creatures that take reduced damage or (if possible) no damage from spells.

3) To burn a whole lot of mana from Counterspelling folk (though summon pheonix is better for this).

Otherwise, use with caution.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 12 Aug 2006, 11:29

Yeah ... it's too bad that the racial skill of Dungeon is "Irresistable Magic" ... heck it makes your otherwise immune creatures take damage.

I would have liked the racial skill better if it would just increase the damage of destructive spells by X% and also SHIELD your creatures by X% from destructive spells [or at least shield them from your spells]. This change would at least make Armageddon a reasonable option in the last fight on the map.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 12 Aug 2006, 17:45

Alamar wrote:Yeah ... it's too bad that the racial skill of Dungeon is "Irresistable Magic" ... heck it makes your otherwise immune creatures take damage.

I would have liked the racial skill better if it would just increase the damage of destructive spells by X% and also SHIELD your creatures by X% from destructive spells [or at least shield them from your spells]. This change would at least make Armageddon a reasonable option in the last fight on the map.
Otherwise, they would say that it would have been an exploit :devious:
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 12 Aug 2006, 21:42

all I can think of for using Armageddon is hit and run tactics.

use a hero with decent spell power, give them some units with resistance, and have them hit and run large armies using the spell.

with wizards, it would seem a cheap way to go to build a secondary army of obs. gargs and use hit and run tactics. However, wizards rarely get the armageddon spell.

personally, I have never used the spell so far, in any map or campaign.

It does suggest something needs tweaking, as it's pretty much a wasted spell slot at this point.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 12 Aug 2006, 22:57

well the point of armageddon in other HOMM games was to get black dragons or something that had immunity to the magic but now that's not possible due to the "BUG" with Warlock's skill.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 13 Aug 2006, 00:02

that "bug" extends to all creatures that should be immune to it, warlock or no.

fire elementals are not immune to it.

obs. gargoyles are not immune.

etc.

there is something wrong in the way the damage is calculated, and until that is fixed, it's pretty worthless as a spell.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Aug 2006, 00:50

Its the final battle,and youre winning,but want it to look cool :D

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 13 Aug 2006, 02:01

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its the final battle,and youre winning,but want it to look cool :D
:yes:

It can speed up the final battle too. :)

GOW

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Aug 2006, 08:23

I can think of a way to use it, if you can take out the entire opposing army with it ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 13 Aug 2006, 09:59

If you have the ressurection spell, and can calculate how many enemy will fall with armageddon, take out most of theirs and resurrect yours before the end of the battle.

Puppet Master and blind will help give you more time to resurrect yours as well. (Ah, the good old, blind / resurrect combo!)
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Kryp2nite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kryp2nite » 13 Aug 2006, 13:46

Probably the only use(but even this is a stretch) would be to use Haven and Armageddon while your griffins are diving.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 13 Aug 2006, 14:09

the upgraded golems + some creature artifact that prevents damage from magic can prevent 90% of the damage easily. to bad gargoyls' resistance doesn't work.

seargentsavage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby seargentsavage » 16 Aug 2006, 00:47

thanks everyone, i appreciate your help. That did give me some uses, still seems difficult, but at least possible to use.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”