Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 03 Sep 2006, 17:27

dwarfs sucks, period

in all the games i have played the most boring tasteless, and stupid town was always the dwarfs town...but for the sake of the H5 tolkinishing they must have a town...ohhh man

what a waste of town slots MB and "art" efford...

hope the barbarian town will be better..
Tigrans forever!!!!meow!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 17:41

chaosgorgon wrote: in all the games i have played the most boring tasteless, and stupid town was always the dwarfs town...
Pft!Everyone knows that human faction is the most boring,the most bland,the most unoriginal one.At least dwarves have a specialty of a kind,and differ from game to game,while humans are always the same,take-a-bit-from-everyone-else race.*yawn*!

And as for the game development,I cannot go without praising galciv here:The game not only came out finished,and without an annoying copy protection(all you need is a key,and no cd),it also has excelent support.Ive noticed only one major bug in the game,and thats a memory leak when loading some saves.That one has been fixed in patches,which were very numerous and very usefull.Not only did they fix some minor glitches and inconsistencies,but they even further improved the AI(whoa 8| ),improved the UI,the tech tree,and many other aspect of the game.And they did it without screwing anything up!So **** micro$oft,ubi$oft,EA($oft)and any other $oft product!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 Sep 2006, 18:02

I feel a 'We want HARD' club comming up...

Seriously though, I feel like finally finishing my HoMM IV map pretty soon. It's basicly the same story, buggy game needs fixing from mapmakers.
Grah!

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 03 Sep 2006, 18:04

actually humans are better than dwarfs, they arent sooooo sloooooow -of course in the games i have played-, and when ur human u can say "hey im a crazy crusader", but with dwarf is..."hey im a little avaricious angry...little dude" :| , try to ask for example in AoW....human or dwarfs????....humans for sure, believe me, dwarfs are worse than humans

actually the dwarf faction is always a human "redone" faction....o preffer the original one

"Hey-Ho, Hey-Ho lalala" ......yes, yes here comes the dwarfs

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 03 Sep 2006, 18:32

I'll have to see some improvements and potential in some of the next patches before I think about shelling out more money to Ubisoft for the expansion..I'd rather have them wait additional months to have bug-free expansion(s), but I know they won't with the $$$ in their eyes..

But, hopefully, I'm wrong, and they add some amazing patches and expansions, along with a dazzling map editor. But based on the work I've seen Ubisoft do so far, I'm not getting my hopes up..

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 03 Sep 2006, 18:46

I can't believe you people still got hope for this game! Guess the saying is true after all. "Hope is the last which dies"....

For every bit of disappointing news I laugh and feel sorry for you people. And what kind of news comes from Nival except disappointing ones..?

Simultaneous turns and mapeditor....sim turns is pushed to the expansion which pisses you off. What would you say if the mapeditor will also require you to get the expansion? :D I'm thinking that it will be the act that will make most people here completely lose faith in Ubisoft/Nival and not buy the expansion.

chaosgorgon wrote:actually humans are better than dwarfs, they arent sooooo sloooooow -of course in the games i have played-, and when ur human u can say "hey im a crazy crusader", but with dwarf is..."hey im a little avaricious angry...little dude" :| , try to ask for example in AoW....human or dwarfs????....humans for sure, believe me, dwarfs are worse than humans

actually the dwarf faction is always a human "redone" faction....o preffer the original one
Dwarves in Age of Wonders were quite charismatic and powerful (but a little slow though). Their Berserkers and Crossbowmen were powerful!

Boar riders had better resistance and hitpoints then other cavalry but were a little slower (32mp isntead of 40mp)

Enginers was absolutely great though! 8 attack, 6 damage 10 defense, 8 resistance and 32mp! Add in Fire Pistol, Sabotage, Repair Machine, Cave Crawling, Mountaineering, Night Vision and Poison Protection and you got a solid shooter that moves quickly in the underground that are able to both blow up walls and enemy machines and repair your own! :hoo:

You've obviously never seen a Steam Tank with 4 RuneMasters and 3 Enginers destroying everything in their path ;) (And when their defending a town or watchtower....brrrr :S Good luck conquering that!)
Last edited by Campaigner on 03 Sep 2006, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 03 Sep 2006, 19:19

hahaha, come on man, dwarfs were/are pretty suckier in AoW2, what i have seen is a lot of dwarfs killed in action.....and many friends that have said "dawrfs??noooway" :devil:

steam tanks sucks, try the human air galley rush with a knight drop....that rocks -the best of all was the forceship of the syrons-

the only good unit is the bersekers, but low lvl units are better for a rush , not good for dwarfs, and taking towns with runes and engis is suicide, runes had only 24 mps

anyway let that to other thread...or forum, the fact is that dwarves never were popular -if u say otherwise, man ur a dwarf fan-, for popular races go to tigrans draconians or archons, what i know is that humans were more popular than dwarfs (ouch!), i preffer halflings tha dwafs (2ble ouch!!)

dwarfs as concept are equal boring -or worse- as humans, so why bother with only "little-angry" humans??
Last edited by chaosgorgon on 03 Sep 2006, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 03 Sep 2006, 19:30

did you just say "dwarves never were popular -if u say otherwise, man ur a dwarf fan-"?

the sheer wrongness of that sentence makes me flinch
There isn't a single person I know that doesn't like dwarves, and a whole lot, including me, that absolutely love them. I've neer played AoW, but the Warhammer dwarves are the ones I revere:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/dwarfs/min ... gallery/3/
http://uk.games-workshop.com/dwarfs/min ... gallery/4/
http://uk.games-workshop.com/dwarfs/min ... gallery/8/
http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/ ... 6_ex02.jpg
http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/ ... 006_04.jpg
http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/ ... 006_05.jpg

dwarves rock my friend...

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 03 Sep 2006, 19:35

im talking about AoW....im not a fan of DD or warhammer games, never have played that , and i think that heroes never was based in that stuff

and well i already knows ppl that hates dwarfs including the heroes 2-3-4 dwarfs ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 20:24

Saying that no one likes dwarves is as saying that no one likes fish.There are people that love dwarves,and people that hate them.Same goes for elves,halflings,or any other race.Personally,I think that any race other then human is nice.And I love elves.Well,most elves,that is.Im not too keen about these long eared HV elves.Although,those dominatrix dungeon elves are....*kahm*,thats off topic :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 20:35

chaosgorgon wrote:iim not a fan of D&D or warhammer games, never have played that , and i think that heroes never was based in that stuff
Please, Gorgons as cows, six-armed half snake women, Paladins in shiny armour... HoMM was most definatly based on D&D. And WH was based on D&D too. Actualy most video ganes were.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 21:34

I do like dwarves, but I would honestly like to see them get some great bonuses when underground and/or fighting on hilly (mountain) terrains. Would fit better with the mythos, just as I would like to see dark elves gain bonus fighting underground and/or dark areas (like necropolipse areas which should be shrouded in darkness as undead hate light).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 21:37

Undead dont hate light.Its just vampires that are affected by sunlight.The rest are indiferent.Especially the mindless zombies and skeletons.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 03 Sep 2006, 21:53

i can neither confirm nor deny that there will be a second race aswell as dwarves in the expansion.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 21:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:Undead dont hate light.Its just vampires that are affected by sunlight.
Ahem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula#Al ... ther_works
It is also notable in the novel that Dracula can walk about in the daylight, in bright sunshine, though apparently without the ability to use most of his powers, like turning into mist or a bat. He is still strong and fast enough to struggle with and escape from most of his male pursuers, in a scene in the book. Traditional vampire folklore does not usually hold that sunlight is fatal to vampires though they are nocturnal. It is only with the film Nosferatu that the daylight is first depicted as deadly to vampires.
@Paradox:
How paradoxical...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 22:04

ThunderTitan wrote:
It is also notable in the novel that Dracula can walk about in the daylight, in bright sunshine, though apparently without the ability to use most of his powers, like turning into mist or a bat. He is still strong and fast enough to struggle with and escape from most of his male pursuers, in a scene in the book. Traditional vampire folklore does not usually hold that sunlight is fatal to vampires though they are nocturnal. It is only with the film Nosferatu that the daylight is first depicted as deadly to vampires.
He still is affected by it,although not killing him.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 22:18

DaemianLucifer wrote: He still is affected by it,although not killing him.
That depends on how you interpret his abilities. I haven't read the book, but in one of the movies Van Helsing shows off with a sorta teleportation trick and claims most of Dracula's powers are more on account of him being around 4 a long time then vampiric gifts.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 04 Sep 2006, 04:17

thanks paradox
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Sep 2006, 05:07

Traditionally undead gain power under the cloak of night. They don't like sunlight, but that does not mean it will destroy them. I mispoke and meant more of holy light. Yes vampires didn't start out dying in sunlight, but that is now the normal way of dispersing them (maybe not correctly :)) Age now determains if they survive in sunlight and what it typically takes to get rid of them. The older they are the stronger. Now there are some exceptional vampires (ie Lestat via Interview with a vampire and such), who gain much power from other ways. I know all this is way off topic and I appologize. Hate to ask again but any news about 1.3 or expansion?? :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 04 Sep 2006, 05:21

there was some in the Where is the Map Editor thread .... check that, but from memory it was something like September sometime and yes the editor will come with patch 1.3
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”