Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 01 Sep 2006, 22:43

what JJ just told us is a list of alternate upgraes for the Haven town, so there are only alternatives for the upgrades, not all of the units. Also, he still hasn't said whether this is a campaign-only feature or not, I think it is as it would be unfair for other towns if they didn't have alternative upgrades as well. So we still don't know whether you're right or not.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 01 Sep 2006, 22:59

well at least i guessed right , sorry for the complex of superiority i got, but i really ifnd this new feature absolutely cool if it is MP too and for every town ....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2006, 23:21

GuythatgotpwnedbyHobbits wrote: But the info about elemental genies was NOT found in D&D!
Nope, they were made by a bunch of european alchemists for some weird pseudo-mythological purpose. Like i said, genie comes from latin for spirit, so only europeans used it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 02 Sep 2006, 01:27

DaemianLucifer wrote:If you check the early concept art youll see that these "new" heaven units arent new at all.In fact,I think thats how they looked in the beta(well,at least thats how the inquisitor looked like).So they just picked up what they already had.
inquistors, champions, and archers are same as concepts (except for a few small changes), but i think others are new.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 02 Sep 2006, 03:20

especially angels ...
I was wondering another thing, Nival said renegade will be purchasable in dwelling on the world map ... are we or not speaking about renegade here ???

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 02 Sep 2006, 04:25

these units (as i understand it) are called "Renegades", but their role in the campaign story is not that of actual renegades.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 02 Sep 2006, 04:29

ok soooo are the units purchasable in extern dwelling these weird haven red units or other .. anyone knows ???

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 02 Sep 2006, 08:04

I am a little fascinated about something. As many of you may know, in my thread about new towns I proposed a few new towns. What amazes me is, I must have been somewhat psychic *giggles*. I proposed a town with new type of magic, low and behold...they use rune magic. I proposed a alternate Haven type and would you believe it..it is there also. Of course they didn't take my ideas, they were probably working on it long before my posts. I had no way of knowing this; however, which is kinda interesting. Can't wait for 1.3 and expansion :).

Oh and there ideas were not exactly like mine either, but close enough to raise a few eyebrows hehe. (Tongue in cheek) Maybe they beamed there ideas into my dreams lol. Anyhow enough silliness back to my new ideas :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 02 Sep 2006, 08:13

soupnazii wrote:theres no chimera that i know of except in a creature listing that was supposedly leaked from ubi but actually had all the wrong creatures.
Oh i see, didn't have internet access for nearly two weeks so i rather rushingly scanned over the new infos and posts...
soupnazii wrote: and why would you want mountain goats? isnt there enough Warcraft in this game already?
This... thing in WIII appeared rather like a mix between a goat and a stag for me.... but nevertheless.... i would have liked a goat for dwarven mount... but the mammoth deserves well too.
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 08:47

The red units are going to replace the haven in the story,while the original haven is going to be renegades.At least that makes sense.

Also,the peasant looks like its concept arat,and the fallen angel doesnt look new at all.It just got some red colour on itself.Big deal.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 02 Sep 2006, 15:32

angel and griffin are just repainted, all others are using same models from beta/concept art and some are repainted as well.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 03 Sep 2006, 14:18

anyway, does someone knows for sure the exact release date ??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 14:23

I dont know the exact date,but I can pinpoint it to the last week of this year.Of course,same as patch 1.3,this year is extended and it ends when the expansion comes out,naturally :devil:

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Sep 2006, 14:44

You make a terrible mistake here: patches are for free whereas the addon will earn them money. So actually there are two clear-cut things:
1) The addon will be published November 30th at the latest, no matter what, because it will earn money.
2) To guarantee a maximum of possible sales the patch with the map editor must be out some time before this, I'd say a month at least to have user-made maps out and a general interest as high as possible.
Now, November 30th would actually be a rather late date, since Xmas and holiday season and so on actually starts earlier, about 2 weeks earlier. So my personal guess would be November 16th as a publishing date with the map editor coming within two weeks time from now on.
To add another prediction. I bet there will be another patch out (1.4) prior to the publishing of the addon, and I'm prepared to bet money on it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 15:02

Ah,right,money.The reason why HV came out this bugged.Personaly,I think they are using a wrong approach:While the game should be postponed as long as possible,in order for it to come out finished,the patches should come out as soon as possible.I know money is the main drive here,but there should be an optimal release date for a game,not release it as soon as possible.Though the internet brought patches are a good think,I think the developers are abusing them to do a sloppy job.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 03 Sep 2006, 15:23

Though the internet brought patches are a good think,I think the developers are abusing them to do a sloppy job.
They have been learning from the best... Micro$oft :devil:

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 03 Sep 2006, 15:26

well, thats the process of games these days.

Release game 1 year before it should be released, sloppy and bugged.
Patch the game for a year.
After 1 year game is somewhat stable and bug free, yet nobody plays it anymore because it took so long to get right.
Release sloppy/bugged expansion pack halfway through to recoup sales losses from the original game being bugged/sloppy.
Release second expansion at the end of the year to milk the game for all its worth.
In 1 year begin work on the next title in the series, to begin the process allover again.

well, heroes 5 anyway...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Sep 2006, 15:43

Paulus1 wrote:
Though the internet brought patches are a good think,I think the developers are abusing them to do a sloppy job.
They have been learning from the best... Micro$oft :devil:
Completely agree here.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 Sep 2006, 16:07

Yeah kinda makes you wish Bill Gates hadn't made the first universal OS
Grah!

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 03 Sep 2006, 17:19

Paradox wrote:well, thats the process of games these days.

Release game 1 year before it should be released, sloppy and bugged.
Patch the game for a year.
After 1 year game is somewhat stable and bug free, yet nobody plays it anymore because it took so long to get right.
Release sloppy/bugged expansion pack halfway through to recoup sales losses from the original game being bugged/sloppy.
Release second expansion at the end of the year to milk the game for all its worth.
In 1 year begin work on the next title in the series, to begin the process allover again.

well, heroes 5 anyway...
I'd say it went even further in heroes 5. It's not only sloppy and bugged but the game is also lacking many promised game features. Map editor and simultaneous turns anyone? I can't believe they are not releasing the simultaneous turn features in a patch and are waiting for the expansion. Such money grubbing really pisses me off and makes me dislike nival. AS IF I'm going to buy their next game.

Sheesh if you're going to make an expansion at least support your sloppy game half decently or you're not going to sell anything. I am still upset that I gave nival 60 dollars for this hunk of junk(the game itself is nice but the lack of a map editor and simultaneous turns KILLS the game since multi is unplayable without them).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”