Artifacts: More, less, or what?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you want more artifacts in Heroes 5?

Yes, as soon as possible! In the next patch!
30%
Yes, but it can wait for an expansion or a later patch.
55%
It would be nice, but I'm not complaining.
11%
No, we don't need more artifacts.
2%
No, Ubi has enough on their hands. Maybe when they're done.
2%

Total votes: 53

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Artifacts: More, less, or what?

Unread postby soupnazii » 09 Aug 2006, 15:58

I know about the other thread that was just put up, but i thought a poll was in place. I think i covered all the options...

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 09 Aug 2006, 16:23

It's a minor issue right now, as there are certainly more important things I'd rather see fixed before it. But, sure, I'd like to see some improvements to artifacts added in a future patch or expansion..So, I'll go with that option..

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Aug 2006, 16:54

It can wait for expansions,though more artifacts are indeed needed.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 09 Aug 2006, 17:14

As long as they are coming, I'm not particular about when.

Note that they fixed the missing descriptions in 1.1.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 09 Aug 2006, 19:31

I agree that it is important, but there are just too many things I want to see before they even look into this issue.

Come to think of it, there is one option that I think is missing. I would like to see this addressed in a future patch not in the/an expansion.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 09 Aug 2006, 19:53

I voted yes, but it can wait. While I definitely want more and most definitely want combination artifacts (all the Dwarven ones can go together and all the Sar-Issus ones can go together), it's something that can wait until more important things are fixed.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 09 Aug 2006, 20:01

I 100% agree with the majority:

A lot more artifacts (and the possibility of artifacts combining) are indeed needed.

However, in the game's current state, there are simply many more important things to be fixed/added.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 09 Aug 2006, 21:12

another poll needs to be made aout cobination artifacts.

djtc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby djtc » 10 Aug 2006, 01:25

[quote="berntie]A lot more artifacts (and the possibility of artifacts combining) are indeed needed.
However, in the game's current state, there are simply many more important things to be fixed/added.[/quote]

Agree. Has to be done, but not n#1 in the list for sure.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 10 Aug 2006, 07:21

There are over 70 artifacts in the game right now plus the Wands and scrolls. I think, the problem is right now, that on too many maps there are too many minor artifacts placed and not enough major ones because a lot of the artifacts are falling into the "major" category. So that means you'll get a plethora of the same dozen or so minor artifacts in the course of one game which leads to the belief that there are not enough artifacts. There are, definitely, but you don't get to see them, is the problem here.

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 10 Aug 2006, 13:24

I didn't vote because while I do think more artifacts would be nice, I think they need to add a couple miscellaneous spots first.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 10 Aug 2006, 13:25

Jolly Joker wrote:There are over 70 artifacts in the game right now plus the Wands and scrolls. I think, the problem is right now, that on too many maps there are too many minor artifacts placed and not enough major ones because a lot of the artifacts are falling into the "major" category. So that means you'll get a plethora of the same dozen or so minor artifacts in the course of one game which leads to the belief that there are not enough artifacts. There are, definitely, but you don't get to see them, is the problem here.
I think one of the big problems is that when a game is created H5 doesn't do anything to minimize the number of duplicates in the game.

IIRC there are 26 minor artifacts in the game. Lets say that you're on a map with 6 factions and each faction has 4 random minor artifacts in it's area. This is a total of 24 minors on the map. When the game is created H5 should ensure that each of those minors are unique.

What happens now though is, by chance, you'll see a 3-5 of several artifacts and may not see half of the possibilities in the game.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Aug 2006, 16:49

Voted nr.2

It would be great as said, but I can wait a bit longer.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Aug 2006, 14:55

Two more requests: More artifact options for Academy and a tool for creating custom artifacts.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Aug 2006, 15:55

We need more artifacts, but it can wait a bit until they take care of other things. #2.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Dark Matter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dark Matter » 14 Aug 2006, 09:22

More please.
Vote #1
There so many possibilities that items can do.
--Under constuction--

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Aug 2006, 10:00

bring it on - more artifacts as soon as possible please

Return to “Heroes V-VI”