AI seems to be in endless loop

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ozymandias
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

AI seems to be in endless loop

Unread postby Ozymandias » 03 Aug 2006, 18:29

Playing the Sylvan campaign, last scenario (The Vampire Lord). Twice now, the game has stalled completely during the Teal player turn. The progress indicator stops between a quarter and third of the way along, and there it sits -- forever, as far as I can tell. The music continues, the background animation continues, the game does not appear to have crashed; but nothing more happens.

My best guess is that the AI has gotten into an endless loop.

When I say twice, I mean in two separate game situations. Actually, the stall appears to be repeatable. The first time, I restored three times from the last save before the stall point. Every time, when I finished my turn and the Teal player turn started, it stalled at exactly the same point in the progress indicator.

Has anyone else run into this?
Ozymandias

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Yo

Unread postby Sathasarus » 03 Aug 2006, 22:46

nah it's just lag... sometimes that happens to me but not that long cause I got a pretty fast machine... any game that u play with atleast 5 or 6 other computers will eventually lag towards the end on a player... u honestly just gotta wait it out... max time for me was like 4 minutes so if ur computer sux try giving it 10 :) I also try to save it and reboot my pc when that happens but still get delays when i enter and end my turn..

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 03 Aug 2006, 23:05

Yes, this has happened to me once in War of the Worlds map. I had the exact same problem. I listed it in bugs and it is in there now.

SmokeyTheBear
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SmokeyTheBear » 04 Aug 2006, 02:30

I posted about this in the main Buglist thread. It seems to be related to the Instant Travel spell on AI heroes. Try loading your game, using the cheat for infinite movement and kill off the enemy heroes who are level 15 or higher.
If that allows the computer to end its turn properly, which it did for me, then it probably IS related to the AI using Instant Travel.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 04 Aug 2006, 04:25

I've had the same error before [Rise to Power Map]. I got around it by reloading and doing a TP. Once I got into a different state the AI never got back into the infinite loop state.

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 04 Aug 2006, 06:33

I had the sam problem, i wrote it in some other thread, same map, 3 games in a row when computer reaches certain problem. Problem is in old versions of mods you have in your data folder, i reinstaled heroes+ patch1.2 and put in only 1.2 compatible mods and now that mission works ok
-System of a down-

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Aug 2006, 06:43

That in some way gave a thought, can the ai also use the modded creatures, like say hiring blood/death knights?

BTW Ozy, in which patch occured this? Or is this just a thing any version of the game can cause?

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 04 Aug 2006, 07:34

Only version 1.2 with incompatible mods in data folder...
-System of a down-

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Aug 2006, 09:56

I see....well modders could update their mods so they fit with 1.2 or even better wait and see if 1.3 is compatible with mods as 1.0 and 1.1 where. So they dont have to update twice if that will be the outfall of the patch, due to incompability.

quolo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby quolo » 04 Aug 2006, 18:12

This also happens to me with a patched and completely unmodded version.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 05 Aug 2006, 14:15

quolo wrote:This also happens to me with a patched and completely unmodded version.
Same here .. completely patched & unmodded so I doubt that mods have a lot to do with it.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”