Warlock Campaign - The Cultists

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Warlock Campaign - The Cultists

Unread postby theGryphon » 03 Aug 2006, 07:22

I'm playing on heroic and having problems in the Cultists map. AI heroes are very strong and they never end. I cannot secure both of my heroes, Realag and Shadya. Actually Lethos kept kicking my butt. I played twice and gave up. I could use some help ;)
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby GatorG » 03 Aug 2006, 11:32

Lethos is the key. If you can keep him off your butt long enough. I've been able to beat this map twice, but with certain bit of luck. First time I ran like a little school girl to the castle nearest the dragon utopia (in a round about manner and Lethos didn't come for me. I was left alone in this castle until I could slowly wipe out the strong heroes and expand.

The second time I was able to take the first castle and Lethos garrisoned in the second castle. He finally came after me and I had to run to the castle nearest the dragon utopia, but he left me alone again.

The reason I try to get the town nearest the dragon utopia is to take the dragon utopia and get the spoils when I'm strong enough. This is the short and sweet version, but there are ways to survive this map.

Note - I had to replay savegames many times and barely survived many times.

G (-:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 16:08

In my last game (1.1 heroic) Lethos actually took the Dragon Utopia within 2 weeks. When I faced him on the battlefield I was treated by Implisions one after one. :S

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Aug 2006, 16:20

Ive won this one on hard by splitting my armies and while shadya watched the two castles on the islad,raelag went conquering.The hard thing is that Ive never beaten lethos.He always ran,and always attacked me again and again. :(

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 03 Aug 2006, 17:21

@ GatorG
Are you talking about a heroic setting? I think they made heroic too damn tough to beat. But I'll give it another try. Thanks.

Btw, there's no keeping him off, he drops in on day 9 or 10. I killed 4 level 22 heroes, including the Demon Lord, and my army was worn out so badly. I'll try running. It's just so frustating...

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 17:41

I find the initial waves a bit tough and you have to use your full force on Raelag (inherent mass slow) to minimize your loss. After Lethos you can send Raelag out with just Deep Hydras and Minotaur guards, and take over everything with spells.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 03 Aug 2006, 17:48

maltz wrote:I find the initial waves a bit tough and you have to use your full force on Raelag (inherent mass slow) to minimize your loss. After Lethos you can send Raelag out with just Deep Hydras and Minotaur guards, and take over everything with spells.
The problem is there is no "after Lethos". After him, it's the apocalypse :S

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 18:17

Lethos is probably the 2nd or 3rd major Dungeon hero that comes to you (there is a Y something white cat woman that usually arrives earlier). So if you manage to keep most troops intact in the first few fights, you should be fine against Lethos. Didn't you kill off most of his armies with your spells? I don't see how Lethos can be so lethal? 8|

However, when I use Shadya to face Lethos with all I have, I lost horribly. Raelag is the man.

By the way, you do have expert Destrictive with empowered meteor shower and implosion, right? Without them your life will be miserable in this and the next mission on heroic.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 03 Aug 2006, 18:34

I don't have the Implosion. It just didn't show up 8|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Aug 2006, 19:00

When I started I had just advanced destruction with raelag,but expert with shadya(and implosion).Btw,is the spell you get at the utopia always the same one?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 21:30

Without implosion is probably fine here as when you face a larger force, you always meteor shower / chain lightning to go for a quick win.

I have never visited the same Utopia twice, so I don't know whether it always offers the same spell. However, I always learn something from it (if I have lv 5 spells not learned yet), so I suppose it will look for the spells that you missed and give you those.

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 04 Aug 2006, 06:49

DaemianLucifer wrote:When I started I had just advanced destruction with raelag,but expert with shadya(and implosion).Btw,is the spell you get at the utopia always the same one?
Nop, craeatures and reward from dragon utopia is always random, check out new manual for details...
-System of a down-

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby GatorG » 04 Aug 2006, 11:18

yeah, I've beaten it on Heroic twice (once on 1.1 and once on 1.2). it's a tough battle for sure but beatable. you just have to figure out the AI's strategy/tendancies.

first time i beat them i ran the whole time (knocking off and losing castles) until i found the town next to the dragon utopia and was able to get enough time to beat them. lethos ran to the nw town and stayed there...perhaps scripted to protect it.

second time i stayed in the area and lethos (he didn't get to me before the other heroes first) garrisoned the second town. i kept knocking off the bought heroes so he would stay there. after a while he decided to come for me, but by that time i had stayed alive enough to kill all the other heroes that came calling. so, i ran from him to the dragon utopia and he garrisoned the first castle.

the s.w. castle isn't built up enough to take or that would be a good one. i haven't had to worry about it attacking and i usually try and take it or the middle one next after the dragon utopia castle.

savegames are your friends in this map. you may find yourself reloading an earlier savegame. G (-:

edit - my experience with the dragon utopia on this map is that it will give you the high level spell(s) in your magic(s), gp, a lot of resources in one resource, and some artifacts. it's worth it to get it when you can. the fight isn't that tough when you have a good enough army.

i kinda chuckle to run across lethos with implosion...i'd probably be pounding my computer desk...lol...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Aug 2006, 13:06

Well I got the same spell from that utopia with both raelag and shadya.(I think it was TP,not sure though).And I got implosion with shadya on the previous map.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2006, 15:50

This is a duplicate, by the way. Please go here for discussion on the Cultists.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”