Dungeon Campaign ---> The last game...help please!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

Jaja11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Aug 2006

Dungeon Campaign ---> The last game...help please!

Postby Jaja11 » Aug 1 2006, 6:48

Hi all!

I'm new here, but have been lurking around the past 2 weeks :)

I need help with the last game in the Dungeon campaign; is there any way to avoid Grawl once I reach the surface near the Demon's place??

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 20021
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Postby Kalah » Aug 1 2006, 10:28

You should kick his kaboose. :creative:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 50
Joined: 07 Jun 2006

Postby GatorG » Aug 1 2006, 11:20

He only comes for you when you surface. So, if it worries you, surface with full movement points on both heroes and head west. He may not come for you if you're not in his "range" and you should be able to avoid him even if he follows you. G (-:

User avatar
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Location: France - Metz

Postby TomVenom » Aug 1 2006, 12:28

When you surface in the middle south of the map , there is a church within you can rest. It is located at 2 days of walking, approximatively , in the NW of the exit of the underground.
you have two rest in for 2 or 3 days.

Jaja11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Aug 2006

Postby Jaja11 » Aug 1 2006, 12:42

Kalah wrote:You should kick his kaboose. :creative:


I would if I could! :hoo:

User avatar
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Location: France - Metz

Postby TomVenom » Aug 1 2006, 12:47

Jaja11 wrote:
Kalah wrote:You should kick his kaboose. :creative:


I would if I could! :hoo:


does someone has succeeded to kick him ?

User avatar
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 562
Joined: 16 Jun 2006
Location: maltz

Postby maltz » Aug 1 2006, 12:54

TomVenom wrote:does someone has succeeded to kick him ?


Yeah. If you get a better army tham him, he actually hides inside his castle.

How much army did you lose before surfacing?

User avatar
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Location: France - Metz

Postby TomVenom » Aug 1 2006, 13:04

maltz wrote:
TomVenom wrote:does someone has succeeded to kick him ?


Yeah. If you get a better army tham him, he actually hides inside his castle.

How much army did you lose before surfacing?



Actually, I suffered no big losses during the trip in the undergrounds.
But I just was unable to raise a sufficiently large army to kick him correctly as it deserves him. :)

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 50
Joined: 07 Jun 2006

Postby GatorG » Aug 1 2006, 13:19

I've beat him, but didn't have much of an army left.

G (-:

User avatar
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 562
Joined: 16 Jun 2006
Location: maltz

Postby maltz » Aug 1 2006, 13:22

I've heard people reporting Grawl carrying 44 archdevils etc. only in week 3 month 1. In my game (1.1 heroic) he was much weaker than that.

Since the inferno towns are fully-built you can expect 2 archdevils etc. every week. If you wait for too long then he is going to become quite difficult.

User avatar
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Location: France - Metz

Postby TomVenom » Aug 1 2006, 13:36

maltz wrote:I've heard people reporting Grawl carrying 44 archdevils etc. only in week 3 month 1. In my game (1.1 heroic) he was much weaker than that.

Since the inferno towns are fully-built you can expect 2 archdevils etc. every week. If you wait for too long then he is going to become quite difficult.


you're absolutely right.
I only played in "normal" difficulty ( what a shame I know :D ), and I didn't lose so much time, but he was really really well armed...

User avatar
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 562
Joined: 16 Jun 2006
Location: maltz

Postby maltz » Aug 1 2006, 13:58

Are you using patch 1.1? Another possibility (other than a bug) is that there are quite a few large neutral stacks surrounding the inferno towns. Some of the neutrals may be willing to join the AI because they are scripted to, or the AI is rich enough to trigger "joining for money". The AIs are always rich. :D

Jaja11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Aug 2006

Postby Jaja11 » Aug 1 2006, 14:06

TomVenom wrote:When you surface in the middle south of the map , there is a church within you can rest. It is located at 2 days of walking, approximatively , in the NW of the exit of the underground.
you have two rest in for 2 or 3 days.


Everyone, thanks for the pointers. Raelag managed to reach the borders, but then nothing happened. Does this means that both he and Shadya must make the journey?

I need anyone's help real quick coz I can't stand it any longer!!! I must win! :S

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 20021
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Postby Kalah » Aug 1 2006, 14:22

Yeah, I had some problems there... They do need to be there, both of them. Take Shadya and Raelag to the boarder, and the map ends.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

User avatar
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 11282
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: City 17

Postby DaemianLucifer » Aug 1 2006, 14:28

TomVenom wrote:does someone has succeeded to kick him ?


I succeded in beating all of the infernos :devil: You just forget everything and go straight for the three inferno towns.Use the garnisons(there are those that can be passed without much losses)and not the underground.Shadya should come allong to flag mines,so you can buy the underground creatures later.

User avatar
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Location: France - Metz

Postby TomVenom » Aug 1 2006, 15:12

Jaja11 wrote:
TomVenom wrote:When you surface in the middle south of the map , there is a church within you can rest. It is located at 2 days of walking, approximatively , in the NW of the exit of the underground.
you have two rest in for 2 or 3 days.


Everyone, thanks for the pointers. Raelag managed to reach the borders, but then nothing happened. Does this means that both he and Shadya must make the journey?

I need anyone's help real quick coz I can't stand it any longer!!! I must win! :S


yep, it's exactly what you have to do : bring Shadya with Raelag. I have been quite surprised when nothing happened whereas Raelag reached the border.

User avatar
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Location: France - Metz

Postby TomVenom » Aug 1 2006, 15:14

DaemianLucifer wrote:
TomVenom wrote:does someone has succeeded to kick him ?


I succeded in beating all of the infernos :devil: You just forget everything and go straight for the three inferno towns.Use the garnisons(there are those that can be passed without much losses)and not the underground.Shadya should come allong to flag mines,so you can buy the underground creatures later.


ok thanx a lot, I will retry it ( in a much difficult level ) using your startegy.

Jaja11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Aug 2006

Postby Jaja11 » Aug 1 2006, 15:42

Kalah wrote:Yeah, I had some problems there... They do need to be there, both of them. Take Shadya and Raelag to the boarder, and the map ends.


Won at last! *yippee* Had to wait underground for ages before finally getting the chance to dash for the border. Just wanna finish up the remaining campaign fast...I don't know bout anyone, but I find thast the campaign's storyline is quite intriquing...

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23266
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Aug 1 2006, 16:02

I beat all the Inferno's using Quick Combat only. And then i reloaded because i didn't see the way around the penultimate garrisson.... lucky for me that i kept the save game, coz going through the underground lost me too many troops.


And the story is less intriguing if you managed to figure it out long before the game came out.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Image


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests