T_T whered my dread knight go... ..... ... T_T

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jetrel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

T_T whered my dread knight go... ..... ... T_T

Unread postby Jetrel » 28 Jul 2006, 17:44

theres only one problem i have with this game... and thats the necropolis dont have dread knights... ive seen them randomly pop up in the necro campains but ive yet to find a way to produce them...
and whats the deal with their replacement anyways... seems to be kinda weak yea? i dont know... the undead seem to have nerfed units... the only HUGE thing that makes up for it is the skeleton archer machines known as necromancers... one map i had 6k skele archers... :D

are there any redeeming factors of any undead units? they all seem hella weak. im missing the upgraded dragon ability too.. it halved the attacked enemys hp or something.. forgot what its called

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Jul 2006, 18:04

Here dude viewtopic.php?t=2608

All the info you need about this nice mod for Black Knight fans ;)
It works with any version on the game, I was able to check if it worked with 1.2 before I uninstalled the game and only added 1.1. And it does, no problem for that BK mod and 1.2 cooperating.

Enjoy

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2006, 18:07

You can add Black Knights by using Arstahd's mod, go here to find it.

I find that the strength of Necropolis lies in numbers and bad spells. Necromancy gives you a real boost, and having undead troops makes the Raise Dead spell all the more powerful since you get to keep the troops after combat. Top that off with the cursing spells, and you have a competitive faction.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Jul 2006, 18:15

Well kalah, I just gave him the needed link to that mod... ;)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2006, 19:17

So I see - just a couple of minutes before me... :hoo:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marine OKeefe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Marine OKeefe » 28 Jul 2006, 23:43

How do you think I feel? My whole faction "Might" was completely removed from the game completely!

Maybe it will be in an expansion!
"Praised be Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour"
"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Jul 2006, 23:47

and here i thought the magic faction had disappeared

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jul 2006, 02:07

hehem... ACADEMY???

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 02:12

okay, let me change that to magic in general .... might seems to win the day for basically every faction, it's a nice to have for dungeon with empowered spells though

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jul 2006, 02:17

so you're saying that magic is spread around in all factions, instead of concentrated into one? i still dont know whats to complain about, you still have the academy...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 02:31

nope what I'm saying (echoing i suppose) is the complaint of many that Heroes of Might and Magic, could more easily be called Heroes of Might and Might, since magic seems to play a lesser role, I am aware however that this does depend a little on how you play the game .... one of the major reasons for that is that heroes can attack instead of only casting spells (and passively increasing troops stats) so it places a further emphasis on Might

Marine OKeefe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Marine OKeefe » 29 Jul 2006, 02:39

I still miss the Might faction, which was non-magical.
"Praised be Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour"
"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 03:00

indeed ... the stronghold was pretty cool i thought

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Jul 2006, 03:26

magic seems to play a lesser role...
whaaa?

-mass slow
-blindness
-implosion
-chain lightning

all still there as they were in homm IV, and if anything have an even larger effect now:

mass slow; I've seen the AI not get a turn for 3 of mine after the first turn this is cast. Fantastic if most of your army is ranged. the opponents just stand there looking at their feet while you pummel them over and over. Combine with Mass Haste.... well you get the idea.

-blindness; as in homm4, completey removes a stack from combat until you are ready to deal with it.

-implosion; again, same as homm4, a stack killer for sure.

-chain lightning; slight nerf; same damage, not as many targets, but now you can use it to "stun" the first struck, and the initiative impacts keep stacking every time you hit it.

nope, I disagree; magic is as strong now as ever.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 03:49

and you are welcome to do so Sir .... this is a discussion forum, i suppose i should state as well that i am still travelling thru the campaigns and haven't touched a scenario map yet, and this may change things a bit

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jul 2006, 04:02

first of all, dont say that everything is "just like in Heroes IV", because everything you said just now is also completely true for Heroes III. The fact that the spells are all still quite powerful (or at least some of them are) doesnt mean anything. spells always were and always wil be powerful. What stefan was talking about (or maybe im wrong) is that no magic overall takes a smaller role because of, well, all of his own reasons. personaly, i think that now niether might or magic take a stronger role. they have been sort of mishmashed together since you can no longer get a "might" or "magic" oriented hero. now its more like Heroes of Mightnmagic...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 05:11

good post

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 29 Jul 2006, 09:44

The reason I think magic takes a lesser role is the ridiculously low number of spells. There's a good chance that if you have two towns of the same faction, you'll be able to learn two complete schools plus a few extras. In Heroes III & expecially IV there was such a great diversity of spells, you could have an entire map with repeating spells.... That's exaggerating but you get the point...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jul 2006, 09:51

Sry to break the indeed interesting discussion, but isnt this a bit off topic ?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Jul 2006, 10:22

hmm, well both the infernal and the necro campaigns have heroes well suited to try some of the beefier magic skills with. give it a shot; if you think magic is still less important after that, fair enough.

example:

by the end of the second map of the necro camp, your primary hero should be level 20, and have 20 power too. Implosion does around a thousand plus damage at that level. fireball around 700, but if you have fire mastery, it also lowers the opponents defense by 50%.

if you go summoning instead of destructive magic, you can summon a veritable crapload of serious beasties (pheonixes, elementals, etc, - though they nerfed that down a bit with the latest patch). or firewall your enemies ala "diablo" style, and watch them cook for round after round.

Dark magic has the "hypnotize" spell now, and it works just like it did in H4. Heck, you can make a necromancer that doesn't even bother with any troops but raised ones, and deals with enemies with mostly magic instead.

lots of fun stuff to try with magic in this game if you haven't played around much with it yet.

oh, and don't forget the special feats you can get for combinations of various skills; some of those make magic even more useful.

cheers

Return to “Heroes V-VI”