1.2 cheats: newest command

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 13 Sep 2006, 02:13

Snook the Mighty wrote:Yeah but archery is a secondary of attack, or does it not matter as far as the program is concerned
It doesn't matter. Once all of the primary skill slots are allocated, no more skills (primary or otherwise) can be added.

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 13 Sep 2006, 10:05

Man that sucks, that means I can never get the oltimate skill now

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 13 Sep 2006, 13:29

Snook the Mighty wrote:Man that sucks, that means I can never get the oltimate skill now
I think you will be able to do it with the 1.3 patch. The old cheat codes, which are being reenabled in the patch, allowed you to add any skill at any time IIRC.

Snap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snap » 13 Sep 2006, 23:38

This isn't a cheat, but since so many people are interested in getting the skills they want for their hero, there is a harder, though more honest way to do it. You can mod the skill tree to exclude some skills and abilities, so that you are more likely to get the skills that you do want.

The files that you need to mod are:

GameMechanics\RefTables\Skills.xdb

and

GameMechanics\Skill\CommonSkills\Logistics\Navigation.xdb

(or whatever skill you want to disable under CommonSkills)

For example, to disable Navigation, find it in Skills.xdb and change these lines:

<SkillType>SKILLTYPE_SPECIAL_PERK</SkillType>
<HeroClass>HERO_CLASS_DEMON_LORD</HeroClass>

Now only demon heros can learn it (assuming your hero is not a demon).

You also need to make corresponding changes in Navigation.xdb.

You can also try other ways of disabling unwanted skills, like changing prerequisites.

The downside of this method is that I haven't found a way to make it affect only specific heroes, or even specific races: the change will affect all heroes in the game, including AI. But sometimes that's not a big issue.

I have also tried changing what I thought were the chances of getting skills under <AIRacesValues> in Skills.xdb, but I had less success with that.

The inability to get the skills that I wanted always frustrated me to no end, especially when playing the Academy faction. With Academy heroes it's almost impossible to get Offense, which I think has the best abilities for this faction, or Logistics, which is a must for everyone.

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 13 Sep 2006, 23:56

I've just learned the way which is used to activate the console in version 1.3:

"Go to My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Profiles* and then the profile I want to apply it to. Open the 'input.cfg' in NotePad, and add the line

bind show_console '`'

just beneath the

bind confirm_action 'NUM_ENTER'
-line"

This information is from the below thread at the official forum:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 020284/p/2

So far I haven't tested the cheats extensively, but at least the movement points cheat still works perfectly.
I guess the actual commands still work the way they did in version 1.2, it's just that one more file needs to be edited to activate the console.

* Of course the path name will be different for non-English systems.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 13 Sep 2006, 23:57

thanks joe.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Sep 2006, 01:16

I'll add my thanks Joe, this was one of my major concerns for when i move to 1.3
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”