Percentage chance to get offered skill

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Miroi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Percentage chance to get offered skill

Unread postby Miroi » 26 Jul 2006, 21:40

I have seen reference many times to the fact that certain skills are rarely offered to certain heroe types. For example, war machines is said to be rarely offered to Rangers. What I would like to know is where can I find these percentages?

Additionally, if you're playing single player, either the campaign and/or a just a random map, where you can save/load your game.... When do the skills you're offered at the next level up get set? I know if I complete exactly the same XP generating event I am always offered the same set of skills, but I don't know where/when the seed for that set of skills was determined. For example, if I fight a smaller fight first that will not level me up, then go back to that fight, will the skills I am offered be different?

Thanks in advance,

- Miroi

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jul 2006, 21:53

The random seed seems to be set at begining of each map for most things(like level up).As for percentages,you can always calculate them yourself,because nival releases nothing.

Sh33m4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Percentages

Unread postby Sh33m4 » 27 Jul 2006, 08:08

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/hints_eng.php

There you go. I found that site few weeks ago while randomly (yeah, really) browsing the net.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 27 Jul 2006, 09:20

nice site!
The random seed seems to be set at begining of each map for most things(like level up).As for percentages,you can always calculate them yourself,because nival releases nothing.
yeah, this is correct. also, when fighting battles twice, units will get luck and morale bonus at the same time it seems.

stiff_bg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stiff_bg » 27 Jul 2006, 11:28

stijn wrote:nice site!
yeah, this is correct. also, when fighting battles twice, units will get luck and morale bonus at the same time it seems.
This is totally uncorrect. I have replayed a lot of battles and I never get luck and morale at the same time of the battle.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jul 2006, 11:34

stiff_bg wrote: This is totally uncorrect. I have replayed a lot of battles and I never get luck and morale at the same time of the battle.
Thats because you play them differently.But if you play the same battle any number of times in a row,using exactly the same moves,the damage you do,the AIs behaviour,morale,luck,specials,everything that should be randim will happen exactly the same.Every time.I tried it lots of times,and always the same result.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 27 Jul 2006, 13:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:
stiff_bg wrote: This is totally uncorrect. I have replayed a lot of battles and I never get luck and morale at the same time of the battle.
Thats because you play them differently.But if you play the same battle any number of times in a row,using exactly the same moves,the damage you do,the AIs behaviour,morale,luck,specials,everything that should be randim will happen exactly the same.Every time.I tried it lots of times,and always the same result.
I can confirm this result, after restarting a battle but doing the same move on the first turn, it always hit luck.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Percentages

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 27 Jul 2006, 13:38

Sh33m4 wrote:http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/hints_eng.php

There you go. I found that site few weeks ago while randomly (yeah, really) browsing the net.
I wonder where those numbers came from.
Just looking at the values, my instinct says that the "8" entries should be 7.5, and the "2" entries should be 2.5.

Thus, there would be common skills (the 15s), uncommon (10s, which are 2/3 the 15), rare (7.5s, which are 1/2 the 15) and very rare (2.5s, which are 1/6 the 15)

Obviously, if the source for the percentages is the code, then the numbers as listed are correct, but if they come from empirical testing, then maybe not.

(I still recall the heroes 3 manual, where they truncated the decimals for the effect of defense, and listed it as a 2% damage reduction per point, rather than 2.5%- so even documentation may not be correct.)

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 27 Jul 2006, 15:23

Even changing the placement of creatures on the battlefield will change the numbers.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jul 2006, 15:34

juventas wrote:Even changing the placement of creatures on the battlefield will change the numbers.
No,it wont.It will just change AIs behaviour.If you put a single unit in front for cerberi to strike,no matter how you shuffle the back,that unit will receive the same damage.However,putting some unit in/out of the battle will change the numbers.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”