so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Marine OKeefe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Marine OKeefe » 26 Jul 2006, 16:58

I think the previous Squaresoft team that worked on FinalFantasy Tactics would be the ideal team to make the next HoMM game. Their storyline was the best.
"Praised be Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour"
"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Jul 2006, 17:01

yeah sure let them take over the franchise, wouldnt be any sign of anime/manga in those homm games at all :rolleyes:

Marine OKeefe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Marine OKeefe » 26 Jul 2006, 17:02

FFT didnt use an Anime/Manga art style, it was a pretty unique style and the graphics sure as hell looked better then what was used in the previous HoMM games.

and since when did graphics matter in teh HoMM series? :|
"Praised be Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour"
"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jul 2006, 18:18

Why do you people continually devide the fans into HIII and HIV fanboys?What about those like me that like both of those sequels?Did we suddenly become incompetent because we think both games are great?Is there some rule that we must choose?That liking one excludes liking the other?I think most of this forums consist of people that are just like that:They like both HIII and HIV(and probably HII and HI,and M&M,and....)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jul 2006, 18:40

juventas wrote:I was about to say the same thing, except I realized that Tactics was all about combat and little about resource management.
Which is probably why it's called Tactics. :devil:

and since when did graphics matter in teh HoMM series?
For me the art style does matter. The engine not so much. But i can ignore both, even if my enjoyment would be lessened.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 26 Jul 2006, 18:43

What about those *beep* that like both of those sequels?
We don`t exist, move along.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 26 Jul 2006, 23:02

Marine OKeefe wrote:FFT didnt use an Anime/Manga art style, it was a pretty unique style and the graphics sure as hell looked better then what was used in the previous HoMM games.

and since when did graphics matter in teh HoMM series? :|
"Looked better" is purely opinion. But anime art style is pretty varied. Sure, it's not "pop" anime art, but it is certainly anime, or at least anime-influenced. Where do you think they got that whole "no nose" deal? I can't think of many other art styles that de-emphasize the nose as much as anime.

ThunderTitan wrote:Which is probably why it's called Tactics. :devil:
Thanks for pointing out something I said I realized. But yes, you're right, art DOES matter, no matter what you think. It may be at a subconscious level for some people, but I guarantee you it's there. Art and mechanics are usually separate issues anyway, so it's not like you can't have one without the other (unless you're hiring ridiculously expensive artists or designers). It's a matter of design decision to make the art the way it is.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jul 2006, 23:13

juventas wrote: Thanks for pointing out something I said I realized.
Ahem.... :disagree: :devious: :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”