so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
imnotdanny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

so... who would u rather have to take over the HOMM series

Unread postby imnotdanny » 25 Jul 2006, 18:17

seeing as nival's a buncha half-assed incompetent clowns, which developer do u trust enough to to have them take over the HOMM series and not messed it up? excluding 3do

i would vote firaxis(civ 4 maker)

although both blizzard and relic would also be good.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jul 2006, 18:22

Id go with blizzard.But only if they promised not to use the toilet graphics.Firaxis would be my second choice here.

TelMarine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TelMarine » 25 Jul 2006, 18:57

impossible since Ubisoft now owns the series. Plus two of those companies are owned by other publishers (Vivendi-Blizzard, Relic-THQ).

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 25 Jul 2006, 19:34

well you know what we have to do now. rob some banks, buy the rights from ubisoft or just buy ubisoft and then kill the company just for giving the game to nival to make. then buy nival and kill them for being so shitty, then form our own awesome group to make it

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 25 Jul 2006, 19:52

So what's wrong with Arkane taking it over? They seem to be doing pretty good with the upcoming DM. :D
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jul 2006, 19:57

But they will be too busy making Might and Magic X... :baby:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2006, 21:23

Just because they can make a FPS or a RTS doesn't mean they would make a great HoMM.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jul 2006, 21:32

I was judging more on their dedication to the project and the fans.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 25 Jul 2006, 21:41

How about the Equilibris and WOG teams?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 25 Jul 2006, 21:53

ha!, dont make me laught, im pretty sure we will hear the same complains!

i have played other nival games, like etherlord and the AI is pretty smart,i think that the reason of all this H mess -ignoring the subgetive things about " how look this creature"- is the jump between the alpha and finished product, and the differences in the concept between Ubi-Nival, if there isnt good communication between devs and publishers any project will have problems, they would developed better the alpha in their bases instead to go with the newer version with fancy graphics, but i think that they didnt have other choice, since a average graphs game should need at least a more interesting gameplay, polemic thing with H gamers...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2006, 21:59

chaosgorgon wrote:ha!, dont make me laught, im pretty sure we will hear the same complains!
If the game was the same as it is now hell yeah. We're just thinking that they would have made it better.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jul 2006, 22:15

Seeing the graphics of FF X-2 (which simply transcends anything Nival can put up), I'd like Square to have a whack at it.

Now, that's great graphics! Nival, eat your hearts out!
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 25 Jul 2006, 22:25

i dont know about all the development of H5, but is possible that the old concept designed to alpha wasnt the best for the beta, since the new have other engine, so is possible that they would started again all the work, also it seems -only seems, since i have read in a comment from the Ubi forum- that both devs and publishers had initial differences about the game , it seems that ubi wanted an RTS, now you can imagine the differences in concept between both -also is clear the hostility between nival and Ubi-

"Seeing the graphics of FF X-2 (which simply transcends anything Nival can put up), I'd like Square to have a whack at it. "

well thats the point, Nival never had made games with great graphs, games like Ether, or Blitzkrieg dont have nice graphs, but interesting gameplay, they would keep the alpha graphs concept and work with the rest, instead to go with the "piece of art" of the new concept, but it seems that Ubi-Nival had also fear from the H4 whinings

besides, games with such "perfect" graphics are for girls :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2006, 22:55

Kalah wrote:Seeing the graphics of FF X-2 (which simply transcends anything Nival can put up), I'd like Square to have a whack at it.

great graphics! Nival, eat your hearts out!
Seeing as only one pic features ingame graphics i don't think you make a very compeling point. But both FFXs have great graphics for a console. Now if they would only come to the PC.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jul 2006, 23:07

chaosgorgon wrote:Nival never had made games with great graphs, games like Ether, or Blitzkrieg dont have nice graphs, but interesting gameplay
Granted, the gameplay in H5 is fairly good. But not very. And considering the system requirements of this game, it should have been more impressive than your average piece of trash, and it isn't m'kay.
chaosgorgon wrote:besides, games with such "perfect" graphics are for girls :D
Shudduup! ;)
Thundertitan wrote:Seeing as only one pic features ingame graphics i don't think you make a very compeling point.
Shudduup! If you want more gameplay pics, go hunt for 'em yourself. ;) And my point - one I have stressed time and time again on these forums - is that I think the gameplay graphics of H5 are a'ight, but the videos... *takes a breath* ... SUUUCK!!! :tsdown:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2006, 23:11

Kalah wrote: Shudduup! If you want more gameplay pics, go hunt for 'em yourself. ;) And my point - one I have stressed time and time again on these forums - is that I think the gameplay graphics of H5 are a'ight, but the videos... *takes a breath* ... SUUUCK!!! :tsdown:
The intro and from what i heard outro are videos. The rest are cutscenes. :tongue:

And I already know how the game looks, i was just saying that if you want to convince other people maybe you should actualy show them the graphics. FFVIII had FMV's that put H5 graphics too shame.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 26 Jul 2006, 01:37

Ea and lionhead studios. Black & white 1, 2, and fable were so well polished at release I'd love to see a repeat of that in homm format.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 26 Jul 2006, 02:15

I like anime as much as the next fanboy, but please god do not let Heroes turn into anime.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 26 Jul 2006, 04:19

juventas wrote:I like anime as much as the next fanboy, but please god do not let Heroes turn into anime.
What do you mean?

Wouldn't it be awesome if EA bought the rights for heroes 6, gave it to lionhead developers to make, and decided to go with a naruto/inuyasha/dragonball type theme? I mean everything ea gets their hands is absolute GOLD!

OMG ITS GENIUS!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Jul 2006, 04:39

hear, hear for Kalah!!!

Square can really animate a game, the FF cgi sequences (going back as far as FFVII) just make the jaw drop - and on a console too!! - they really do those sequences justice - rather than things bogging down in the story bits, you can't wait for the story to unfold in true cinematic gorgeousness!!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”