Summoned elementals don't stack anymore- 1.2 "feature&q

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Jul 2006, 19:24

Actually I found myself using summon elemental throught the campaign, even after acquiring summon phoenix. They were decent supplementary troops and I didn't have to worry about a wraith's harm touch killing off the entire stack, as was the case with summon phoenix. I really believe the more creatures you have fighting for you, the better.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 21 Jul 2006, 19:29

I was sarcastic like that because I wanted to show nival's really bad attempt at balance changes. Sure the master gremlins ability was 'good', however, compared to some of the other imbalances it meant nothing.

Cloning 100 arch-mages with a hero that has 2 spell power that gets to shoot immediately after being summoned along with forcing me to waste a spell to remove it is definitely NOT balanced.

Another thing that really annoys me is the extreme excess of luck in this game. Losing an entire battle because a pack of unicorns blinded 2 stacks in a single turn, although lame, is something I expect as it was present in all the past homm games. It seems though that every single unit in this game has this massive luck factor. Even the start of a match with every fast units is a luckfest since the battlefield is so small.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 21 Jul 2006, 19:43

How did water elementals get stronger?

Like Omega said, even with Summon Phoenix, Summon Elementals could be used repeatedly after your phoenix is already on the battlefield. Otherwise you could just keep casting Phantom Forces. However, if your army wasn't really that strong, elementals would do the job better.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 21 Jul 2006, 19:44

juventas wrote:How did water elementals get stronger?

Like Omega said, even with Summon Phoenix, Summon Elementals could be used repeatedly after your phoenix is already on the battlefield. Otherwise you could just keep casting Phantom Forces. However, if your army wasn't really that strong, elementals would do the job better.

Because with additional summonings of water elementals of the same stack, they didn't get any extra mana...now they will every summoning.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 21 Jul 2006, 19:46

Ethric wrote:Riiiight... so anything the AI can beat you with, should be removed from the game?
no, just the overpowered things that unbalance the game

next time, dont be such an obnoxious prick please? kthx

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 21 Jul 2006, 20:02

LordErtz wrote:Because with additional summonings of water elementals of the same stack, they didn't get any extra mana...now they will every summoning.
Bwahahahaha! Power to split caster stacks! Which reminds me of another thing they should probably have patched...

Anyway, stacking elementals is hardly overpowered, at least IMHO. You need a spellpower of 31 (or 27 with an elemental ring) to get 70 elementals per cast. If you didn't have enough resources to beat him by the time he pumped his hero to that level, then you probably couldn't have beaten him even if he had another skill instead of expert summoning.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 Jul 2006, 00:07

Paradox wrote:
Ethric wrote:Riiiight... so anything the AI can beat you with, should be removed from the game?
no, just the overpowered things that unbalance the game

next time, dont be such an obnoxious ***** please? kthx
You said it's good it was removed, and then mentioned that the AI once beat you with it. Thus giving the impression that was the reason. I posed a question based on that reasoning, in a sarcastic tone because it sounded quite absurd as it stood, with no further explanation. You then proceed with namecalling. Which is really obnoxious, and which you are not to do again, towards anyone here.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 22 Jul 2006, 10:03

LordErtz wrote:In single player the computer doesnt go after the MG sometimes and yeah, you can infinite regen the golems, but multiplayer people aren't so stupid. They didn't need to be nerfed.
So if a unit is only broken in singleplayer it does not need to be fixed?

I disagree that it's not an issue in MP btw. For example if academy can defeat a dragon utopia weeks before another player can that can give him an unfair edge.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Jul 2006, 11:12

Funny thing about summons/raisings/illusions is that HIV has the best system for this.Does anyone else share my view?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 22 Jul 2006, 11:25

DaemianLucifer wrote:Funny thing about summons/raisings/illusions is that HIV has the best system for this.Does anyone else share my view?
Why would that be a funny thing? Anyway, I certainly don't share your view. Raising, Summoning and Illusions ruined the game for me in combination with the fact that you didn't have many creatures in your army in the first place; 4 Heroes and 3 creature stacks per army was a normal rate. After one or two battle rounds you could have more illusions, Raised Dead or Summons around than the real thing - if you needed them at all.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Jul 2006, 11:38

Jolly Joker wrote: Why would that be a funny thing? Anyway, I certainly don't share your view. Raising, Summoning and Illusions ruined the game for me in combination with the fact that you didn't have many creatures in your army in the first place; 4 Heroes and 3 creature stacks per army was a normal rate. After one or two battle rounds you could have more illusions, Raised Dead or Summons around than the real thing - if you needed them at all.
That has nothing to do with the mechanics of those spells,but with the balance of armies,which was wrong,I agree.I was talking about the spell mechanics:

Summon:Summons a number of creatures,depending on the level,in a single stack.The creature is just like a normal creature,except it leaves no body when it dies. - This would work excelent in HV,just replace the level with SP.

Raises:Raises a number of creatures from dead creatures(wheter a living stack or a dead stack),depending on the level,in a single stack.One raised creature per one dead creatur per and one raised hp per one dead hp maximum(Im not sure about the second one though).The raised creature is just like a normal creature,except it leaves no body when it dies. - This would work excelent in HV,just replace the level with SP.

Illusions:Creates a number of illusionary creatures,depending on the level,in a single stack.Creatures have no spell points and leave no bodies when they die. - This would work excelent in HV,just replace the level with SP.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 22 Jul 2006, 12:32

MrSteamTank wrote:Good thing they fixed the master gremlins. They were hideously overpowered.

I mean compared to raise dead, phantom forces, klaus' special, and cavaliers/paladins it was obvious that master gremlins need a severe hit with the nerf stick.
Edit:
They did nerf the paladins. This also nerfs klaus' special.
Alright, I'm wrong. Faulty information.

minger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby minger » 22 Jul 2006, 18:38

Alamar wrote:
MrSteamTank wrote: I have no real idea how to effectively play Academy now. I had a hard enough time being able to keep up with Sylvan, Haven, Necropolis the first time through ....
raise dead + phantom forces 700 times in a row

Return to “Heroes V-VI”