Imbue Ballista reduces Hero Initiative?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Trevan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Imbue Ballista reduces Hero Initiative?

Unread postby Trevan » 18 Jul 2006, 21:17

Well, the subject says it all. Did I miss something in the descriptions of the skills? I was messing around with an Imbued Ballista, and everytime the thing went, it reduced my Hero's initiative like he had taken a turn. What basically happened was that everytime my Ballista came up before my Hero, I had to have it wait so my Hero could get a shot in, otherwise my Hero never gets a chance to go!

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 19 Jul 2006, 04:19

Weird.

Had Imbued Ballista just once in my gaming, but could've swear hero had his turns normally then. Maybe you encountered some bug, or I misremembered, and indeed it takes your hero's turn. Which should be bug.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 10:08

This was mentioned in the bug thread,and GC said thats how imbue ballista actually works,so its not a bug.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jul 2006, 10:18

just as glad then, that my rangers spell power is low enough that i don't worry about using the spell

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 19 Jul 2006, 15:35

DaemianLucifer wrote:This was mentioned in the bug thread,and GC said thats how imbue ballista actually works,so its not a bug.
¸
Maybe I'm misunderstanding here something...but just now tried again, had hero with imbue ballista (and ofcourse imbue arrow skill), and works normally (or what I would consider normal). Ballista shoots, spell is casted, but hero could do his actions then. Difference was though, that my hero had his turns before ballista...

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 19 Jul 2006, 16:47

Than it means that the previous situation is a bug and IMHO you should post it on the official forum.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Trevan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trevan » 19 Jul 2006, 21:16

DaemianLucifer wrote:This was mentioned in the bug thread,and GC said thats how imbue ballista actually works,so its not a bug.
Point me to it. I went to the bug thread in this forum and searched for both "Ballista" and "Imbue" and didn't find anything. Hmm....I'm going to go test this in a custom game. I got the imbue ballista ability with a random hero in the campaign, so i'll see if this changes anything.

EDIT: Took a level 30 hero with expert war machines and expert destruction, and all the required stuff of course. Everytime the ballista fired, the hero was knocked back in the bar. Of course, the difference was this time was it seemed to align the hero slightly ahead of the ballista. I would guess that if the ballista had a slightly faster initiative due to an artifact or something, your hero would never be able to take his turn normally.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”