HoMM V tracking well

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

HoMM V tracking well

Unread postby asandir » 18 Jul 2006, 05:44

According to Gamespot:

TOP 10 PC GAMES, JUNE 2006
1) World of Warcraft (Blizzard/Vivendi)
2) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2K Games/Take-Two)
3) Guild Wars Factions (NCsoft)
4) The Sims 2 (EA)
5) Heroes of Might & Magic V (Ubisoft)
6) The Sims 2: Open for Business Expansion (EA)
7) Age of Empires III (Microsoft)
8) Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (Microsoft)
9) Star Wars: Empire at War (LucasArts)
10) Civilization IV (2K Games/Take-Two)

here is the link http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154053.html - the info is buried towards the end

good to see it's still getting mentioned

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 18 Jul 2006, 11:54

Well, hopefully, it will stay on the Top 10 list for as long as possible and get more popularity...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 18 Jul 2006, 13:57

Ubisoft/Nival doesn't deserve so many sales since they didn't finish the game, work slow and don't listen to us.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jul 2006, 14:08

Campaigner wrote:Ubisoft/Nival doesn't deserve so many sales

--->> ok

since they didn't finish the game,

--->>46 maps, bad multiplayer, a few minor bugs.

work slow and don't listen to us.

--->>who exactly are they going to listen to? If they start listening to forumites they won't know which direction to go in because there are many conflicting ideas. They are working no slower than Bethesda,who arguably didn't finish Oblivion, in terms of patches and adding content .

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jul 2006, 16:06

PhoenixReborn wrote: --->>who exactly are they going to listen to? If they start listening to forumites they won't know which direction to go in because there are many conflicting ideas. They are working no slower than Bethesda,who arguably didn't finish Oblivion, in terms of patches and adding content .
What about firaxis?Or blizzard?They listen to fans,yet their games are finished.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 18 Jul 2006, 16:47

I'm pleasantly stunned with the #5 ranking. Ubisoft is no Blizzard, but I think they did listen to the fans to a large degree. Regardless, I'm sure most of us would love to see a few expansions and then a Heroes VI so we should all root for their success.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jul 2006, 17:04

tumorbane wrote:Ubisoft is no Blizzard, but I think they did listen to the fans to a large degree.
Sure they have.And of course theyre not blizzard,but if they are trying to copy them in something,it should be dedication,and not toilet graphics.

Btw,when you are comparing,compare with the best.Its better to strive for excelence and improve yourself,then comparing with the worst/mediocre and say its good its not like that.Dont get me wrong,bethesda does some good work,but oblivion is one of the worst(if not the worst)thing theyve done.Not because its a bad game,but because,like some said,it came unfinished.I sure hope it wont happen to fallout.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 Jul 2006, 17:13

I have yet to see an game thats released finished :P
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jul 2006, 17:25

Sauron wrote:I have yet to see an game thats released finished :P
So you never played,for example,super mario?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jul 2006, 17:51

DaemianLucifer wrote:
tumorbane wrote:Ubisoft is no Blizzard, but I think they did listen to the fans to a large degree.
Sure they have.And of course theyre not blizzard,but if they are trying to copy them in something,it should be dedication,and not toilet graphics.

Btw,when you are comparing,compare with the best.Its better to strive for excelence and improve yourself,then comparing with the worst/mediocre and say its good its not like that.Dont get me wrong,bethesda does some good work,but oblivion is one of the worst(if not the worst)thing theyve done.Not because its a bad game,but because,like some said,it came unfinished.I sure hope it wont happen to fallout.
You missed Battlespire.

It is impossible that Bethesda will capture the Fallout spirit, it was just a different time then.

What has Blizzard done that is so great? What is an example of listening to the fans, that is so different from copying the main ideas from Heroes III as desired by the fans?

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 18 Jul 2006, 17:59

DaemianLucifer wrote:So you never played,for example,super mario?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sauron wrote:I have yet to see an game thats released finished :P
Others good games lack a bit to look like finished, while H5 lacks a lot. H5 sells good only because it`s HoMM game and it`s publisher is Ubi.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 18 Jul 2006, 18:03

Sauron wrote: "I have yet to see an game thats released finished :P"

GTA: San Andreas sure works quite nice without any patches.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 18 Jul 2006, 19:05

PhoenixReborn wrote:
Campaigner wrote:Ubisoft/Nival doesn't deserve so many sales

--->> ok

since they didn't finish the game,

--->>46 maps, bad multiplayer, a few minor bugs.

work slow and don't listen to us.

--->>who exactly are they going to listen to? If they start listening to forumites they won't know which direction to go in because there are many conflicting ideas. They are working no slower than Bethesda,who arguably didn't finish Oblivion, in terms of patches and adding content .
a few minor bugs? what crap-cut crack are you smoking?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jul 2006, 20:30

a few minor bugs? what crap-cut crack are you smoking?
Yep a few minor bugs. I played the multiplayer maps and a couple scenarios, and I've gone through the first two campaigns without bugs. By now we have the artifact descriptions so I'm having no problems. What bugs have you personally encountered?

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 18 Jul 2006, 20:32

memory leaks, and multiplayer desynchronization are major bugs

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jul 2006, 02:35

if i can break the bug discussion slightly, i will add that the game was more than playable on release, and FUN!! Sure it wasn't polished to the degree I would have liked, and had some irritating bugs, but i can live with that, as long as the continued support is there - which so far looks likely

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 Jul 2006, 02:52

stefan.urlus wrote:if i can break the bug discussion slightly, i will add that the game was more than playable on release, and FUN!! Sure it wasn't polished to the degree I would have liked, and had some irritating bugs, but i can live with that, as long as the continued support is there - which so far looks likely
I have to agree stefan.urlus, I feel that this game will last the test of the time. Wasn't that the point of your original post :proud:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jul 2006, 03:25

Very much so phoenix ....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 10:02

PhoenixReborn wrote: What has Blizzard done that is so great? What is an example of listening to the fans, that is so different from copying the main ideas from Heroes III as desired by the fans?
Starcraft is what theyve done that is so great.Also,lots of people complement them on their support for WoW.

Necaradan666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Necaradan666 » 21 Jul 2006, 23:31

stefan.urlus wrote:if i can break the bug discussion slightly, i will add that the game was more than playable on release, and FUN!! Sure it wasn't polished to the degree I would have liked, and had some irritating bugs, but i can live with that, as long as the continued support is there - which so far looks likely
I agree that the game was playable and fun, but the polishing was a *long* way from what I consider to be professional... more like sloppy...

I doubt the game will ever reflect the glory of past games when, as an example, they can't even be bothered with checking for spelling errors. So what if they're Russian or French, is getting a proper translation really that hard? If someone who can read English sat at the game for a few hours before release they could have caught a lot of mistakes

Return to “Heroes V-VI”