We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What is your favorite faction in HOMM V?

Heaven
10%
Inferno
12%
Necropolis
24%
Dungeon
23%
Sylvan
16%
Academy
15%

Total votes: 164

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 23 Jul 2006, 23:11

The Academy campaign isn't anything to get too excited about ThunderTitan. It did do a good job at depicting the heroes as fairly clueless. Also, the usefulness of Artificier takes quite a hit in the campaign.

Additionally, "it's time to party" or whaver they say, seems really out of place.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jul 2006, 00:32

Omega_Destroyer wrote:The Academy campaign isn't anything to get too excited about ThunderTitan.
I hate leaving stuff unfinished. Then again i should try geting past m.8 of Homeworld again. At least that one i stopped because i got my @$$ kicked, and not because it annoyed me.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

cooper82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cooper82 » 24 Jul 2006, 08:47

Voted Inferno.

IMO, it's a very tactical faction. Gating is very powerful. Deleb and Nymus are great heroes.

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 24 Jul 2006, 18:18

Wonder why people don't choose Haven as their favorite. Is it beacose they are plain OLD humans??? And why didn't anyone make a Haven Strategy Guide?? The faction is hevy nice and if noone is going to create it than I'll write it. If ANYONE is in progress post the message so i won't have waste my time.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby thecheese » 24 Jul 2006, 18:51

Haven units are probably the most basic and straightforward of the races. And they really didn't very creative with them, once again, since they basically have no new units and employ few unique (i.e. racially based) tactics.

Peasants/Conscripts - Been around forever.

Archers/Marksmen - Been around forever, though their specials are unique this time around, which is nice.

Footman/Squire - Take on a relatively new incarnation this time, unless you go back to H2, in which they are basically Swordsmen with beefed up specials.

Griffins/Imperial - Been around forever. Battle Dive gives them more versitality, though.

Priest/Inquisitor - Basically these are monks/zealots from 3 and 4. Spellcasting to the upgraded form is nice, though.

Cavalier/Paladin - Been around forever. Lay of Hands is nice, but their main purpose hasn't changed much.

Angels/Arch Angels - Been around forever.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of the units, but if there had to be a reason, I think it's the units.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 24 Jul 2006, 18:51

omegaweix wrote:Voted Academy....
but this decision didn't need "some time", since H2 wizards are my all time faves.... but in this game Sylvan caught quite up with them (if the Avenger special skill was more comfortable to use maybe they'd be on par with Acad. ) .
You always go with those sissy wizards :disagree: *sigh*.

I prefer the scary looking type of creatures ... for example pixies and elves :creative:. So, Sylvan is my choice :-D.

Seriously, I'll stick with Necropolis. My all time favorite since HII.
omegaweix wrote: p.s. minor typo i've encountered very often, i think the castle faction is spelled "Haven" instead of "Heaven" .
Why are you being so anal on a single additional letter? Aren't you supposed to be the alternative type of guy, who would rather chill out instead of being bothered with negligible things like proper spelling?

It's _my_ job to supervise people's orthography.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 24 Jul 2006, 19:19

omegaweix wrote: p.s. minor typo i've encountered very often, i think the castle faction is spelled "Haven" instead of "Heaven" .
berntie wrote: Why are you being so anal on a single additional letter? Aren't you supposed to be the alternative type of guy, who would rather chill out instead of being bothered with negligible things like proper spelling?

It's not a misspelling. It's HAVEN, which is a completely different word AND meaning than HEAVEN.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 24 Jul 2006, 19:29

LordErtz wrote:
berntie wrote: Why are you being so anal on a single additional letter? Aren't you supposed to be the alternative type of guy, who would rather chill out instead of being bothered with negligible things like proper spelling?

It's not a misspelling. It's HAVEN, which is a completely different word AND meaning than HEAVEN.
I don't think anyone was confused about what town he was refering to. :)

GOW

russianspy5727
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby russianspy5727 » 24 Jul 2006, 19:45

necropolis is definitly the best for these reasons

cheap
vampires
raise dead
3 dragons per week
raise dead
Vladimir
shrine of the netherworld
necromancy
raise dead

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 24 Jul 2006, 20:07

LordErtz wrote:

Keep cool.

I don't care if it was a misspelling, misunderstanding, or something else (well, I'd prefer if people would express themselves in an exact way; see my last sentence ;) ).

It was just a joke. Omegaweix knows that.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Jul 2006, 20:39

thecheese wrote:Griffins/Imperial - Been around forever. Battle Dive gives them more versitality, though.
Yup. Before H3, there were noting. After H3, there were nothing...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Swordchewer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swordchewer » 24 Jul 2006, 21:17

berntie wrote:You always go with those sissy wizards *sigh*.
How dare you! Wizards are the best and will always be! never muck the wizards!

voted for academy...
Last edited by Swordchewer on 24 Jul 2006, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 24 Jul 2006, 21:21

Swordchewer wrote:
You always go with those sissy wizards *sigh*.
How dare you! Wizards are the best and will always be! never muck the wizards!

voted for academy...
Wizards are the best and you have ugly barbarian as your avatar? :|

Swordchewer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swordchewer » 24 Jul 2006, 21:25

temporarily... actually, he is pretty ugly... will change that later

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 21:29

Gaidal Cain wrote: Yup. Before H3, there were noting. After H3, there were nothing...
Well since nival says it is like that,then it certanly is like that.

Hmmm...Maybe the game should be called Heroes of Might and Magic III 2 :devious:

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby howgrizzly » 25 Jul 2006, 11:33

LordErtz wrote:

If you guy would read the WHOLE topic than you wouldn't even write this %#&@
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby howgrizzly » 27 Jul 2006, 07:43

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote: Yup. Before H3, there were noting. After H3, there were nothing...
Well since nival says it is like that,then it certanly is like that.

Hmmm...Maybe the game should be called Heroes of Might and Magic III 2 :devious:
I must say that they really were something in HoMM 3 and they even got better in HoMM 5. They even look nice but i don't like the upgraded version. I love the www.elrath.com version with no Armor but with more white feathers.
Friedrich Nietzsche

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 28 Jul 2006, 13:05

omegaweix wrote:
Am i the only one around here who is not offended by the look and feel of the gargoyles? :|
Not at all. I think they are just wrong, actually. Animated bookends is how they look to me. 8|

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 28 Jul 2006, 13:21

Necro. I've been a sucker for dead guys ever since HII's 'Blah!!'...

Night_Heaven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Night_Heaven » 28 Jul 2006, 15:35

I can't belive Necropolis is on first place.... 8| .Now that is weird..They are soo weak and still they have 25 votes..Ntz ntz ntz :-D

On topic- I like Sylvans and Academy ..I can't choose...buhuu

Return to “Heroes V-VI”